Cricket International Series & General Chat

A general post for anyone.

I'm in Bangkok at the moment and I have found Starsports in India to have the best range of video highlights.

Better than Skysports and Foxsports.

I agree with that. I've been using them for their hightlights package as well.

If I wasn't subscribed to ilikehd, I would sign up with them.

How is the Star Sports package for reliability? Sounds pretty good from the comments. I planned to get it for the World Cup but got sucked in with the quantity of channels of 'I like HD'. I only really got it to watch the WC & every time I try to use Sky Sports 2 to watch a cricket match there are always buffering & offline problems. No way I can comfortably watch a full match without multiple disruptions. Very disappointing & annoying!!

I'm in bkk at the moment and I am using their free highlights video from their main world page.

For me they are the best of the main broadcasters. The videos appear almost as a wicket falls. 4 and half minute first innings highlights appears just after the close of the innings.

I havent had any videos stop or any lag time really and I am on a shared wi fi in the apartment building.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After being hammered by South Africa early in the week (what a surprise) Ireland rode their luck again to beat Zimbabwe by 5 runs. Another win would get qualify us out of the group but last 2 games are against Pakistan and India ...gulp.

Irrespective of the outcome it has been a terrific effort from our guys beating 2 test playing nations even if they have shredded our nerves on a few occasions.?

Ireland have excelled, and shown why this format of the World Cup is so good. Even if Ireland don't qualify, their performance will have an impact on who does...

If Scotland was not at the World Cup I'd not have bothered taking any notice, and I'd not have followed the excitement of the Aus - NZ game, or been interested in Afghanistan's performance.*

It seems like the Test Nations realised the risk that they were at, when they decided that next year's tournament should exclude the rest of the world. Perhaps they could call it the World Series, instead of the World Cup...

* To be honest, the only reason I am interested in cricket is because we qualified for the World Cup, otherwise I would ignore it, same as I do soccer, now...

Bangladesh beat England by 15 runs. The Poms catch the plane home. It is so sad.cheesy.gif

Can't catch the plane home, yet (unfortunately).

They managed to beat the Scots, but have still got to wait a week to see if they can also beat Afghanistan!

Bangladesh beat England by 15 runs. The Poms catch the plane home. It is so sad.cheesy.gif

Can't catch the plane home, yet (unfortunately).

They managed to beat the Scots, but have still got to wait a week to see if they can also beat Afghanistan!

They will catch the plane before the quarter finals start.

• 3 weeks later...

Australia will play New Zealand in the cricket world cup ODI final on Sunday at the MCC.

NZ beat South Africa on Tuesday with a 6 off the 2nd last ball of the match. Australia beat India by 95 runs today.

Good luck to both teams on making the final but go Australia.

I found this World Cup similar to the Rugby League World Cup -fascinating in the Group stages, some tremendous competitions, and I think Ireland May have influenced the progression from their group .... But the ICC are right - no-one actually cares who wins, except maybe for the Australians and the Indians, and maybe the English. If the ICC want to grow the game, they need to make theWorld Cup more accessible, make games like Scotland - Afghanistan more important... The Rugby League World Cup showed how this could be done. It appears the the ICC don't care about growing the game, which I find sad. Still, there's always curling

SC

I wonder if NZ can be as destructive as they've been on their postage stamp size grounds

as the MCG. In some cases, 45 meter boundaries. At the G, a lot of those shots will be getting

caught 3 quarters of the way to the boundary.

If we can get rid of McCullum early, I think we may get the chocolates.

Looking forward to it.

Congrats to the boys for winning the cricket world cup (again).

Now bring on the Ashes.

It was a great win for the boys. It was pleasing to see Smith hit the winning run as he has had a great year. I was also impressed with McCullum who ran to congratulate Clarke on his retirement after he was dismissed.

Congrats to the boys for winning the cricket world cup (again).

Now bring on the Ashes.

It was a great win for the boys. It was pleasing to see Smith hit the winning run as he has had a great year. I was also impressed with McCullum who ran to congratulate Clarke on his retirement after he was dismissed.

It was a good win by Australia. Excellent bowling. I was hoping McCullum was going to get some runs and it would be a 280+ run contest. Not to be, but good win nevertheless.

Australian team for the Ashes tour announced. A few new faces

Adam Voges (age 35)

Fawad Ahmed (age 33...ex pakistani spinner nw an Aussie

Peter Nevill (wicket keeper understudy)

If Voges debuts, it will make him the second oldest debutant batsman in test history!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/adam-voges-fawad-ahmed-in-test-squad-for-west-indies-ashes-20150331-1mblss.html

Australian team for the Ashes tour announced. A few new faces

Adam Voges (age 35)

Fawad Ahmed (age 33...ex pakistani spinner nw an Aussie

Peter Nevill (wicket keeper understudy)

If Voges debuts, it will make him the second oldest debutant batsman in test history!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/adam-voges-fawad-ahmed-in-test-squad-for-west-indies-ashes-20150331-1mblss.html

Good to see the WA skipper get a gig.

It also shows a real lack of depth in our batting and spinning stocks as well.

We've got plenty of fast bowlers and they're the guys who usually win you games.

The batting stocks are a real concern though.

• 1 month later...

It's taken 2 years, but Alistair Cook has finally scored another test century on the first day of the third test in Barbados.

He survived an appeal on 22 when the TV umpire decided that a catch wasn't taken cleanly, and he also ran out Moeen Ali (58) on the way!

Unfortunately, after batting all day while wickets fell around him, having reached the milestone he seemed to lose concentration and was out for 105 to a silly shot in the final over of the day.

His performance in the first test was poor, but his 76 and 58 n.o. in the second and now this century hopefully show a welcome return to form for the England captain.

Earlier on, Joe Root seemed comfortably on his way to equalling the world record of 7 successive scores above 50 when an uncharacteristic waft to a short one had him caught behind for 33.

Bell was earlier out for 0, but these things happen and his class and form cannot be denied.

More worrying is Trott's third duck in five innings; he is not an opener, and one has to question whether he should be in the side at all.

England 240 for 7 at the close.

England were on top for most of the drawn first test and won the second. The score here seems to give the advantage to the West Indies, but as Boycs is fond of saying, you can't judge a pitch until both sides have batted on it.

But, we all know what is coming up in England this summer. The West indies are not New Zealand; let alone Australia!

All the pundits said this Kensington Oval pitch was a flat batters paradise; but 18 wickets fell yesterday!

West Indies v England: 18 wickets fall on day two in Barbados

England: 257 (96.3 overs) Cook 105, Taylor 3-36 & 39-5 (21 overs)

West Indies: 189 (49.4 overs) Blackwood 85, Anderson 6-42

England 107 ahead, I think they need to get at least another 100 to feel safe.

Well, they didn't get that 100, being all out for 123 just before lunch. Leaving the West Indies 192 to win.

Buttler again being left stranded when doing well, this time on 35; he really should come in higher than 8.

Things were going reasonably well for England, having the West Indies 80 for 4, until Bravo and Blackwood put on 108, following a fumbled stumping by Buttler off Root with Blackwood way out of his ground which would have left the West indies on 87 for 5 had the chance been taken.

Bravo was out for 82 when he tried to hit Broad over the top for the 4 runs needed for victory and miscued it straight to Stokes; but by then the game was lost for England and Blackwood soon scored the 4 needed.

England 257 & 123: Buttler 35 not out

West Indies 189 & 194-5: Bravo 82

West Indies won by five wickets

West Indies v England: Windies tie series after thrilling Barbados win

All credit to the West Indies, and England have a lot of work to do before the summer.

Edited by 7by7

Well, they didn't get that 100, being all out for 123 just before lunch. Leaving the West Indies 192 to win.

Buttler again being left stranded when doing well, this time on 35; he really should come in higher than 8.

Things were going reasonably well for England, having the West Indies 80 for 4, until Bravo and Blackwood put on 108, following a fumbled stumping by Buttler off Root with Blackwood way out of his ground which would have left the West indies on 87 for 5 had the chance been taken.

Bravo was out for 82 when he tried to hit Broad over the top for the 4 runs needed for victory and miscued it straight to Stokes; but by then the game was lost for England and Blackwood soon scored the 4 needed.

All credit to the West Indies, and England have a lot of work to do before the summer.

Thanks for the updates on this series mate, appreciated.

Thanks for the updates on this series mate, appreciated.

Things looking good for a 5-0 Ashes whitewash to the Aussies?

There is a rumour Australia is going to handicap itself this series and pick Nathan Lyon.

Edited by BookMan

After his failed comeback to test cricket, scoring just 72 runs in 6 innings, Jonathan Trott has called it a day.

Jonathan Trott: England batsman retires from international cricket

"It has been an absolute honour to play alongside Trotty in every one of his 52 Tests," said England captain Alastair Cook.

"He can be incredibly proud of all he has achieved and it is no coincidence that his time in international cricket has seen the team achieve some very special things."

Edited by 7by7

After his failed comeback to test cricket, scoring just 72 runs in 6 innings, Jonathan Trott has called it a day.

Jonathan Trott: England batsman retires from international cricket

"It has been an absolute honour to play alongside Trotty in every one of his 52 Tests," said England captain Alastair Cook.

"He can be incredibly proud of all he has achieved and it is no coincidence that his time in international cricket has seen the team achieve some very special things."

Jeez.

At least England had one bastman who had scored some runs...now he has gone before the Ashes.

We've still got Cook, Bell, Root; to name three.

But there is the big question of who is going to open with Cook.

Our bowling needs looking at, with only Anderson coming out of this series with his reputation intact.

Alastair Cook, Moores & Moeen - questions Colin Graves will ask

As for the return of a certain KP; to be honest, even though he currently plays for my county, Surrey, in an effort to get back into the England side, I would rather lose the Ashes than see that; he has burnt too many bridges.

Such as the comments in his last book in which he ridiculed team mates, management and the ECB. Having a go at management and the ECB, fair enough; but your own team mates?

No one can deny his class as a batsman, but throughout his career, from his days in youth cricket in South Africa onwards, he has been quick to take all the credit when things have gone right for him, even quicker to blame others when things have gone wrong.

It may be a well worn platitude, but there is no 'I' in team. Something Pietersen has yet to learn and the negative effect his presence now would have on the other 10 in the dressing room far outweighs, in my opinion, any contribution he may make at the crease.