Buffet Staff Attempt to limit me to Three Plates?

deknoiJT

When the guy said 'filling his plate' ... maybe it wasn't in a heaped fashion, but placed the desired food items, enjoyed them, then went to try another delicacy?

Five and seven course meals are still considered the height of culinary enjoyment in French cuisine.

The serving sizes aren't large, each one designed to be a different taste sensation.

But for me ... Buffets are wasted on me ... when I'm full ... that's it, I push away ... you need room for beer!

This post may be the first time"Delicacy", "Culinary Enjoyment", "Taste Sensation" and "All-You-Can-Eat" Buffet have been used in the same sentence.

Perhaps Mssr Grey Poupon has never seen one of these ."Buffets" but "feeding trough" is more apropos.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 2

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can add Troll to your list of peculiarities.

If you are not a Troll you are in desperate need of psychoanalysis because you have a need to draw attention to yourself like a child. You take pleasure in flaunting your gayness, religion, weight and overindulgence and probably non whiteness to boot.

There are plenty of people exactly the same as you that get on with their lives without feeling the need to upset social norms. Your folly will will most likely land you in hospital or worse someday.

Madam, I apologise if I have offended your delicate sensibilities! wai.gif

For the less sensitive poster out there...

This is a public forum, the idea is to share your experiences and add comments. I am no shrinking violet and why shoud I be?

I am proud of who I am so why should I hide this fact, on an anonymous forum no less!!!!!!

Your pride is misplaced and a classic case of self denial. I don't care what people do as long as they as polite and courteous. The waitress was obviously under instructions to limit the amount of food to excessive eaters which is normal. I know people that go to buffets and gorge themselves ridiculously but they will also buy a few bottles of wine or other drinks with their meal. It would be just as insulting to ask for an extra half a dozen plates of food at the Mosque on Fridays.

• Like 1

When the guy said 'filling his plate' ... maybe it wasn't in a heaped fashion, but placed the desired food items, enjoyed them, then went to try another delicacy?

Five and seven course meals are still considered the height of culinary enjoyment in French cuisine.

The serving sizes aren't large, each one designed to be a different taste sensation.

But for me ... Buffets are wasted on me ... when I'm full ... that's it, I push away ... you need room for beer!

This post may be the first time "Taste Sensation" and "All-You-Can-Eat" Buffet have been used in the same sentence.

ClutchClark ... that comment made me ... biggrin.png

Agreed ... Buffets are not usually known for their 'haute cuisine'.

That said, I usually enjoy Bangkok Hotel Buffet breakfast.

I'd go back 4 or 5 times with the same plate ... just to taste the different things on offer.

Consider a Chinese Yum Cha style ... little bit this, little bit that.

Sort of like kissing a few pretty girls at a Party before deciding which one you want to eat ... rolleyes.gif

BTW ... I'm a lousy cook, I burn water ... so I appreciate others cooking.

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

The original concept of a buffet was have a small plate take a little at a time, now we have get the biggest plate, fill it high and and do as may runs as possible until you make yourself sick.

yes the thought was that people can take a bit of everywhere, have bigger choice, and of course less leftovers are produced. But it doesn't work....people, here specially older Chinese, but actually all nationalities behalf like stone-age people that are starving filling their plates with mountains and eat till the explodes....My parents were once at a buffet with high ranking politicians....unbelievable how they elbow their way to the best pieces and try to load all on their plate. Usually when watching them you must be ashamed to be human.....

I don't care what people do as long as they as polite and courteous.

You confuse me. You dont care what people do AS LONG AS....giggle.gif

So you actually do care a lot what people do. You impose YOUR conditions on other peoples behavior as to what is acceptable. What is polite and courteous to you might not be to others, my dear

I know people that go to buffets and gorge themselves ridiculously but they will also buy a few bottles of wine or other drinks with their meal

Well jolly good for them!!

Once again, there you are imposing your conditions of behavioral acceptance onto other people.

Unlike yourself, I choose to be my own person.

It would be just as insulting to ask for an extra half a dozen plates of food at the Mosque on Fridays.

How is that relevant Madam?? I am speaking here of a buffet restaurant, a place of business, designed specifically for the indulgence of food.

You compare that to a place of worship?

This post may be the first time "Taste Sensation" and "All-You-Can-Eat" Buffet have been used in the same sentence.

I'd go back 4 or 5 times with the same plate ... just to taste the different things on offer.

Sort of like a Chinese Yum Cha style ... little bit this, little bit that.

Try the fois gras at the Marriott David...or the seafood buffet at the Intercon.....time you treated that lady of yours! biggrin.png

• Like 2

Weho...... is that you?

We should be so lucky! clap2.gif

Weho was the BEST!

_________

General note. Not to Thaddeus.

Look, folks, I'm not THAT dense. Please stop insinuating that I am posting as this interesting and charming DeknoiJT character. Think about how STUPID that would be for me to do. Yes, it's obvious that he is playing some kind of playful shadow game with my identity. In my view, that's fun and can be taken in good humor. What's not fun is hecklers suggesting that person is me, because it's not. I've got my own issues with my own posts. I need a new DeknoiJT character to post under like a hole in the head. Got it now? thumbsup.gif Good.

Next ...

My good Sir, I can assure you I am playing no shadow game with your identity. I was barely aware of you until 2 months back. Even now I am not overly familiar.

Unless you have a fetish for brightly colored 'twirly caps' I see very little similarity in ourselves.

I apologise if some posters would think I am someone I am not.

I don't care what people do as long as they as polite and courteous.

You confuse me. You dont care what people do AS LONG AS....giggle.gif

So you actually do care a lot what people do. You impose YOUR conditions on other peoples behavior as to what is acceptable. What is polite and courteous to you might not be to others, my dear

I know people that go to buffets and gorge themselves ridiculously but they will also buy a few bottles of wine or other drinks with their meal

Well jolly good for them!!

Once again, there you are imposing your conditions of behavioral acceptance onto other people.

Unlike yourself, I choose to be my own person.

It would be just as insulting to ask for an extra half a dozen plates of food at the Mosque on Fridays.

How is that relevant Madam?? I am speaking here of a buffet restaurant, a place of business, designed specifically for the indulgence of food.

You compare that to a place of worship?

Anyway good luck with your philosophy. One day you may realize that quality is far more important than quantity.

Consider a Chinese Yum Cha style ... little bit this, little bit that.

Sort of like kissing a few pretty girls at a Party before deciding which one you want to eat ... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Try the fois gras at the Marriott David...or the seafood buffet at the Intercon.....time you treated that lady of yours! biggrin.png

Mate ... that lady gets spoilt rotten.

I just lashed out Bt 1,300 for a blow-up Doll Pool for the kids.

Plus she got a pay raise.

Spoilt ... spolit I say ... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Anyway good luck with your philosophy. One day you may realize that quality is far more important than quantity.

Once again imposing your conditions on other people!!

If you read my OP again you will see that I state I am not a volume eater, rather a lover of food.

On this occasion I ate my fill to annoy the staff person, but that is an exception to my rule

Manager tells polite staff person to request of the farang, aka water buffalo, to limit his food intake to three plates.

WB gets upset, stomps his feet & lets out a snort and decides to eat 7-8 platefuls to show the poor wait staff he will do whatever he pleases when he pleases.

Meanwhile, young wait staff, raised in a polite Thai culture does not know how to respond to rude farang WB so stands in the shadow while his manager gets more and more angry...at wait staff.

Yep, you sure showed them a thing or two.

My dear man, do you understand the buffet concept ?

Unless signage indicates otherwise, there is NO limit on the food you eat.

If the staff member wants to limit the amount of servings the restaurant cannot charge for a buffet. Simples.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You're doing it wrong David.

At least different than me, I was always taught to never eat on an empty stomach........................wink.png

Some things in life, especially advice, you may suspect as being wrong but you still cling to them just cause they're fun......................tongue.png

• Like 1

If you read my OP again you will see that I state I am not a volume eater, rather a lover of food.

On this occasion I ate my fill to annoy the staff person, but that is an exception to my rule

If you are implying I would prefer not to live in a gay, Muslim, overweight food gorging paradise. You are correct. However I am prepared to tolerate other peoples beliefs even though I may not agree with them. Otherwise society could not exist. You however want the World to revolve around your rules and therein lies the problem.

• Like 2

Manager tells polite staff person to request of the farang, aka water buffalo, to limit his food intake to three plates.

WB gets upset, stomps his feet & lets out a snort and decides to eat 7-8 platefuls to show the poor wait staff he will do whatever he pleases when he pleases.

Meanwhile, young wait staff, raised in a polite Thai culture does not know how to respond to rude farang WB so stands in the shadow while his manager gets more and more angry...at wait staff.

What should he do then?

Wai at waitress and beg forgiveness for thinking the all you can eat buffet was in fact a crock of doggy doo doo.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Bt1300 pool would only fit 1 kid at a time wouldn't it?

and it would be her job to fill it...clap2.gif

Mate ... she takes care of me all right ... but that's for having my best interests at heart.

It's being picked up in a few days ... no idea just how big ... by my 6 month old kids would drown in 2 inches in a bath ... so size doesn't matter.

Reminds me of the old joke ...

Why are woman such lousy drivers?

Because for a long time men have been saying that this ########################################## is 12 inches ... laugh.png

The original concept of a buffet was have a small plate take a little at a time, now we have get the biggest plate, fill it high and and do as may runs as possible until you make yourself sick.

yes the thought was that people can take a bit of everywhere, have bigger choice, and of course less leftovers are produced. But it doesn't work....people, here specially older Chinese, but actually all nationalities behalf like stone-age people that are starving filling their plates with mountains and eat till the explodes....My parents were once at a buffet with high ranking politicians....unbelievable how they elbow their way to the best pieces and try to load all on their plate. Usually when watching them you must be ashamed to be human.....

This.

My parents worked in hotels and I have a dislike for buffets ever since. I also work in a hotel and have seen people get in fights at buffets (and no, I am not working in some backpacker hostel).

The best is these people who try to pack some of the buffet breakfast for later......A friend of my parents went often with cheap bus tours in Europe. The hotels had to switch back to normal breakfast. The elderly women first slip a bread in their bag, than all the ham in their Tupperware, later customer complain that they don't get any of the good staff.

Service person tried to smart refill....let it appear as finished and refill when the hyenas were gone. But also not work well.....So mostly they switched back to everyone get 2 slice of bread, 3 slice of ham, 1 egg.......

Weho...... is that you?

We should be so lucky! clap2.gif

Weho was the BEST!

_________

General note. Not to Thaddeus.

Look, folks, I'm not THAT dense. Please stop insinuating that I am posting as this interesting and charming DeknoiJT character. Think about how STUPID that would be for me to do. Yes, it's obvious that he is playing some kind of playful shadow game with my identity. In my view, that's fun and can be taken in good humor. What's not fun is hecklers suggesting that person is me, because it's not. I've got my own issues with my own posts. I need a new DeknoiJT character to post under like a hole in the head. Got it now? thumbsup.gif Good.

Next ...

My good Sir, I can assure you I am playing no shadow game with your identity. I was barely aware of you until 2 months back. Even now I am not overly familiar.

Unless you have a fetish for brightly colored 'twirly caps' I see very little similarity in ourselves.

I apologise if some posters would think I am someone I am not.

Thanks for your response.wai.gif I don't really believe you, but that's my right, isn't it?rolleyes.gif So it's all a coincidence then? Gay check. Minority non-Christian religion check. Loves restaurants check. Overweight check. User name JT check.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

My dear man, do you understand the buffet concept ?

Unless signage indicates otherwise, there is NO limit on the food you eat.

If the staff member wants to limit the amount of servings the restaurant cannot charge for a buffet. Simples.

Yes, I do understand.

If a restaurant staff made a request of me in Thailand, then my response would be to honor their request and simply not dine there again. The concept of bullying a young waitstaff for an additional 4-5 platefuls would have never entered my mind...nor most other reasonable people above the age of 7. Whats even more disdainful is you then come here and start a thread to brag about your poor behavior like a child.

Are you American? Your concept of Feed-Trough Buffets seems American.

• Like 1

I agree with the OP if it's a buffet and no rules are posted about return times, they are out of bounds announcing new rules after the customer has committed to eating there. I also agree it is not necessarily (but may indeed be) glutinous to visit the buffet many times. That is because different people have different plans of attack at buffets. One might want small samples of a variety of foods ... and then later go back for more portions of the ones that prove personally pleasing. Or any number of reasons. Of course it is no secret many people overeat at buffets. That's their business ... and if restaurants are in the business of selling buffets, they've made the offer, they are obligated to HONOR it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Aren't you the guy who broke the chair?

Really.
This is the same guy from the broken chair dispute thread?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This is great, possibly the funniest thing I've read here at TVF.

Nearly pissssed myself, wait on, maybe I did piiissss myself.

Me Too BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.