TOT unveils communication technology to save more lives

webfact

TOT unveils communication technology to save more lives

tot.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 July 2014 (NNT) - TOT has established the TOT Help Call Center, an innovation by the TOT to equip home phones with an emergency call button.

TOT has combined with the National Institute for Emergency Medicine to promote 1669, an organization established to play a role in the management of emergency medical services. Together they have found a way to ensure help is always available at the touch of an electronic button.

Vice President of Regional Sales and the Customer Services Department, TOT Public Company Limited, Mr. Tanin Suvannakij, revealed the 1669 technology, at the Inventor's Day Exhibition 2014 held at Impact Arena Mueng Thong Thani in late June 2014.

Mr. Tanin said that TOT had developed this technology knowing that in society nowadays, the ill, senior citizens, and people with disabilities are often at home alone where accidents and other uncertainties may occur, and in such a situation, one can reach for the 1669 button to call for urgent assistance.

Mr. Tanin further explained that once the 1669 hotline is pressed information such as the person's identity, phone number, biography, relatives, congenital diseases, blood type, and preferred hospital are sent to the main hospital in the province within seconds. This initial contact provides essential information for a medical team to prepare for the case. Mr. Tanin also added that after the hotline button is pressed, within 8 minutes a medical van will reach the patient.

So far the service is only available in seven provinces, namely: Chonburi, Rayong, Khon Kaen, Nong Bua Lum Phu, Kalasin, Udonthani, and Ubon Ratchathani. However Mr. Tanin gave an assurance that the company will make the service available nationwide, as soon as possible.

Anyone wanting to learn more about this useful innovation, or apply for this service can contact the TOT Call Center by calling 02-240-0701, or visit www.tot.co.th

The TOT management team hopes that this technology will save more lives.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-04 footer_n.gif

Stroke or heart attack are the major cause of death but if patient reach medical treatment within 5 hours he or she can been save ,

so it's very important to have these live saving numbers in hand.

1669 or 191 cannot dial using hand phone only fix line that's the major problems needed to be fixed urgently!

Heart attack......get help within 5 hours....yep..no problem at all...I'll remember that..?!

• Like 1

Medical van within 8 minutes? I'll believe that when I hear it'S occurred more than 5 times!!

No body moves out of the way for emergency vehicles in Thailand the general public couldn't give a toss for an ambulance.

Stroke or heart attack are the major cause of death but if patient reach medical treatment within 5 hours he or she can been save ,

1669 or 191 cannot dial using hand phone only fix line that's the major problems needed to be fixed urgently!

Never heard of "the golden hour"?

Who told you treatment within 5 hours and you can be saved? That's just plain wrong.

Many heart attacks kill instantly, momentarily, on the spot...THERE IS NO COMING BACK! ...not even after a minute.

Well it will defiantly save a few life's. Darn few that is.

Mr. Tanin further explained that once the 1669 hotline is pressed information such as the person's identity, phone number, biography, relatives, congenital diseases, blood type, and preferred hospital are sent to the main hospital in the province within seconds. This initial contact provides essential information for a medical team to prepare for the case. Mr. Tanin also added that after the hotline button is pressed, within 8 minutes a medical van will reach the patient.

How is an emergency vehicle going to reach you in 8 minutes if there is none with in a 100 mile radius of you. How many have modern land lines with this service on it? How is it going to know your medical history?

It is my understanding that medical attention in the first hour is the most critical. How are they going to get to these people in time with properly trained staff?

A good idea way ahead of it's deliverability. By the time they manage to get up to where it will work will they have installed the button on all mobile phones.

That will create a real mess. How many times do people not lock their phone and inadvertently hit a call button? Remember this system is set up so you don't have to say anything. It knows your location.

Medical van within 8 minutes? I'll believe that when I hear it'S occurred more than 5 times!!

No body moves out of the way for emergency vehicles in Thailand the general public couldn't give a toss for an ambulance.

Ain't that the truth. For the Bangkok area I might believe 80 minutes but I'm not believing 8 minutes.

Well it will defiantly save a few life's. Darn few that is.

How is an emergency vehicle going to reach you in 8 minutes if there is none with in a 100 mile radius of you. How many have modern land lines with this service on it? How is it going to know your medical history?

It is my understanding that medical attention in the first hour is the most critical. How are they going to get to these people in time with properly trained staff?

A good idea way ahead of it's deliverability. By the time they manage to get up to where it will work will they have installed the button on all mobile phones.

That will create a real mess. How many times do people not lock their phone and inadvertently hit a call button? Remember this system is set up so you don't have to say anything. It knows your location.

Maybe we all need to sue Samsung, as we don't have a red emergency button on our phones..cos Thailand just re-invented the 30 year old wheel 555 : although you can set up speed dial using 1 number, and by the time you've unlocked with ur password, hit phone, hit keypad... you'll more likely be on the deck in agony, or dead giggle.gif

• Like 1

Are they kidding? This is an invention?

Local authorities have wifi and GPRS based alarm systems for the elderly and needy that they can wear for 20 years. Of course, if the phone is downstairs and you are upstairs, what to do then? I am all for them trumpetting kids winning a science fair, but are they really telling us that this is an invention? Bloody hell, what else was there to see at the show? Betamax and Minidisc?

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Vice President of Regional Sales and the Customer Services Department, TOT Public Company Limited, Mr. Tanin Suvannakij, revealed the 1669 technology, at the Inventor's Day Exhibition 2014

There's the problem. Revealing 1669 technology in 2014. I can't wait till the 2032 exhibition, when they reveal Newton's Philosopiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica.

Are they kidding? This is an invention?

Local authorities have wifi and GPRS based alarm systems for the elderly and needy that they can wear for 20 years. Of course, if the phone is downstairs and you are upstairs, what to do then? I am all for them trumpetting kids winning a science fair, but are they really telling us that this is an invention? Bloody hell, what else was there to see at the show? Betamax and Minidisc?

I believe there was an arrow head, and some feathers and a stick, and a bent piece of branch and some cat gut... apparently nearly there then.. just need to work out how to assemble the lot into something useful. cheesy.gif

Edited by UbonRatch
  • Like 1

once the 1669 hotline is pressed information such as the person's identity, phone number, biography, relatives, congenital diseases, blood type, and preferred hospital are sent to the main hospital in the province within seconds. This initial contact provides essential information for a medical team to prepare for the case. Mr. Tanin also added that after the hotline button is pressed, within 8 minutes a medical van will reach the patient.

So far the service is only available in seven provinces, namely: Chonburi, Rayong, Khon Kaen, Nong Bua Lum Phu, Kalasin, Udonthani, and Ubon Ratchathani.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Then everyone follows the emergency vehicles as they make a bit of a hole in traffic

'Mr. Tanin further explained that once the 1669 hotline is pressed information such as the person's identity, phone number, biography, relatives, congenital diseases, blood type, and preferred hospital are sent to the main hospital in the province within seconds. This initial contact provides essential information for a medical team to prepare for the case. Mr. Tanin also added that after the hotline button is pressed, within 8 minutes a medical van will reach the patient.'

How are they treating client confidentiality? Not even banks have embraced passing of information on in Thailand over the internet? Information sharing has been discussed for 20+ years in NSW health that I know of.

I would be concerned with this type of information out there as I am not sure of how secure Thailand internet is?

You guys just do not understand, it is a Thai thing. The reason the Thai's do not move their cars for the ambulance, they are Buddhist. Everyone knows that they will be coming back, their death is just a rebirth. A bunch of BS, but I truly believe this is what they think. You die and the decomposition begins, nothing more.

Fairy_Tail_Intro_%26_Outro_Themes_Vol.2_

You guys just do not understand, it is a Thai thing. The reason the Thai's do not move their cars for the ambulance, they are Buddhist. Everyone knows that they will be coming back, their death is just a rebirth. A bunch of BS, but I truly believe this is what they think. You die and the decomposition begins, nothing more.

Fairy_Tail_Intro_%26_Outro_Themes_Vol.2_

Last time I heard it changed it's molecular structure and we all know every thing is made up of atoms which in turn are energy so where does the energy go? I haven't heard of a way yet for completely turning energy into nothing.

feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

WOW. Thanks Thailand, new groundbreaking technology but guess what we have had it in Australia all my life, at least 40 years.

Ummm...since when? I don't ever recall seeing a phone with an emergency button that the elderly can use, and that automatically sends the users address and full details to the emergency services.

There are some new and dedicated services for emergency callout that you can pay for, but I doubt it's been like that for 40 years - that's 1974... don't think so...

I wonder how many overseas trips it took to think up the idea of a special button on a land line to call for help? Maybe they should go and do some more research in developed countries to see what is possible.

Damed if they do ... damed if they don't.

BTW, in USA I've yet to see a land-line phone with a special button to call help ... much less one that automatically relays your medical records, etc.

Edited by HerbalEd

Jeez, what a bunch of moaners!!

Isn't it better to have a glass half full rather than half empty? Anything that can improve emergency response has to be a plus, not a minus.

Simon