Buffet Staff Attempt to limit me to Three Plates?

deknoiJT

I note that deknoiJT is 6' 3" and weighs 120 kgs. I am 5' 10" and up to about 3 years ago also weighed 120 kgs. So compared with how I was then, I am sure that deknoiJT looks a real "slim Jim".

I had serious food issues. Some people drink too much, or go with lots of girls or drive fast cars; some are even like the footballer George Best, who once said: "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." In my case, sadly, my only interest was food.

These days, I weigh about 78 kgs but I still have to be careful around food. So, thinking about how I once was, I can see why deknoiJT would enjoy "all you can eat" buffets.

I would agree with Jingthing's comment that if there no signage about limits then one can assume that you really can eat as much as you want.

My only comment on deknoiJT's OP would be that his response to the waiter's "three plates only" rule seemed a bit OTT. Probably, I would have quietly checked the rule either with another waiter or with the supervisor first. After all, they earn only a pittance. A day's pay for them is probably less than the cost of the buffet. They deserve some compassion, even when they are wrong. I appreciate though that being 6' 3" and 120 kgs, deknoiJT doesn't do things by halves and that my comment will just wash over him.

I doubt that he will suffer this poor fellow's fate:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82532279/

Have enjoyed reading the thread and deknoiJT's responses to his various critics.

• Like 1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you have seen nothing about buffet till you go to islam wedding i have attended many wedding in malay past years

you sit around drinking red cordial till finish vows etc then allowed to hit buffet

if old will get downed in rush like pigs to trough

manners never heard off cheers allan

usually the food is brought out to your long table, and the red rose petal drink certainly is an acquired taste if you aren't familiar with the dry-dusty taste similar to a guava

I've had an Indian wedding buffet though, and it is more like the real thing - right down to your plate being a big real banana leaf

Banana leaf ?...couldn't they afford proper plates ?

ATF, do you suck the heads of said crawdads?? Some folk say that is the best part with all of the fatty brain tissue.

I really don't know what to make of this post happy.png are you taking about food or some kinky southern perverted sex game here between the good ole boys ?

A real buffet!

Great minds think alike Billy Bob

post-202194-0-71166100-1404214490_thumb.

Edited by ATF

ATF, do you suck the heads of said crawdads?? Some folk say that is the best part with all of the fatty brain tissue.

I really don't know what to make of this post happy.png are you taking about food or some kinky southern perverted sex game here between the good ole boys ?

A real buffet!

Not enough new potatoes.

Edited by impulse

How many prawns or cray fish can you peel before you get really fed up and look for a sausage or somat simple ?

Close to a kilo. Chaurice sausage is my favorite, spicy, washed down with some really good quality Bourbon not Jack D.

How many prawns or cray fish can you peel before you get really fed up and look for a sausage or somat simple ?

Close to a kilo. Chaurice sausage is my favorite, spicy, washed down with some really good quality Bourbon not Jack D.

Yeah, but a kilo of boiled mudbugs is like, what, 3 ounces of meat?

Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you...

Yeah, but a kilo of boiled mudbugs is like, what, 3 ounces of meat?

Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you...

A kilo is 2.2 lbs so you would get about 10oz of meat. Actually maybe less.

Edited by ATF

The way it works is, they bring a gallon or so of cold beer to the table, you eat crawdads with a few pieces of corn and new potatoes and drink cold beer for 2 to 3 hours. Nothing fried, everything boiled except for the cold beer. Gota have cold beer, thats what glues it all together. Four guys can go thru a gallon of cold beer while eating crawdads in no time. Truly the food of the gods.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

You go for it pal. Can I temp you to a nice cold glass of Mount Claire instead ?

The way it works is, they bring a gallon or so of cold beer to the table, you eat crawdads with a few pieces of corn and new potatoes and drink cold beer for 2 to 3 hours. Nothing fried, everything boiled except for the cold beer. Gota have cold beer, thats what glues it all together. Four guys can go thru a gallon of cold beer while eating crawdads in no time. Truly the food of the gods.

hqdefault.jpg

Willing to try it - but the gallon of beer sounds scary - at least these days. You get the craws on the go And we will see how much justice we can do to the occasion !

Buffet are no good for me as i do not eat enough ,but i had these two large friends who after numerous trips to the food used to send me up to fill their plates ,to save their embarrasmentsmile.png

• Like 1

This reminds me of an occasion at a buffet in Ayutthaya. There were three grossly obese Americans sitting at the next table - two of them so large they could only walk with quad canes. They spent the whole time grumbling about how dreadful Thai food was - too spicy - whilst repeatedly refilling their plates, piling them high. Utter gluttony. And they accompanied all this with diet Coke!

Gee I sure you guys having a field day about fat Americans are not from Australia.

Guess that would make you look like a real <deleted>, since Aussies are fatter than Americans..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/2157503/Australians-fatter-than-Americans-study.html

Here you go ATF, just for you. Soutpeel, you have a perverted mind, I was not referring to the OP.

And no, I don't suck heads. This here is a crawdad buffet, all you can eat.

boiled-crfawfish.jpg

OMG !! You killed my overseas brothers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

photo.JPG

Edited by EyesWideOpen

looking back a few Posts ago, the beer swilling is where they make the real money returns from attending the buffet eh! BBT...

This was usually a Friday night type of a get together. The restaurant would boil several hundred pounds of crawdads over the course of the evening. Growing up in a small southern town, you tend to know a lot of the people, so this was like a family affair. Husbands tend to sit as a group, the wife's a group, daughters together, and the boys would flock together. It would last several hours, fathers drinking, mothers gossiping and the boys trying to get some girls eye. As a kid in the late 50s mid 60s, I have fond memories of going out to eat on Fri and Sat nights. People tend to make fun of us southern whatevers, I hate to use the term rednecks, but I would not have wanted to grow up anywhere else. Southern and damn proud of it.

Edited by BillyBobThai

looking back a few Posts ago, the beer swilling is where they make the real money returns from attending the buffet eh! BBT...

This was usually a Friday night type of a get together. The restaurant would boil several hundred pounds of crawdads over the course of the evening. Growing up in a small southern town, you tend to know a lot of the people, so this was like a family affair. Husbands tend to sit as a group, the wife's a group, daughters together, and the boys would flock together. It would last several hours, fathers drinking, mothers gossiping and the boys trying to get some girls eye. As a kid in the late 50s mid 60s, I have fond memories of going out to eat on Fri and Sat nights.

That sounds way cool.I always enjoyed traveling in the deep south, once I realized that

Deliverance was only a movie........

The crawdad in my fish tank glanced over at my computer screen and seemed very

nervous when he/she saw that bbq photo, but I told he/she that there was nothing to

worry about.... :-)

• Like 1

I note that deknoiJT is 6' 3" and weighs 120 kgs. I am 5' 10" and up to about 3 years ago also weighed 120 kgs. So compared with how I was then, I am sure that deknoiJT looks a real "slim Jim".

I am 6'4" - large framed & still play two active sports (averaging 300 games/days of the year when I was in the US + practice) but that changed after I got here and was down to only a few times/games a week.......when I got up to 118 kgs. most wouldn't think me fat - but I was.... I felt it playing sports, sitting, moving about, and just generally all the time it just wasn't comfortable.......

I cut back on the western food and concentrated on more Thai and now stay at about 107 kgs. - it took about 2 months - there is still some extra there but the lethargy and discomfort are gone....a home gym is the next step.......

In my own opnion 120 kgs. is too big to be healthy for 6'3" especially if the diet/drinking/eating habits are not good.......

Maybe sometimes the last place we need to be is an all you can eat buffet - and maybe, just maybe - judging by observation of the meal from someone else's viewpoint, perspective, and appearances the server may have done the OP a big favor in life......

Whether the OP appreciated it or not......

The downside for me - my wife says she liked my face better when it had the more chubby look to it......goof.gif.pagespeed.ce.KJ2oZpgSLm.gif

• Like 1