Condo Fire exit Regulations

We have like hundreds of neon light burning 24/7 at our 40 story condo's 2 sets of fire exits

emergency's stairs,

My question, do they have to on all the time? what dose the building and the fire

department's regulations act says about this? regulation

is it possible to fit those light with motion sensors or similar devices?

in today's electricity prices, we're trying to see where is the unnecessary wastage is

and find a way to be more economical....

Don't complain. I can name one older condo where the emergency lights in the stairwells have been removed.

This has nothing to do with complaining, this has to do with conserving energy and curbing

wastage mate....

Don't complain. I can name one older condo where the emergency lights in the stairwells have been removed.

This has nothing to do with complaining, this has to do with conserving energy and curbing

wastage mate....

Yup, I understand what you're saying. It seems to be all or nothing. Most emergency lighting goes on if the power is out.

No idea about actual Thai regulations, but it would be unwise (and probably illegal) to remove all 24/7 lighting in the stairwells.

If the lights are suitably wired how about leaving 30% on and the others only light on a fire alarm?

Replace tubes with LED work alikes when they fail. Much longer life means reduction in maintenance and energy costs are about 60%. Could be worth looking at in all public areas.

No idea about actual Thai regulations, but it would be unwise (and probably illegal) to remove all 24/7 lighting in the stairwells.

If the lights are suitably wired how about leaving 30% on and the others only light on a fire alarm?

Replace tubes with LED work alikes when they fail. Much longer life means reduction in maintenance and energy costs are about 60%. Could be worth looking at in all public areas.

Indeed, we're looking at replacing all the lighting in our common areas to LED, the problems

is that they initially cost a mint to replace, but I guess that in the long run they will pay for them

selves....

Replace the old magnetic ballasts and starters with electronic ballasts. These new ballasts can work with dimmers tied to motion sensors. The sensors would turn power up to max on detecting motion, and after a minute or so, dim power back down.

Edited by trogers

Replace the old magnetic ballasts and starters with electronic ballasts. These new ballasts can work with dimmers tied to motion sensors. The sensors would turn power up to max on detecting motion, and after a minute or so, dim power back down.

Good input, thanks......

I just find strange these light are On 24/24 ??

In my condo they are On only when the whole building light is On : about 6pm - 6am

I don't see why a fire regulation would impose to have them On during daylight ??

Here's one for you. Every building over xx height has these flashing red lights on them all night every night and I suspect they are on during the day but I can't see them flashing.

I understand they are there to warn low flying aircraft I suppose but surely if you have a 10 storey condo next to say a 40 storey office building is it really necessary to have a set of flashing red lights on your 10 storey building?

I could see these lights being useful near airports I suppose but it seems redundant to me that the case I described above is commonplace. Take a gander tonight after dark - there are thousands of them flashing all night long...

Perhaps they don't use too much energy after all.

I just find strange these light are On 24/24 ??

In my condo they are On only when the whole building light is On : about 6pm - 6am

I don't see why a fire regulation would impose to have them On during daylight ??

Fire escapes have to be kept lit 24/7. Those with windows need only have lights on from sunset to sunrise.

Here's one for you. Every building over xx height has these flashing red lights on them all night every night and I suspect they are on during the day but I can't see them flashing.

I understand they are there to warn low flying aircraft I suppose but surely if you have a 10 storey condo next to say a 40 storey office building is it really necessary to have a set of flashing red lights on your 10 storey building?

I could see these lights being useful near airports I suppose but it seems redundant to me that the case I described above is commonplace. Take a gander tonight after dark - there are thousands of them flashing all night long...

Warning lights are also for helicopters, not just airplanes.

Warning lights are also for helicopters, not just airplanes.

I appreciate that point Trogers - see a few during the daytime flying about so know doubt there might be one flying around Bangkok at night. But my point is if you take the Dusit Thani for example that used to be the tallest building in Bangkok I believe a couple decades and it rightly had a red light flashing on top to warn low flying aircraft, it has now been dwarfed by buildings nearby that have the same kind of lights flashing. Perhaps a better example would be Tall Baiyoke Tower and the old Baiyoke beside it. Surely the pilot would see the taller tower lights.... nevermind lol