Motorbike Riders - a growing plague in need of a crackdown

Yes its a crackdown, those stupid rules about bikes staying left should be abolished.

This is funny:

One group wants motorcycles banned from the roads, the other wants them to be allowed ALL over the roads.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No RSD doesnt have a Special Sort of Bike. his figures are correct.The mistake most of you are making is calling glorified Mopeds and Scoopies Bikes. They lock up and crash faster then a Shopping Trolley.True Ferang Bikers do much good here, showing Kids the Safe Way.That cant be said for Ferang and Thai SUV drivers, the most arrogant bastards one can meet. Yeh im a Biker Fan, but too ....in OLD......thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

No RSD doesnt have a Special Sort of Bike. his figures are correct.The mistake most of you are making is calling glorified Mopeds and Scoopies Bikes. They lock up and crash faster then a Shopping Trolley.True Ferang Bikers do much good here, showing Kids the Safe Way.That cant be said for Ferang and Thai SUV drivers, the most arrogant bastards one can meet. Yeh im a Biker Fan, but too ....in OLD......thumbsup.gif

FastEddie isn't wrong depending on the parameters, though, but speed is a big factor- as speed increases, the advantage switches from bikes to cars. 100kph is where things start to change, and where there's braking distance parity between quality cars and bikes- on the highway (where we motorcyclists aren't allowed in LOS...) a decent car has about the same stopping distance as a decent bike (~120 feet give-or-take) at 100kph- on the street, say, at sub-80kph, a bike can stop in a significantly shorter distance- at under 50kph, a scooter with a disc brake and a skilled rider can out-brake most cars. At above 100kph, cars stop better and that advantage increases with speed.

The thing about bikes is that braking technique requires practice (even with ABS), and most riders don't find out how well their brakes work until a truck pills out in front of them- with a car you can just slam on the pedal (if you have ABS).

And my bike is special- all our bikes are special.;)

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

I hate those car drivers who dawdle in the fast lane at 60kph meaning bikes and other cars have to pass on the inside. The same idiots can't seem to locate their cars in the middle of the lane at intersections. If it means their mirrors get knocked they it will hopefully wake the dumb f**ks up.

Edited by Wong!

I hate those car drivers who dawdle in the fast lane at 60kph meaning bikes and other cars have to pass on the inside. The same idiots can't seem to locate their cars in the middle of the lane at intersections. If it means their mirrors get knocked they it will hopefully wake the dumb f**ks up.

So sayeth another responsible bike rider.

And Giddyup, a self appointed Policeman,and ignorant selfish driver.WONG Is RIGHT.thumbsup.gif

How am I a self-appointed policeman? You have no idea of my driving habits, selfish or otherwise. Someone else who presumes too much and actually knows very little. I think I'll leave the topic before the uninformed resort to their last defence, name calling and abuse. Bye.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Wong a little late in the game when the result has been decided. Like an 88 min sub with the score 5-1. :)

But I agree with you. Idiot car drivers are no better than idiot bike drivers.

A sarcastic dig at Wong ,"So Sayeth" sounds just like a Coppers Nark to most folks id have thought.

"so sayeth" is biblical or olde English, most people would know that, but why would I expect you to know that? If Wong was offended let him respond.

Edited by giddyup

Last Friday while walking beside Thinglor, this Fat white Farang guy on a motor bike, driving on the pavement, no helmet, looking like a baboon......., weaving in and out of the pedestrians ?? Dangerous or what....

Perfectly acceptable to some here.

Last Friday while walking beside Thinglor, this Fat Bald Farang guy on a motor bike, driving on the pavement, no helmet, looking like a baboon......., weaving in and out of the pedestrians ?? Dangerous or what....

The danger depends on what percentage of the pedestrians where Thai( I predict mostly Thai) as they expect that and the skill of the rider to avoid said pedestrians and to some extent the speed difference. The unknown is the riders ability. More unpredictable if he was riding in the same direction as the majority of locals.

Last Friday while walking beside Thinglor, this Fat white Farang guy on a motor bike, driving on the pavement, no helmet, looking like a baboon......., weaving in and out of the pedestrians ?? Dangerous or what....

Please point them out because I doubt any serious biker here would agree.

Driving on the pavement is a big no and so is not wearing a helmet. Most foreigners who ride bikes agree. Though I met one or two who are anti helmet wearing. I feel if guys like that go down because of a car and die the car owner should not be held fully responsible.

Wong a little late in the game when the result has been decided. Like an 88 min sub with the score 5-1. smile.png

Sorry, I'm not an old fart with no life who spends his entire life posting on Thai forums.

Wong a little late in the game when the result has been decided. Like an 88 min sub with the score 5-1. smile.png

Sorry, I'm not an old fart with no life who spends his entire life posting on Thai forums.

Maybe you start or lighten up a week bit....

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please point them out because I doubt any serious biker here would agree.

Driving on the pavement is a big no and so is not wearing a helmet. Most foreigners who ride bikes agree. Though I met one or two who are anti helmet wearing. I feel if guys like that go down because of a car and die the car owner should not be held fully responsible.

Edited by giddyup

I must admit if it wasn't for the likelihood of getting more scratches on the truck, I'd run over a dozen or so of the retards on scooters every trip.

Have we had a poll on where the worst drivers in Kwailand are yet? My vote goes to Chiang Mai.

One of my second cousins in Australia drives a MB Actros and the thing is amazing. it's 3 years old now so I would think those Scania and Volvo trucks are more advanced in everyway!