Cricket International Series & General Chat

Think it's time to see boundaries back as the fence.(put some padding around the bottom to protect players)

It's hard enough for bowling teams on flat tracks produced these days.In SA last night they had the boundary,a space,a boundary of advertising,a space then the real boundary.

Some would say a lot of the sixes cleared the boundary easy,and they did but if the fielder is 15 metres further back it will make the batsman think more.

To flick the ball 63 metres for six is a joke for mens cricket.

We all like to see runs scored for the entertainment side but i wouldn't like to be born into the world as a bowler,talk about being on a hiding to nothing.

Maybe it's also time to do away with field restrictions.Any thoughtstongue.png

I'm with you mate.

I know people wants runs and sixes, but if it gets anymore in favour of the batsmen, we might as well

set up a bowling machine at the other end.

Top edges that go for 6 are ok off express bowlers, but not of medium pacers.

The huge bats, lightening outfields, flat tracks, an inch down legside and it's a wide,

field restrictions etc etc..

Yesterdays ODI between SA & England says it all.

I still like to see a battle, even though it's a batsmans game.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cricketer Piepa Cleary banned for six months for betting $15.50 on Australia v New Zealand Test

A series of bets totalling $15.50 on this summer's Adelaide Test has landed a second Australian women's player in hot water, banned for six months for a breach of Cricket Australia's anti-corruption code.

Piepa Cleary, a 19-year-old who is on CA's Shooting Stars contract list for up-and-coming players and featured in the Women's Big Bash League with Perth Scorchers, placed six bets on the third men's Test between Australia and New Zealand at Adelaide Oval last November.

A CA statement released on Thursday said she had admitted the charge and would be banned for 24 months, of which 18 months are suspended.

It follows the sanctioning of ACT and Sydney Sixers player Angela Reakes who received a two-year sentence, fully suspended, for $9 of bets on last year's men's World Cup final between Australia and New Zealand at the MCG.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricketer-piepa-cleary-banned-for-six-months-for-betting-1550-on-australia-v-new-zealand-test-20160204-gmlkqd.html#ixzz3zASKQOhJ
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Think it's time to see boundaries back as the fence.(put some padding around the bottom to protect players)

It's hard enough for bowling teams on flat tracks produced these days.In SA last night they had the boundary,a space,a boundary of advertising,a space then the real boundary.

Some would say a lot of the sixes cleared the boundary easy,and they did but if the fielder is 15 metres further back it will make the batsman think more.

To flick the ball 63 metres for six is a joke for mens cricket.

We all like to see runs scored for the entertainment side but i wouldn't like to be born into the world as a bowler,talk about being on a hiding to nothing.

Maybe it's also time to do away with field restrictions.Any thoughtstongue.png

I'm with you mate.

I know people wants runs and sixes, but if it gets anymore in favour of the batsmen, we might as well

set up a bowling machine at the other end.

Top edges that go for 6 are ok off express bowlers, but not of medium pacers.

The huge bats, lightening outfields, flat tracks, an inch down legside and it's a wide,

field restrictions etc etc..

Yesterdays ODI between SA & England says it all.

I still like to see a battle, even though it's a batsmans game.

I see it as part of the evolution of the T20 & T50 game

Talking just about T50 and T20, they are totally different games than test Match Cricket, yet it seems that it is only since the IPL and recent years of T20 that thinking has developed that T20 and T50 should be played differently, with different fields and rules

In the recent past the same team a country fielded for its Test matches would be fielded for its T50 games, not recognizing that some batsmen and bowlers were not suited to the style of the games.

(Australia still seems confused about T20 and who it should pick... Look no further than the recent inclusion of Nathan Lyon in the team. Will27 pointed out the Aussies were ranked #1 in T50 & #8 in T20. )

Bowlers will adapt and the type of bowler considered valuable as well as the expectations as to RPO and Wickets taken will adjust and settle over time.

It is even likely that at some stage a synthetic pitch will be developed that will be able to be used across the world

Test match cricket... well that's entirely different

it's easy to forget just how much money there is in T20.

Shane Watson, Usman Khawaja head the 37 Australians to feature in IPL auction

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/shane-watson-usman-khawaja-head-the-37-australians-to-feature-in-ipl-auction-20160205-gmmy0f.html#ixzz3zLPBFBBS

Out of this list, I imagine Khawaja will get a lot more than his minimum of $208 000.

I'm not real sure Cameron White is doing himself any favours at $312 000.

Will be interesting.

A pretty good article by Deano.

Australia v NZ Test series: Will the Australians find their way?

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-v-nz-test-series-will-the-australians-find-their-way-20160203-gml4q2.html#ixzz3zLRuHmPc

Shane Watson has 1.98 million reasons to smile after he was bought for that amount by Royal Challengers Bangalore in today's Indian Premier League player auction.

Watson was sold to RCB for 9.5 Crore (AUD$1.98million), joining compatriot Mitchell Starc and explosive batsmen Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli in what is set to be one of the world's most powerful batting line-ups.

Mitchell Marsh also pocketed six figures, sold for a cool $1 million to new franchise Rising Pune Supergiants, while fellow allrounder John Hastings was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders for $271,000.

Australian limited-overs stalwarts Aaron Finch and George Bailey went unsold, as did Sydney Thunder pair Michael Hussey and Usman Khawaja,

Brad Haddin, Ben Dunk, Cameron Bancroft and Kane Richardson also went unsold.

Well that was an interesting game in many ways.

I like the way kawaja and Warner started off and certainly kawaja look pretty good.

Pretty amazing that none of the teams in the Indian Premier League pick him up for what was a bargin rate.

Though I have heard some of the Indian team don't like kawaja maybe because he is originally from Pakistan? I don't know.

I am not sure what we are going to do about the Big Show. Once again this was our opportunity for Glenn Maxwell to show that he can be restrained when it counts and when Australia needs him to be but instead he goes for the big shot.

Bangalore

Australians: Mitchell Starc, Shane Watson

Delhi

Australians: Nathan Coulter-Nile

Rajkot

Australians: James Faulkner

Hyderabad

Australians: Moises Henriques, David Warner

Kolkata

Australians: Brad Hogg, Chris Lynn

Mumbai

Australians: None

Pune

Australians: Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh

Punjab

Australians: Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis

England beat South Africa in Port Elizabeth for 2-0 ODI series lead

Good to see AB back on form, his 73 top scoring for the South Africans.

Alex Hales again showing his class in the one day game; becoming the first man to be dismissed on 99 in both a T20 and an ODI.

I just hope that his ODI performance doesn't mean he'll be given another chance to open in tests. Nothing against the man; but he is not a test opener.

He may have scored 156 in two ODI knocks so far in this series, but totalled just a measly 136 in his 8 innings in the tests!

Another disappointing loss.

Going into the series, I was worried about our bowling attack.

The bowlers have done pretty well though.

The Aussies just got nothing from the middle order.

Maxwell, Smith, Bailey and Wade were poor.

On the upside, Marsh was probably our player of the series.

Hastings seems to have stepped up and Zampa was good.

Will be interesting to see if M Marsh will be left out of the T20 WC

squad which is announced today.

Before this series, I'd say for sure. Now I think he shoud be a monty to be picked.

** T20 WC squad announced.

MM named and Wade dropped.

Coulter-Nile a surprise.

Squad: Steve Smith ©, David Warner (vc), Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood,

James Faulkner, Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Andrew Tye, Shane Watson, Adam Zampa.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/icc-world-t20-2016-matthew-wade-dumped-from-australias-squad-for-india-world-cup-bid-20160208-gmovza.html#ixzz3zdO2aZKv

Shane Warne hits out at Steve Waugh, 'the most selfish cricketer I've played with'

Spin king Shane Warne has launched a stinging verbal attack on his former captain Steve Waugh, labelling him "the most selfish cricketer I've played with".

Speaking on Channel Ten's TV show I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, in the episode that will air on Tuesday night, Warne highlighted his own axing on the 1999 tour of the West Indies as the main reason for his disdain for Waugh.

After three Tests of the four-match series, Warne had taken just two wickets at an average of 134 while tweaking counterpart Stuart MacGill snared seven at 31.43.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/shane-warne-hits-out-at-steve-waugh-the-most-selfish-cricketer-ive-played-with-20160209-gmpaj1.html#ixzz3zdiDyzx0

Before this series, I'd say for sure. Now I think he shoud be a monty to be picked.

Coulter-Nile a surprise.

Squad: Steve Smith ©, David Warner (vc), Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood,

James Faulkner, Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Andrew Tye, Shane Watson, Adam Zampa.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/icc-world-t20-2016-matthew-wade-dumped-from-australias-squad-for-india-world-cup-bid-20160208-gmovza.html#ixzz3zdO2aZKv

Maxwell is looking questionable for the T50 games i reckon... There are times he needs to bat sensibly. T20 i'd keep him

Mitch Marsh I would keep for the T20 games. Even without the family connections he is worth having

Shane Warne hits out at Steve Waugh, 'the most selfish cricketer I've played with'

Spin king Shane Warne has launched a stinging verbal attack on his former captain Steve Waugh, labelling him "the most selfish cricketer I've played with".

Speaking on Channel Ten's TV show I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, in the episode that will air on Tuesday night, Warne highlighted his own axing on the 1999 tour of the West Indies as the main reason for his disdain for Waugh.

After three Tests of the four-match series, Warne had taken just two wickets at an average of 134 while tweaking counterpart Stuart MacGill snared seven at 31.43.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/shane-warne-hits-out-at-steve-waugh-the-most-selfish-cricketer-ive-played-with-20160209-gmpaj1.html#ixzz3zdiDyzx0

Jeez

Let it go Warnie!

Coulter-Nile a surprise.

Maxwell is looking questionable for the T50 games i reckon... There are times he needs to bat sensibly. T20 i'd keep him

Mitch Marsh I would keep for the T20 games. Even without the family connections he is worth having

facepalm.gif

Coulter-Nile a surprise.

Geez mate I am a bit disappointed that the selectors left out Nathan Lyon

Indeed.

With South Africa needing a record ODI run chase to win at Centurion, it seemed like England had done enough with their 317.

But with their first wicket stand of 239 de Kock and Amla took the game away from them.

I'm English, but I genuinely hoped that they would both be there at the end; alas, that was not to be.

South Africa v England: De Kock and Amla make superb hundreds

The Aussie side for tomorrows test has been named.

Jackson Bird for Pattinson as the selectors still worried about his fitness.

Take away Siddle and it's a real inexperienced pace attack.

Lucky we have Lyonrolleyes.gif

I'd like to see Nevill bat before Marsh at this stage of their careers.

Any movent off the deck or in the air and huge questions marks over Burns and Voges methinks.

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Joe Burns, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith (capt), 5 Adam Voges, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Peter Nevill (wk),

8 Peter Siddle, 9 Josh Hazlewood, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Jackson Bird.

The Aussie side for tomorrows test has been named.

Jackson Bird for Pattinson as the selectors still worried about his fitness.

Take away Siddle and it's a real inexperienced pace attack.

Lucky we have Lyonrolleyes.gif

I'd like to see Nevill bat before Marsh at this stage of their careers.

Any movent off the deck or in the air and huge questions marks over Burns and Voges methinks.

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Joe Burns, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith (capt), 5 Adam Voges, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Peter Nevill (wk),

8 Peter Siddle, 9 Josh Hazlewood, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Jackson Bird.

I am interested how Smith handles a swinging ball this test

Check out this photo. Nathan Lyon getting ready to go back to his old job as groundskeeper.

post-147205-0-92302800-1455170037_thumb.