Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

Can i start a new thread so soon?

I would prefer that.

No need to be condescending. I know what a relationship is.

I know what love feels like, i am 30.

I don't think David48 was being condescending or trying to be.

I think he was just gently letting you know to slow down a fraction

and he provided you with some good links to research.

Why don't you read the threads provided and then come back if you

have any questions.

Most of the stuff you're after will be here somewhere. We've seen it all

on this forum.

All the best.

• Like 2

I would prefer that.

have any questions.

on this forum.

All the best.

Ive been reading this forum for weeks now and still have not found concise and clear advice.

Plenty of bickering and cynicism though.

I dont have any time or care to read through countless pages of irrelevant dribble between bored old farangs.

I am gen Y. I am direct. I dont want to waste what little time i have to read pointless musings, which is why i have asked for specific help.

catmaninoz ... we are trying to help you, though it may not come across as same.

You have specific needs, a question that is unique to you.

Why not start your own thread?

Just go to this page ... visas-and-migration-to-other-countries ... click the 'Start New Topic'

which is that black box, top right of screen.

And ask your question there.

You have got 30 mins to edit your Opening Post (OP) in-case you want to make changes.

I hope things go well for you.

• Like 1

Cat,

As always David has given you some solid advise, rare in this forum. Please take all care in your venture... the adage love is blind is not a joke :) If the relationship is strong enough, it will stand the test of time and distance so there is no need to hurry things. I was married to a Japanese lady for 10yrs in Japan, we ended only 1 yr after being back in Oz (when the reality of it set in) some are in love with the idea of the 'foreign land, which can be read sometimes as just 'anywhere but Thailand'. I am not casting doubt on you or your relationship at all here, just a heads up that it's better to trial these things. The application and the process will all fall in line when you have this experience behind you. You will have bank accounts, history, et al.

Get her to Oz for as long as possible on a tourist visa, let her see what it is all about is my advise as well.

Oz

• Like 2

Cat,

As always David has given you some solid advise, rare in this forum. Please take all care in your venture... the adage love is blind is not a joke :) If the relationship is strong enough, it will stand the test of time and distance so there is no need to hurry things. I was married to a Japanese lady for 10yrs in Japan, we ended only 1 yr after being back in Oz (when the reality of it set in) some are in love with the idea of the 'foreign land, which can be read sometimes as just 'anywhere but Thailand'. I am not casting doubt on you or your relationship at all here, just a heads up that it's better to trial these things. The application and the process will all fall in line when you have this experience behind you. You will have bank accounts, history, et al.

Get her to Oz for as long as possible on a tourist visa, let her see what it is all about is my advise as well.

Oz

Cool story bro.

I dont want life advice.

I want specific advice on how to get her here as quick as possible. Advice related to whatever hoops have to be jumped through. Im not interested in randoms telling me how to be in a relationship.

Am i the first person to go through all of this? Surely not.

And i have shown courtesy to those who have helped.

Contrary to what some think, davids posts are condescending because they only offered "life advice" as opposed to "how to help the situation speed up" advice.

But thanks for providing more irrelevant musings.

I will just pay someone to help me.

I would prefer that.

have any questions.

on this forum.

All the best.

Ive been reading this forum for weeks now and still have not found concise and clear advice.

Plenty of bickering and cynicism though.

I dont have any time or care to read through countless pages of irrelevant dribble between bored old farangs.

I am gen Y. I am direct. I dont want to waste what little time i have to read pointless musings, which is why i have asked for specific help.

Well, you came here asking for help, and when you read something you didn't like, you started to slag of the people

that can help you. There's nothing wrong with being direct, but that was just rude. These "bored old farangs" are the

ones who could probably save you time and money as they've "been there and done that".

But, If you don't have time or can't be bothered to read through the information, suggest you go and employ an agent.

Can help, but chose not to be helpful. So therefore warrants the slagging off imo.

I came here for advise because people have been here and done that.

Not to be told to slow down or be this or feel that.

Specific advice.

As in. What visa to apply for. When to apply. What is needed.

I just wanted it broken down simply. I cant understand that public servant written nonsense on the immigration website.

All filler. Just want killer.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest a working holiday visa, this gives her 12 month, then she has to do 3 months rural work to get another 12 months.

By then, youll have 12mnths proof of living together, along with bank accounts 12 months of photos (3 weeks will get you denied, even with a tourist visa) letters emails, skype, thats only 1/20 of it.

Its a bloody long and hard process. Im an aussie female, dating a thai guy who is too old for the working visa.... Ive done the hard yards, slept on hard floors, stayed with his family, lived in thailand for 3 years....

Its not easy & it never will be, but its worth it.

For a great agent in Sydney, check out 'my access australia'. Agents are expensive, but so worth it in my opinion.

Even with a tourist visa, you need to show your relationship of a reasonable amount of time, her bank account, a job or reasonable reason for her to return.

• Like 1

I suggest a working holiday visa, this gives her 12 month, then she has to do 3 months rural work to get another 12 months.

By then, youll have 12mnths proof of living together, along with bank accounts 12 months of photos (3 weeks will get you denied, even with a tourist visa) letters emails, skype, thats only 1/20 of it.

Its a bloody long and hard process. Im an aussie female, dating a thai guy who is too old for the working visa.... Ive done the hard yards, slept on hard floors, stayed with his family, lived in thailand for 3 years....

For a great agent in Sydney, check out 'my access australia'. Agents are expensive, but so worth it in my opinion.

Even with a tourist visa, you need to show your relationship of a reasonable amount of time, her bank account, a job or reasonable reason for her to return.

Working holiday visa is not so easy for a Thai, requirements, criteria etc at URL below

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/pages/462.aspx

• Like 1

Working holiday visa is not so easy for a Thai, requirements, criteria etc at URL below

Alot easier than anything else he will apply for! Partner visa will be denied until 12 mnths proof of living together.

Having a baby or being married means the 12mnth proof isnt needed any longer, but you still need proof of an ongoing relationship to the exclusion of all others.

Alot easier than anything else he will apply for! Partner visa will be denied until 12 mnths proof of living together.

Having a baby or being married means the 12mnth proof isnt needed any longer, but you still need proof of an ongoing relationship to the exclusion of all others.

But how do you live together without a visa?

It seems a lot of these requirements are out dated.

Have they heard of skype, smartphones etc?

Sacrifices u make in cross cultural relationships... Live with her in thailand! There are too many women and men having online relationships with 100 at a time.. Im not saying that of yours, but you cant have an ongoing relationship without seeing eachother more than 2 wks a year ..

You have to sacrifice. You have to put everything on the line. Go live witg her, live a thai life, cos that aint easy either.

Sacrifices u make in cross cultural relationships... Live with her in thailand! There are too many women and men having online relationships with 100 at a time.. Im not saying that of yours, but you cant have an ongoing relationship without seeing eachother more than 2 wks a year ..

You have to sacrifice. You have to put everything on the line. Go live witg her, live a thai life, cos that aint easy either.

Wont happen.

Have debts to pay here and need Aud to do it.

I will not be sharing a bank account with anyone, ever.

Is that really a requirement?

Not a requirement, but holds alot of weight and shows alot over a period of 12months, with the ins and outs.

Yeah, that wont happen either.

If we just get married does that get rid of the need to be defacto etc?

Not a requirement, but holds alot of weight and shows alot over a period of 12months, with the ins and outs.

Yes. But you still need to show a reasonable relationship.

Take e advice of all of us that live and have lived in thailand. Dont marry her for a visa. You dont know her, or her family.

You need to be willing to make sacrifices, i save enough to pay all my debts monthly and live ontourist visas.

If you arent willing to do the hard yards, it wont last. Youll go crazy! Visas arent easy for australia, there is NO quick fix.

Take e advice of all of us that live and have lived in thailand. Dont marry her for a visa. You dont know her, or her family.

I will marry her for a visa if thats what it takes.

Marriage is no big deal to me.

I do know her. Very well.

Again, not after shitty life advice from cynics.

ass

You need to be willing to make sacrifices, i save enough to pay all my debts monthly and live ontourist visas.

If you arent willing to do the hard yards, it wont last. Youll go crazy! Visas arent easy for australia, there is NO quick fix.

I am making sacrifices.

The whole point of getting her here is so we can make aussie money and retire to thailand sooner.

Im not going to live in thailand and sleep on the floor or live a backpacker life.

ass

Whatever yank.

I am making sacrifices.

The whole point of getting her here is so we can make aussie money and retire to thailand sooner.

Im not going to live in thailand and sleep on the floor or live a backpacker life.

I wish you the best of luck.

I would sleep on the floor for the rest of my life, if thats all i ever had with my partner.

We dont lead a backpacker life, its called the thai life. Sonething you obviously arent interested in. Something you wouldnt survive in.

I am making sacrifices.

I wish you the best of luck.

I would sleep on the floor for the rest of my life, if thats all i ever had with my partner.

We dont lead a backpacker life, its called the thai life. Sonething you obviously arent interested in. Something you wouldnt survive in.

And why would i want to exactly?

Is anyone here going to actually help or just try to push their shitty poverty lifestyle on me?

I want her to live here with me.

Whats so hard to understand?

Have i not been clear in what i want to hear??