Suthep cancels fundraising dinners after Prayuth order

Lite Beer

Should have arrested him for trying to organise a gathering of more than 5. Martial law is for everyone.

My dear chap, this was not a 'gathering', but a classy fundraiser dinner at an appropriate place rolleyes.gif

where religion and politics will not pass through Sutheps lips.

A reunion of the old gang, all back together for a few laughs and to reminisce

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should have arrested him for trying to organise a gathering of more than 5. Martial law is for everyone.

My dear chap, this was not a 'gathering', but a classy fundraiser dinner at an appropriate place rolleyes.gif

where religion and politics will not pass through Sutheps lips.

A reunion of the old gang, all back together for a few laughs and to reminisce

Almost, old thing, almost.

A get-together of old (school) friends to reminisce better times. Gangs are those who organise gatherings for more than 5 wink.png

Mind you I do wonder about George with his gathering coming Friday rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

As you're so much concerned about the obeying to martial law, I hope you refrain from visiting bars and/or other events that are attended by more than 5 people.

By the way, wasn't it announced 3 weeks ago already that the fund raising was canceled and those that had participated would be refunded ?

Edit : I just read that this was another event, to raise money for the victims killed or wounded by the red shirts, as the one canceled earlier .

I guess the good general did not believe what Mr Suthep said and whispered in his ear?

Why is a person that restricts peoples freedom always called as being good on this forum ?

He is a good general, he makes everybody happy! At least 97% from what I read.

Exactly chooka this bloke is either telling the truth about conspiring with the general to seize power or is a bald face liar and should be arrested!

It's just shows you rules for one person and rules for another!

The bloke sitting in a park reading a book and eating a sandwich and gets arrested because they don't like the book yet this bloke thumbs his nose at the regime he brought about with immunity.

It stinks!

Yes it does.. its so good to see the shoe on the other foot. I can still remember my frustration when those red terrorist were killing anti government protesters and the reds on here were saying no proof and the cops were not doing a thing. Now you guys are feeling what it is to live under an opposing power.

Maybe next time this wont happen again and both sides have learned. But its good that you guys get a taste of your own medicine now. The irony of it all is that if your Master had not put his amnesty before everything else you guys would still be in power and there would be no protests as that was the thing that ignited it all.

You do know you are living under military rule do you?

• Like 1

Yes it does.. its so good to see the shoe on the other foot. I can still remember my frustration when those red terrorist were killing anti government protesters and the reds on here were saying no proof and the cops were not doing a thing. Now you guys are feeling what it is to live under an opposing power.

Maybe next time this wont happen again and both sides have learned. But its good that you guys get a taste of your own medicine now. The irony of it all is that if your Master had not put his amnesty before everything else you guys would still be in power and there would be no protests as that was the thing that ignited it all.

I did indeed notice that the near nightly cowardly attacks on anti-government protesters have stopped and even a few who did so have been caught.

Mind you, not sure what that has to do with Suthep's fundraiser which was seen as being too political and possibly causing conflict. I doubt though the NCPO gave much thought to the conflict k. Suthep created between warring TV posters rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Exactly chooka this bloke is either telling the truth about conspiring with the general to seize power or is a bald face liar and should be arrested!

It's just shows you rules for one person and rules for another!

The bloke sitting in a park reading a book and eating a sandwich and gets arrested because they don't like the book yet this bloke thumbs his nose at the regime he brought about with immunity.

It stinks!

Yes and I am preferring it 1000 to 1 to PTP rule.

• Like 1

Part of the problems are Thailand are because NO Thai law is ever for everyone -- a select few always walk away.

I did indeed notice that the near nightly cowardly attacks on anti-government protesters have stopped and even a few who did so have been caught.

Mind you, not sure what that has to do with Suthep's fundraiser which was seen as being too political and possibly causing conflict. I doubt though the NCPO gave much thought to the conflict k. Suthep created between warring TV posters rolleyes.gif

Uh, the protests stopped...so there cannot be any nightly attacks.

tongue.png

• Like 2

Suthip appeals to the uneducated The reason is the uneducated cannot read and therefore cannot check the facts of what he says. And of course history has shown that fascists lye about everything they do. Why would Suthip be any different

I wonder when he will just fade away into oblivion. He is a problem not a solution

• Like 2

SPOT ON !

Add to that: the General categorically denied to have colluded with anyone as El Suthepo claimed.

Isn't that spreading false information? Others get penalized. Even the adoring Media are under the Junta's thumb.

Why Suthep gets a free pass?

Just asking....

Please, Be civil and respectful.

Yellows, Reds, Green or whatever colours you fancy, remember we are all Farangs. Cannot vote, our opinions are worth zero and will never get to the ears of the powers that be. We only have duties and no rights. If you flame you will be flaming yourself.

Alternatively he could have held gatherings (with more than 5 people) in a cinema, where they show a flick of the nations hero. However, I like the situation that agitators on both sides are kept on a tight leach.

Suthip appeals to the uneducated The reason is the uneducated cannot read and therefore cannot check the facts of what he says.

And the educated can read, at least the part that they are allowed to read, because the other part has been restricted.

• Like 1

I don't have any favourite of the two tribes red or yellow, but for goodness sake if these guys do not sit down and shutup now the i'm sure the army can find a way to make the sit down and shut up forever.

Edited by Oziex1

This cretin deserves every ounce of hurt that is coming his way. His post coup behaviour has been sickening. Nobody likes a bad winner, least of all me.

Interesting observation,however if it was not for the actions of the protest groups,the current situation of apparent reform would not have occurred and this country still be back at the mercy of the PTP with all of it's corruption and ineptitude. To me, the end has justified the means.

Well, the end was achieved.

I think the remark was in relation to his behavior post-coup.

Same was said by co-leader, Buddha Issara:

Buddha Issara said that unguarded comments from PCAD leaders may cause more trouble for the military junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) and obstruct its mission to reconcile Thailand’s divided society.

"If they are lonely or feeling unemployed, they should plant trees or clean rubbish in the river," the monk advised.

http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1403784293

The fund raiser was to raise funds to help those injured during the demonstrations who are still in hospital.

That was the propaganda banner of the ostensible fund raisers.

The good General told Suthep to shut up and stop the fundraisers because of what was actually going on during the gatherings.

Suhtep among other self promoting claims, he asserted that since 2010 he and the General had been in touch planing to root out the Shin dynasty.

As the General well stated, that sort of talks promotes division and hostility.

His words, not mine.

Is omission of the truth a lie? Just asking.

Suthip appeals to the uneducated The reason is the uneducated cannot read and therefore cannot check the facts of what he says. And of course history has shown that fascists lye about everything they do. Why would Suthip be any different

I wonder when he will just fade away into oblivion. He is a problem not a solution

I don't think the people attending those fund-raiser dinners are uneducated.

Education by itself is not a safeguard against fascism, nor does it necessarily ensure a critical mind-set.

Without getting into a pissing contest, it would probably be hard to categorize all PTP voters as great beacons of learning.

Pretty much the same for any large voting group here. Education is sorely lacking in this country.

• Like 1

Nothing more than lip service. It is pretty clear on which side of the fence the Junta sit. wai.gif

Actually the NCPO is trying to tear down fences so as to have no good/bad side. Reconciliation, reform, finally a 'Thai rak Thai', things like that.

• Like 1

do you think he need to hold dinner to raise funds? seriously?

He collected millions from the people during his 6 months of chaos surely he didn't spend it all on restaurants, massages and the presidential suites at top hotels.

hey Chooka just realized that your next message will the 8000th... What about to celebrate this, an expensive dinner ?? Someone some to be in the needs...

Hi Chooka how do you find the time to post so much?

8,000 posts in 3 1/2 years. It beats my miserly 6,342 over 11 years into a cocked hat.

Edited by billd766

Did anyone think Suthep would actually go home and shut it ?

Not me. I figured that he would keep trying to stay in the spotlight like his alter ego, Thaksin.

I mentioned Thaksin so that nobody can accuse me of single or double standards.

As you're so much concerned about the obeying to martial law, I hope you refrain from visiting bars and/or other events that are attended by more than 5 people.

By the way, wasn't it announced 3 weeks ago already that the fund raising was canceled and those that had participated would be refunded ?

Edit : I just read that this was another event, to raise money for the victims killed or wounded by the red shirts, as the one canceled earlier .

JesseFrank, I think we both know full well the rule for no more than 5 people gathering is for political reasons.

Chiang Mai Expats continue to have over a hundred gather with no problems.

SPOT ON !

Add to that: the General categorically denied to have colluded with anyone as El Suthepo claimed.

Isn't that spreading false information? Others get penalized. Even the adoring Media are under the Junta's thumb.

Why Suthep gets a free pass?

Just asking....

Please, Be civil and respectful.

Yellows, Reds, Green or whatever colours you fancy, remember we are all Farangs. Cannot vote, our opinions are worth zero and will never get to the ears of the powers that be. We only have duties and no rights. If you flame you will be flaming yourself.

I tell you what.

Instead of being a keyboard warrior why don't you ask for an appointment with he General and explain to him that you know he is telling lies and spreading false information?

The result of that appointment shoud be very interesting.

Just asking......