How to Download MP3 Music

Chao Lao Beach

VLC is a superb media player that will also rip rip the tracks from your CD and encode them to MP3. For use in car you will want at least 160 kb/s, but I like to rip at 320 kb/s which is about the highest available. Note that few car players will play the lossless recordings such as FLAC.

Edited by keeniau96

myfreemp3.eu - claims to be legal.

If you have a 'modern' car, music machine probably has a usb port, much stabler than trying to listen to CDs en-voiture. AA

Instead of listening to the same old crap over and over again, why not get a media capture device and rip entire radio music programs to mp3 to listen in the car? Better still just connect a media player to the car player and stream real time from any radio station in the world.

I buy all my music from iTunes legally (at the moment already 3091 items (see screenshot) , however I don't have a Thai iTunes account but a European one and I can buy the cards (to top up the Store balance) easily online. I don't have a Credit Card tied to my iTunes account (I don't think that it is a good idea (for me that is thumbsup.gif )

With iTunes you sometimes can buy albums with 100+ songs for as low as 3 Euro's (approx 120 THB)

post-10213-0-45264800-1403691102_thumb.j

If you don't care much about the order of the songs and what artist/title is playing (say, you love Jazz in general but are adventurous enough to listen to lesser known artists or lesser known titles by famous artists), I would recommend to rip audio streams from web radio services such as Shoutcast (there are many more). It's not limited to Jazz, there are usually dozens of styles or eras on hundreds of channels. The quality varies from very sketchy 32kbps to quite acceptable 128kbps and even 256 kbps.

But I can tell you that if you're wondering how to get or make an MP3, you'll have a much harder time ripping an audio stream. And worse, this is done in real time so that 300 minutes of music will take you 300 minutes in real time, and there are no gaps - basically like listening to a real radio program.

Is it legal? Probably as much as making a recording of a show on real radio,

You can find loads of legal MP3 music on torrents like TPB and KickAss, you just have to avoid all the illegal stuff. All you need is a torrent client like uTorrent or the like installed to do the actual download. Alternative is to rip your own CDs into MP3, you can simply google: free MP3 ripper software. You'll find several examples of freeware. Or as earlier suggested use VideoLAN media player to rip them. Google is your friend.

The old-school legal method used to be ripping actual CDs.

Then Apple came along allowing you to buy and somewhat instantly download tunes ...even allowing you to change some into mp3s

support.apple.com: iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

Other online stores may allow a similar process.

Wow! You can pay Apple (such a wonderful company?) or do it for yourself for free!!

Instead of listening to the same old crap over and over again, why not get a media capture device and rip entire radio music programs to mp3 to listen in the car? Better still just connect a media player to the car player and stream real time from any radio station in the world.

+1. http://www.radiosure.com/

I like to listen to mp3s on my phone headphones as I’m driving around. I love listening to BBC 6 Music (shows such as RadMac & Don Letts). I therefore use get I player which rips BBC radio shows in to mp3s.

But you forget to add, that you would also need a VPN to be able to download these shows.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

I like to listen to mp3s on my phone headphones as I’m driving around. I love listening to BBC 6 Music (shows such as RadMac & Don Letts). I therefore use get I player which rips BBC radio shows in to mp3s.

But you forget to add, that you would also need a VPN to be able to download these shows.

Maybe you're confusing BBC iplayer with getiplayer - the latter doesn't need a VPN. I get all my BBC stuff this way and its fast.

Edited by Digitalbanana

Please do yourself a great favor and buy a DVD player with a USB. I've got 16 GB of music, doesn't matter what files and could drive from Ubon to Chiang Mai and back and would never listen to the same song again.

Isn't really expensive and comes with a remote control. I reckon JVC.

It's the 21st century, dude.

Edited by sirchai

I like to listen to mp3s on my phone headphones as Im driving around. I love listening to BBC 6 Music (shows such as RadMac & Don Letts). I therefore use get I player which rips BBC radio shows in to mp3s.

Maybe you're confusing BBC iplayer with getiplayer - the latter doesn't need a VPN. I get all my BBC stuff this way and its fast.

Getiplayer works fine in Thailand downloading/ripping BBC radio shows in to mp3s...try it, its very good (ANY BBC radio show in the previous 7 days)...I've been using for quite a while and have a huge store of shows I've yet to listen to.

...just looking back at yesterdays' :

Isn't there enough danger going on around you without adding to it by driving with headphones on ya head facepalm.gif ​Doh!

Edited by tifino
  • Like 2

One more oxymoron on the roads.

Do you have android smart phone or tablet?you can easy find in googleplay applications like:freemp3 or mp3download,install it,input name of music or artists,leave it overnight and on next morning you will have long collection to use in your car.

Very easy!

also follow advice about car audio system with usb input;if you want to go cheapcharlie - go to electronic shop and buy car FM modulator(100-200B) - smal gadget from China,which will do sufficient job.Your music will stay on SD memory card or usb pen drive,your monies will stay in your pocket.

Another way is to look for CDs and DVDs with mp3 compilations from friends and borrow them,you may find such items in certain shops or markets.do you go sometime to Vientian for visa runs?visit TaladMarket - the 4th floor.Duty Free shops on borders with Laos,Cambo and Birma are worth of your attention as well;even DutyFree at theirs airports!

what music do you like?

As others have already told you, google does a good job if you're feeling like a pirate, otherwise there are plenty of legal sites out there, for instance Amazon, where you can download an entire album or just an individual song from an album if that is all you want.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One more oxymoron on the roads.

Hrmmm....

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oxymoron

I like to listen to mp3s on my phone headphones as Im driving around. I love listening to BBC 6 Music (shows such as RadMac & Don Letts). I therefore use get I player which rips BBC radio shows in to mp3s.

Just to clarify, as I didn't make it too clear in my post hence all the sarcastic comments that followed:

In car = I plug my phone in to a little portable speaker

NOT in car = use headphones.

Clear enough?

From their Faq

I'm not in the UK, can I use get_iplayer?

You need a UK IP address to use get_iplayer, just like you would if you used the BBC iPlayer service.

http://squarepenguin.co.uk/faqs/

Ps: That's where I got that from, maybe they just wrote that to stay "legal" thumbsup.gif

Last time I checked, that wasn't the web site, but this is http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif