Cricket International Series & General Chat

An inspired declaration from Amla.

South Africa didn't manage to get a wicket last night; but four fell this morning! England 87 for 4 at lunch.

The conditions have changed, gone is the clear sky and hot sunshine replaced by cloud cover and the wind direction has changed to what South African's call a 'swinging wind.'

Love to see what Anderson could do in these conditions.

The draw is still the most likely result; but South Africa have given England a bloody nose and whatever the result have scored a moral victory here.

Yep a Slight change in conditions and its a whole different game that's the beauty with test cricket ., but so far what ever s/a have offered. England have matched and improved. Even piss poor fielding:D.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3rd exhibition match of Australia v West Indies and the series limped to its conclusion yesterday.

The only highlight of the day was David Warner hitting the fastest test century ever at the SCG. 82 balls.

Spinner Steve O'Keefe took 3/63 in his second test.

Man of the series was Adam Voges

Top 5 wicket takers were all Australian. Top West indies bowler had 5 wickets for the series. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=10227;type=series

Warner blasts 82-ball ton in inevitable draw

After two days of constant rain in Sydney, David Warner produced a torrent of runs on the fifth day to entertain the faithful with the quickest Test century ever recorded at the SCG. A draw was the inevitable result of a Test in which only 150.1 overs were bowled due to wet weather, but Warner's 82-ball hundred at least ensured there was good reason to watch the final day's play.

Cricket Australia had thrown open the gates and declared free entry, and the local fans hoped they would see the Australians bat early in the day. Only 68 balls had been possible on day two, and days three and four had been completely washed out, meaning that the only chance of a result would have been if the captains agreed to double-declarations on the final day, but that was not to be.

West Indies began the morning at 7 for 248 and batted on, Denesh Ramdin completing a second consecutive Test half-century before they were dismissed for 330 on the stroke of lunch. And so, Australia's first innings of the Test began after lunch on day five, with Warner and Joe Burns hoping to get whatever they could out of the day's batting; another century opening stand was a good result.

Burns played the support role while Warner plundered boundaries; he took 16 off one Jomel Warrican over that featured the only two sixes of the innings. The first of those sixes, slapped over midwicket, brought Warner his half-century from 42 deliveries, and he kept his brisk run-rate up as the session wore on. The partnership ended at 100 when Burns lofted a catch to mid-on off Warrican on 26.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-west-indies-2015-16/content/story/958965.html

News headlines.

Peter Nevill runout by a nose.

In the Big Bash Bravo steps down the wicket and smashes the ball. The ball hits Nevill's bat and flies into Zampa's nose ( the bowler). The ball then hits the stumps. Nevill is run out and the bowler is collapsed on the pitch.

Good news he recovered to to complete the over and get another wicket in the same over.

Good chase by the aussies,not good for the fielding teams but i guess if you can go to a 50 over game and see 600 plus runs scored it's a good day out.

I was tearing my hair out,we must have let them have 50 runs to 3rd man but in the end it was about what they thought they could chase and we did it.smile.png

Good chase by the aussies,not good for the fielding teams but i guess if you can go to a 50 over game and see 600 plus runs scored it's a good day out.

I was tearing my hair out,we must have let them have 50 runs to 3rd man but in the end it was about what they thought they could chase and we did it.smile.png

Steve SMith had a good innings, but not sure he deserved man of the match over Sharma

Another DRS that could have given India the match...George Bailey on 0... oh, if only they would accept the system cheesy.gif

Edited by BookMan

Unless we're playing the Poms or it's a WC, I just can't get into 50 over cricket anymore.

Watched the last 10 overs of the game and it seemed like a bad T20 game.

Overs 11 to 39 just seem like fillers now.

Unless the format is radically changed (35 overs?), I can't see it surviving.

Never thought I'd see the day when I would rather see the Scorchers T20

rather than Australia play an ODI.

Still good to see the boys get the choccies thuough.

Unless we're playing the Poms or it's a WC, I just can't get into 50 over cricket anymore.

Watched the last 10 overs of the game and it seemed like a bad T20 game.

Overs 11 to 39 just seem like fillers now.

Unless the format is radically changed (35 overs?), I can't see it surviving.

Never thought I'd see the day when I would rather see the Scorchers T20

rather than Australia play an ODI.

Still good to see the boys get the choccies thuough.

The run rate just became a tip and run scenario with a few boundary shots.

Not much of a crowd either

Khawaja in, Warner out on paternity leave

Usman Khawaja has been drafted into the Australian squad for the second and third ODIs against India as cover for David Warner, who goes on paternity leave. Warner and his wife Candice are expecting their second child very soon.

Warner had said the baby was due towards the end of January during a media interaction after the Sydney Test against West Indies. "I'm just looking forward to playing the first couple of one-dayers first and obviously I'll be by the phone to wait for that phone call."

Now that it's arrived Australia have swapped one in-form left-handed opener for another. Khawaja has been stunning over the last few months in competitive cricket. Four of his last seven innings in Test and Big Bash League cricket have been hundreds. He hit them back-to-back against New Zealand in Brisbane and Perth, but missed out on the Day-Night Test in Adelaide with a hamstring injury. A century in the BBL on his return proved there was no lingering discomfort and then plundered 144 and 56 in the Melbourne Test against West Indies a few days later.

"Usman has been in fantastic form this season and was unlucky to miss out on a place in our squad for the ODI Series in the first place," national selector Rod Marsh said. "This call-up is a reward for that form and it is great to have someone of his quality to step into the squad in David's absence. We wish both David and Candice well and look forward to welcoming David back into the squad when circumstances allow."

Khawaja will join the Australian side in Brisbane, where the second ODI takes place on January 15. He will not be available for Sydney Thunder duty during this time.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2015-16/content/story/961649.html

Australia v India: Indian captain MS Dhoni hints at DRS conspiracy

MS Dhoni has hinted at a DRS conspiracy against the touring Indians, saying 50-50 decisions do not go in his team's favour in the wake of centurion George Bailey being given not out first ball.

With Australia struggling at 2-21, Bailey glanced a ball to the leg-side which was caught by Dhoni. There was half an appeal and umpire Richard Kettleborough was unmoved.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-v-india-indian-captain-ms-dhoni-hints-at-drs-conspiracy-20160112-gm4ixu.html#ixzz3x5fwtDCe
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Sri Lankan cricketers accused of 'scandalous behaviour' on New Zealand tour

Sri Lanka's players had every reason to hang their heads in shame with their performances against the Black Caps - and now their New Zealand tour has drawn controversy at home.

The country's sports minister has promised an investigation into the national cricket team, accusing them of late night drinking and "scandalous behaviour" on their recent tour.

Dayasiri Jayasekera told AFP he had received photos of players attending all-night parties before matches against the Black Caps.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/sri-lankan-cricketers-accused-of-scandalous-behaviour-on-new-zealand-tour-20160113-gm4qi7.html#ixzz3x5g7gwtR
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Now there's a first. Young well off sportsman out on the lash,, f me ide almost be surprised if they wernt, only disapointment is that they were stupid enuf to get caught :P

SA 227-7,good bowling by England, ball seems to be doing a lot .

England have yet to bat ,will know more this time tomorrow , AB DV's first 5 day test captaincy, could be an interesting day ,and I must put up that cattle fence tomorrow ,dam it .

Ending the day at 267 4 7 a touch disappointing? given we were 220 ish 4 7 .

hyighest t

SA 227-7,good bowling by England, ball seems to be doing a lot .

England have yet to bat ,will know more this time tomorrow , AB DV's first 5 day test captaincy, could be an interesting day ,and I must put up that cattle fence tomorrow ,dam it .

Ending the day at 267 4 7 a touch disappointing? given we were 220 ish 4 7 .

SA out for 313,tail end did well ,on the TMS ,they are say a thunderstorm is on the way ,ball could swing ,313 could well be a good score.

England batting.

All 11 South Africans reached double figures; only the 13th time it's ever happened in a test cricket innings.

But 313 is the lowest ever score when this has happened.

Bairstow equalled the record of 6 catches in an innings at The Wanderers and missed equalling the world record of 7 when he dropped Morkel

Anderson removed from the attack by umpire Aleem Dar this morning when he received his third warning for running on the pitch. Stokes came on to finish the over and with his first ball finished the South African innings.

Viljoen became only the second person ever to score a four from his first ball received in test cricket and take a wicket with his first ball bowled in test cricket. The only time it's happened before was Henderson for New Zealand against England at Christchurch in 1930.

Edited by 7by7

27 for 2 at lunch, then 91 for 4: England were in trouble.

Then the Root and Stokes show began.

162 for 4 at tea; Root 60, Stokes 38.

Honours even, perhaps, for the afternoon. If Root and Stokes can carry on in this way after tea then it will be England's day.