Cricket International Series & General Chat

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris Galye just hit the equal fastest fifty in world t20 cricket.

Let's see how he's perceived in the media tomorrow.biggrin.png

By the wave of his bat on depature he might not be coming back.sad.png

Refused a boundary interview also

7 x sixes in his way to 50

50 off 12 balls

Couple of those other guys should have rotate strike to him rather than going the tonk themselves and getting out

Broad again showing he is by a mile the best bowler in the world today.....but I'm sure the Aussies will tell us 'The Rug' is better......coffee1.gif

His spell yesterday reminded me of Courtney Walsh in his pomp.

Looks like Finn will miss the last test so one hopes the selectors will give Footitt a run out.

The ICC agree with you.

Stuart Broad: England bowler tops ICC rankings for the first time

England have the makings of a great team; if they can solve two problems:

• consistency, in all conditions against all attacks.
  • who to open with Cook.

Hales' scores so far in the series: 10, 26, 60, 5, 1, 18. His 60 in the first innings at Cape Town shows he is capable of doing the job, but that one innings accounts for half his 119 runs scored in 6 innings so far in the series.

Every batsman, no matter how good, can get out to a good ball for a low score, but Hales has a habit of getting in and then getting out to a stupid shot off a bad ball; as his dismissal on Saturday showed. Lbw attempting to sweep part time bowler Elgar when England were just 10 short of victory with plenty of time to spare.

But who would replace him?

Chris Galye just hit the equal fastest fifty in world t20 cricket.

Let's see how he's perceived in the media tomorrow.biggrin.png

By the wave of his bat on depature he might not be coming back.sad.png

Refused a boundary interview also

7 x sixes in his way to 50

50 off 12 balls

Couple of those other guys should have rotate strike to him rather than going the tonk themselves and getting out

Terrible by White and Bravo and Beaton..

But good in a way as Travis Head is in the T20 squad,so to do nothing with the bat then contribute with the ball was good for all Aussies going forward.

Oh boy! 4th ODI

Australia made 349

India look like they are going to chase down the target at 1/200 off about 25 overs

3 4 quick wickets to the Aussies.

India now 5/286.

Geoff Lawson writes a good article on why the balance is too much in the batsmens favour in ODI's.

Rookie Australian duo Scott Boland and Joel Paris on a hiding to nothing in a world where willow is king

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/rookie-australian-duo-scott-boland-and-joel-paris-on-a-hiding-to-nothing-in-a-world-where-willow-is-king-20160116-gm78pf.html#ixzz3xmN4dEL4

Regardless of the result, I'm with Henry on this one.

Boring as bat poo.

** Edit: India in big trouble now 6/297.

Edited by Will27

Chris Gayle has left a rant on social media about his haters

Have a read

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-20/chris-gayle-whacks-haters-in-social-media-rant/7100360

I think Gayle would be better off letting his bat do the talkingrolleyes.gif

Exactly what he did.Good on him,people with no backbones these days coming out after the horse has bolted.

Now my question is why would you have penthouse centrefold material interviewing players other for than for there looks and ratings.(surely not for her male cricket ability and understanding of the game.)

Leave the women to the ladies league and there would be no problem.Easily solved.

Chris Gayle is the best thing to ever have happened to the Big Bash League! I'm not sure who Stephen Quartermain is, and really don't care, but to say Chris Gayle isn't welcome back into Australia is ridiculous! What an absolute smoker!

I really can't believe the Australian media has made such a big deal about the interview he had with Mel.

Maybe we need a similar boycott campaign to what is currently happening with the Oscars?

Usman Khawaja carved up Adelaide tonight

he is just getting better and better and better in test cricket and t20.

106ish off about 54 balls tonight

Difficult to believe he can't get a t50 game

I didn't rate him that highly a couple of years back, but he has certainly proved me wrong

I didn't rate him that highly a couple of years back, but he has certainly proved me wrong

He's certainly matured,

Told ya to get on Thunder.smile.png

Your a chance unless you meet the Scorchers in the final.

I'm with you on this one BM.

Cannot believe the improvement in him.

I reckon he's the best batsmen in Australia at the minute.

Probably booked a spot in the T20 WC squad.

Very lucky for Sydney that Khawaja was released from the ODI

squad for this game. What with Mark Waugh being a selectorwhistling.gif

Pity Shaun Marsh wasn't released for the Scorchers.

I'm with you on this one BM.

Cannot believe the improvement in him.

I reckon he's the best batsmen in Australia at the minute.

Probably booked a spot in the T20 WC squad.

Very lucky for Sydney that Khawaja was released from the ODI

squad for this game. What with Mark Waugh being a selectorwhistling.gif

Pity Shaun Marsh wasn't released for the Scorchers.

Yeah, that point wasn't lost on me either

Haven't seen it mentioned much , yet...

Certainly could raise some questions into the future.

Was out golfing yesty so missed the 1st innings of the Scorchers,when i saw the graph and we were 2 for not many it must have put a lot of pressure on the guys coming in late.Klinger was never the same after Voges came back into the team.

But well done to the Stars and looks like being a ripper final against the Thunder.

Couple of centuries to Cook and Hamla in SA V ENG game then the wickets started to fall,not sure what it was at the end of play.

Was out golfing yesty so missed the 1st innings of the Scorchers,when i saw the graph and we were 2 for not many it must have put a lot of pressure on the guys coming in late.Klinger was never the same after Voges came back into the team.

But well done to the Stars and looks like being a ripper final against the Thunder.

Couple of centuries to Cook and Hamla in SA V ENG game then the wickets started to fall,not sure what it was at the end of play.

South Africa shook off a week of introspection by taking two centuries off a flaccid England attack in a satisfying opening to the final Test in Centurion. Hashim Amla found his innings so untaxing that he might have made it in his sleep; Stephen Cookmust have imagined every step of his so vividly that there would have been times when sleep was hard to find.

The series has been lost, South Africa are about to relinquish their No. 1 Test ranking to India, and five changes from the side that lost in Johannesburg told of the uncertainty afflicting their cricket, but by closing at 329 for 5 they hold the upper hand here.

For Amla, a 25th Test hundred was an unburdening after a sequence of low scores which contributed to him conceding the captaincy. For Cook, the unburdening came with opportunity, a Test debut at 33, one he grasped so desirously that he became the 100th batsman to make a century on Test debut. Two - Lawrence Rowe and Yasir Hameed - even had the audacity to do it twice in the match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-england-2015-16/content/story/964339.html

Australia eye win No. 19, and clean sweep

The first three matches in this one-day series were remarkably similar but in Canberra, Australia found a new way to win. Or India found a new way to lose. It wasn't exactly clear which. Chasing for the first time in the series, India were well on track for their first victory at 1 for 277 in the 38th over, needing 349. A remarkable collapse was required to lose from there. And they got one. Nine wickets for 46 in less than 13 overs. Not since Malcolm Turnbull ousted Tony Abbott last year has the weight of numbers in Canberra changed sides so rapidly.

Now the challenge for India is to lift themselves up after such a demoralising defeat. They are 4-0 down and in serious danger of being whitewashed, clean-swept, whatever you want to call it. Their first bilateral one-day series in Australia might end in unilateral disarmament of India's attack. For that is what has cost them dearest throughout the series, the inability to restrict Australia on good batting surfaces. Five of Australia's bowlers have economy rates under six in this series; only two of India's have. Perhaps the SCG will offer more spin - at least that would be a different way to end the series.

• India will drop from No. 2 to No. 3 on the ODI rankings if they lose this match
  • Virat Kohli has scored at such a consistent tempo through this series that his strike-rate is exactly 100 - he is on top of the series run tally with 373 runs from 373 deliveries
  • Aaron Finch and Steven Smith both reached 2000 ODI runs in the Canberra game, Finch the equal third-fastest Australian to the milestone and Smith the equal sixth-fastest
  • Australia have now won 18 consecutive ODIs at home, last losing to South Africa in Perth in November 2014

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2015-16/content/story/964245.html

Edited by BookMan

The Scorchers have been skinny in the batting all year.

Shaun Marsh was a loss we didn't really recover from.

Klinger has lost form since Marsh departed as well I think.

We really need a few new batsmen.

Don't think Carberry is the answer and the jury still out on Harris.

I hope Sydney get the choccies for Mike Hussey in his last game in Oz.

Will be real happy if Shaun Marsh is carrying the drinks todayfacepalm.gif

Edit: Also thought the game would've been better at Etihad.

A bigger crowd and better atmosphere I think.

Edited by Will27

Despite losing 4 wickets for 36 after tea yesterday; South Africa won the day with earlier centuries from debutante Cook (115) and Amla (109)finishing the day on 329 or 5.

Cook becoming the 100th man to score a century on his debut; and doing it at Centurion!

Both men played well, but both were dropped early on. Cook on 47 and Amla on 5.

Also, apart from Broad, the English bowlers performed well below standard in the first two sessions. Especially Anderson in conditions which should have suited him perfectly.

Not to take anything away from Cook and Amla; both of whom were superb.

South Africa v England: Hashim Amla & Stephen Cook make tons

South Africa finally bowled out about 40 mins before tea for 475.

Cook 115, Amla 109, de Kock 129 n.o.

Bavuma, 35, was the only other South African to score above 20.

All three centurions were dropped at least once.

England's fielders, notably Taylor, have pulled off some superb catches this series, but they must be more consistent and take a higher percentage of chances than they currently are.

It may be a cliché, but it's true; catches win matches.

While I was typing that, Hales out yet again to a ridiculous, unnecessary shot: c Piedt, b Rabada 15.

Michael Vaughan on TMS

This is a terrible dismissal on this kind of surface. He just leans back and skews it to backward point. You don't get many pitches like this with the ball coming on nicely, blue skies and a fast outfield. He has just gifted an opportunity and it is another one to put in the list of failures.

Edited by 7by7

Should be a good. days cricket, and an interesting one , Captain Cook looks set in ,Jo Root ,could well do the same ,problem will be the odd low ball ,Cook got a low one last night but managed to dig it out , bowlers not getting that much movement ,if one dose move it could well be a out side edge .........., unless it changes to day ,there are some immanent thunder showers, forecasted .

As some one on TMS said team batting last could have some problems .

Sydney Thunder win the Big Bash. Well done. The first 4 seasons the ran last or 2nd last. From last to first.

They also won the Women's Big Bash.

Go the Thunder

Yes I caught the end as the England test is rain delayed,the whole series has been action back from start to finish,maybe I will take more interest next time,the trouble is many of these games clash.

There's so much cricket and variations now it's hard to keep up.