Air-Con Wireless Thermostat Anyone?

Hi,

As you know walls in Thailand is very thin and built-in thermostat in Air-con internal units measure temperature wrong. Especially if the wall receives sun directly.

So my problem is AC works fine, but it makes it too cold when I sleep and I get sick sometimes. I set 27 degrees and minimum fan setting in Mitsubishi Mr. Slim 9000 btu ac, which makes room around 25 degrees. But when I wake up, I usually see 23 - 24 degrees. If I set 28 degrees in AC, room moisture goes up and can't sleep due to moisture.

I checked thermostat for AC units, but they are for designed for AC models sold in USA. I don't care about smart phone features or wifi capabilities, all I want is wireless (no cabling inside the room) thermostat that I'll place in middle of the room and of course internal part that'll do the processing. I also don't want to tear AC unit apart and connect cables so it'll be nice if some AC service can sell + set it up for me.

If anyone has experiences regarding external thermostats for AC units sold in Thailand I'll appreciate it.

Unfortunately here in Thailand you either have those rag tag outfit of a/c installers

that can only install basic a/c's and don't speak English, or you have the heating

and cooling experts/engineers that only install mega systems in huge places, non

in between,

one way will be to email and ask Mitsubishi a/c departments in say, the state UK and

other countries that will understand the issue, don't waste you time on the local

distributors there're as clueless and the rest of them,

as for me, I got me a good fan that blows air on me direct all night, and most of the

times that dose me fine...

I bought a wireless aircon control in ChiangMai which the installer added a receiver to the air conditioner unit and it worked well. It was noty cheap but did the job. Ask the people who repair aircons they will know.

I bought a wireless aircon control in ChiangMai which the installer added a receiver to the air conditioner unit and it worked well. It was noty cheap but did the job. Ask the people who repair aircons they will know.

Can you put a photo and write its brand / model?

Perhaps I can find it in Bangkok.

Which a/c do you have? How much did you pay?

Can you put a photo and write its brand / model?

Perhaps I can find it in Bangkok.

Which a/c do you have? How much did you pay?

Sorry I cannot as I no longer live in that Condo as I moved to Chiangrai. I honestly forget the price but I think it was round 1,500 baht. Apparently it is pretty universal. they connect it in place of the thermostat in the machine. It was fairly simple to put in. It consisted of a small circuit board with a temperature probe which went into the machine. And a standard remote control. Ask round at some of the big shops service units as I can assure you they do have such a thing.

All the aircons I have had in the four houses here were with wireless thermostats. Ranging in size from ones for small room to large living room (7 x 4 m floor, 3 m ceiling) units. Included Trane, Samsung, Mitsubishi. I found I could get replacement controllers at Amorn. These are typically programmable to fit a long list of a/c units, but of course the actual a/c unit must have a wireless receiver.

All the aircons I have had in the four houses here were with wireless thermostats. Ranging in size from ones for small room to large living room (7 x 4 m floor, 3 m ceiling) units. Included Trane, Samsung, Mitsubishi. I found I could get replacement controllers at Amorn. These are typically programmable to fit a long list of a/c units, but of course the actual a/c unit must have a wireless receiver.

The ones we are talking about do not have a wireless reciever builot into the unit already. But I agree Amorn would be a very good starting place.

I had same problem. Thought about same solution to no avail. Now just keep air low and use electric blanket I bought online. So far so good. Sounds silly, using electric blanket here, but it was a cheap solution and I don't give a rat's behind about silly.

Today my wife called Intronics. They claim they don't have such wireless thermostat despite the fact that they have in their website. It seems they only sell replacement thermostats (which I can buy from my AC's manufacturer). Unbeliveable!

Either sales rep has no idea what they sell or don't want to do his/her job.

I really don't want to buy it from United States as it may be incompatible with split air con sets in here.

Just received an email from them,

It seems there is no universal or brand specific thermostat for household AC units.

There goes my hope to buy one for my AC unit.

get you wife to phone Amorn

I think Bangkok would be best.