Cricket International Series & General Chat

Perth Scorchers in good form.

My mum turned 71 today and was at the the game,i'm sure she went home happy.clap2.gif

Although didn't see her take a crowd catch which would have topped it off.smile.png

Carberry is laughing all the way to the bank.

The boys are travelling well.

They've only lost 2 wickets in their last 3 gamesblink.png

I think we're a bit skinny in the batting and might be in trouble if/when Marsh comes

out to play for Australia. We've got a great bowling attack though.

Freddy Flintoff just hates that Choomba guy......I'm with Freddietongue.png

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile in South Africa:-

England won the first Test by 241 runs.

At the end of the first day of the second test England were 327 for 5, then on the second day Ben Stokes hits fastest England double century in Tests

Ben Stokes hit the fastest double century for England, the second fastest in history, on day two of the second Test with South Africa in Cape Town.

Stokes, in his 21st Test, resumed on 74 and raced to 200 in 163 balls to beat Ian Botham's 220-ball record.

Jonny Bairstow (150) struck his maiden Test century and shared in a stand of 399, a sixth-wicket world record.

Conditions mean hard work for the bowlers, and as I type it is the afternoon of the third day and South Africa are 258 for 2; Amla 120, de Villiers 85.

England (629 for 6 dec) can't lose this, but unless they get one, preferably both, of those two out soon and into South Africa's long tail I can't see there being a result.

A high scoring draw, I reckon.

Edited by 7by7

Meanwhile in South Africa:-

England won the first Test by 241 runs.

At the end of the first day of the second test England were 327 for 5, then on the second day Ben Stokes hits fastest England double century in Tests

Ben Stokes hit the fastest double century for England, the second fastest in history, on day two of the second Test with South Africa in Cape Town.

Stokes, in his 21st Test, resumed on 74 and raced to 200 in 163 balls to beat Ian Botham's 220-ball record.

Jonny Bairstow (150) struck his maiden Test century and shared in a stand of 399, a sixth-wicket world record.

Conditions mean hard work for the bowlers, and as I type it is the afternoon of the third day and South Africa are 258 for 2; Amla 120, de Villiers 85.

England (629 for 6 dec) can't lose this, but unless they get one, preferably both, of those two out soon and into South Africa's long tail I can't see there being a result.

A high scoring draw, I reckon.

Nice and quick double ton

Well they've got de Villiers; c Anderson b Finn 88.

Amla dropped yesterday when on 76 and again this afternoon on 120!

South Africa at tea are 290 for 3; Amla 132, du Plessis 15.

Edited by 7by7

It makes for an interesting couple of days to come,much depends if England can nick a wicket or two after tea.

Otherwise on this proven batting wicket it's likely to be a draw.

England are still favourites with the draw 2/1.

Tough call.

Edited by stoneyboy

It makes for an interesting couple of days to come,much depends if England can nick a wicket or two after tea.

Otherwise on this proven batting wicket it's likely to be a draw.

England are still favourites with the draw 2/1.

Tough call.

At close SA 353 for 3 most likely to be a draw? with either going into the decider with their tails up?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lunch on day four and South Africa are 428 for 3 off 160 overs (2.6 runs per over)

Amla 200, du Plessis 81.

Despite a perfect batting pitch offering nothing for the bowlers, South Africa have been playing for the draw since the first ball of their innings.

Even Boycott was saying on TMS this morning that yesterday was tedious viewing, and he recommended people spend the day by the pool instead of coming to the cricket; at least until England were batting again.

This morning, Amla and du Plessis have continued in the same way.

But one can't blame them

They'd lost their last four tests and all their top batsmen have been out of form. So they wanted to avoid going into the third test 2 down with 2 play.

This has allowed them to play themselves back into form.

Not over yet; if England can get the 7 wickets before tea and then come out to slog a lead of 250 before lunch tomorrow then South Africa could have a torrid time.

Big if, though.

Meanwhile in India:

Mumbai’s Dhanawade hits 1,009 runs in 323 balls; Sachin says well done

Mumbai teenager Pranav Dhanawade on Tuesday scripted history by becoming the first cricketer ever to notch up a four-figure score by smashing an unbeaten knock of 1,009 in an inter-school tournament.

The 15-year-old’s knock included 129 fours and 59 sixes during the match at the Union Cricket Academy ground in Kalyan. The effort helped his school declare on 1465/3, which is also a record for the highest ever team score.

Meanwhile in India:

Mumbai’s Dhanawade hits 1,009 runs in 323 balls; Sachin says well done

Mumbai teenager Pranav Dhanawade on Tuesday scripted history by becoming the first cricketer ever to notch up a four-figure score by smashing an unbeaten knock of 1,009 in an inter-school tournament.

The 15-year-old’s knock included 129 fours and 59 sixes during the match at the Union Cricket Academy ground in Kalyan. The effort helped his school declare on 1465/3, which is also a record for the highest ever team score.

T20 generation

Lunch on day four and South Africa are 428 for 3 off 160 overs (2.6 runs per over)

Amla 200, du Plessis 81.

Despite a perfect batting pitch offering nothing for the bowlers, South Africa have been playing for the draw since the first ball of their innings.

Even Boycott was saying on TMS this morning that yesterday was tedious viewing, and he recommended people spend the day by the pool instead of coming to the cricket; at least until England were batting again.

This morning, Amla and du Plessis have continued in the same way.

But one can't blame them

They'd lost their last four tests and all their top batsmen have been out of form. So they wanted to avoid going into the third test 2 down with 2 play.

This has allowed them to play themselves back into form.

Not over yet; if England can get the 7 wickets before tea and then come out to slog a lead of 250 before lunch tomorrow then South Africa could have a torrid time.

Big if, though.

Boycott must have forgotten what it was like when Chris Tavare was at the crease.biggrin.png

Morris just gone ,

Bavuma to get his ton ,Amla will declare ,England will lose a wicket this evening , maybe SA can teach England how to catch balls . SA must have made 200 runs with all the dropped catches .

Is they a record for the number of records to go in one match .

^^ really? Irrespective of loyalties i prefer seeing teams and players playing/batting to win , not going for the draw.

Edited by rijit

http://youtu.be/g8WFYvLgrt0

Media is banging on about this in Australia. I thought it was pretty funny and wish everyone in Australia would stop being so sensitive!

I thought it was a light joke and funny as well.

Some would have him hung and deported if they could.

$10,000 fineblink.png

And to top it off,his headlines for a ch 7 interview were he stormed out,when he casually strolled off.laugh.png

Media is banging on about this in Australia. I thought it was pretty funny and wish everyone in Australia would stop being so sensitive!

$10,000 fineblink.png

And to top it off,his headlines for a ch 7 interview were he stormed out,when he casually strolled off.laugh.png

Seems like Gayle has a history of being a knob.

Chris Gayle's inappropriate Mel McLaughlin interview no one-off, says Chris Rogers.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/chris-gayles-inappropriate-mel-mclaughlin-interview-no-oneoff-says-chris-rogers-20160105-glzgta.html#ixzz3wQAr7egv

$10,000 fineblink.png

Chris Gayle's inappropriate Mel McLaughlin interview no one-off, says Chris Rogers.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/chris-gayles-inappropriate-mel-mclaughlin-interview-no-oneoff-says-chris-rogers-20160105-glzgta.html#ixzz3wQAr7egv

Maybe I should've said a history of showing his knobrolleyes.gif

Chris Gayle exposed himself to me: woman

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/chris-gayle-exposed-himself-to-me-woman-20160105-glzrkp.html

$10,000 fineblink.png

Maybe I should've said a history of showing his knobrolleyes.gif

Chris Gayle exposed himself to me: woman

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/chris-gayle-exposed-himself-to-me-woman-20160105-glzrkp.html

He puts bums on seats and like any other sporting associations Cricket Australia would screen its players.

So it's not as if they didn't know this history.

News,news,news,read all about it.Sellout crowd at Etihad to boo Gayle.tongue.png .

SA declared at 627 for 7. A great innings by Bavuma. 107 not out. A short man with a big talent. It was a pleasure to watch him bat.

^^ really? Irrespective of loyalties i prefer seeing teams and players playing/batting to win , not going for the draw.

Anyone who watched or, like me, listened to his 100 will know that he was not playing for a draw but to get as close as possible to England's score so Amla could declare before the end of the day.

Temba Bavuma hundred for South Africa transcended cricket

He batted absolutely brilliantly and was a breath of fresh air. He attacked when England had taken three wickets in 20 minutes and had a real chance of putting South Africa under pressure.

England led by 180 and only needed four more wickets, but the way Bavuma counter-attacked was inspired.

An inspired declaration from Amla.

South Africa didn't manage to get a wicket last night; but four fell this morning! England 87 for 4 at lunch.

The conditions have changed, gone is the clear sky and hot sunshine replaced by cloud cover and the wind direction has changed to what South African's call a 'swinging wind.'

Love to see what Anderson could do in these conditions.

The draw is still the most likely result; but South Africa have given England a bloody nose and whatever the result have scored a moral victory here.

SA declared at 627 for 7. A great innings by Bavuma. 107 not out. A short man with a big talent. It was a pleasure to watch him bat.

Anyone who watched or, like me, listened to his 100 will know that he was not playing for a draw but to get as close as possible to England's score so Amla could declare before the end of the day.

Temba Bavuma hundred for South Africa transcended cricket

He batted absolutely brilliantly and was a breath of fresh air. He attacked when England had taken three wickets in 20 minutes and had a real chance of putting South Africa under pressure.

England led by 180 and only needed four more wickets, but the way Bavuma counter-attacked was inspired.

Yes I totally agree with your comment. His runs of 102 not 107 as I first stated came off 148 balls.

Trying to explain to people that don't follow or understand cricket especially 5 day test matches that after the 5 days it is a draw and no one won is like trying to explain how women work.

But this test match has for all its worth as said by the commentator earlier been very enjoyable indeed with some excellent individual performances and some great batting and bowling from both teams.

Let's hope the remaining two tests prove to be as good.

Enggggggerland Engggggggerland.

Edited by stoneyboy

With the big bash,aus v wi and england v sa,my son comes home from school and goes....cricket again dad.smile.png

Yes unfortunately the Aussie big bash games clash with the England test so they have been somewhat neglected over the last few days