Is true wifi 8 mbps fast?

Food traveler

Hello,

For example, 1MB = 8,388,608 bits (1 megabyte)
so 1MB does not = 1,000,000 bits!

AND, your common internet connection actually uses 10 bits for every "byte", 8 data bits, plus start/stop bits. So 8 Mbps is about 0.8 MegaBytes per second, or about 800 KiloBytes per second.
if the server you are watching from is in Asia it should be no problem to watch 2 streams with 720p simultaneously.

YouTube recently made a page for Thailand, YouTube.co.th you could try if the stream is working better there, but 8mbps is fast enough to watch 2 streams and surf the internet on the 3rd screen :)

i also agree with JeremyBowskill, On a good day yes, no problem. On a bad day, not so easy it depends a lot on how much bandwidth you really get from your 8 mbit :P go make a speed test here:http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/ you can choose the server location and you will see the difference in speed to overseas or Asia etc.

good luck have a nice day.

I find true speed is up and down faster than a bar girls pants. One minute it will exceed the 12 meg it is meant to be, the next less than 1 meg. The other day it was meant to be at least, 14 meg but youtube would still not play. They come round and test it by pinging their own server- works great but that's not really any help.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hello,

For example, 1MB = 8,388,608 bits (1 megabyte)
so 1MB does not = 1,000,000 bits!

AND, your common internet connection actually uses 10 bits for every "byte", 8 data bits, plus start/stop bits. So 8 Mbps is about 0.8 MegaBytes per second, or about 800 KiloBytes per second.
if the server you are watching from is in Asia it should be no problem to watch 2 streams with 720p simultaneously.

YouTube recently made a page for Thailand, YouTube.co.th you could try if the stream is working better there, but 8mbps is fast enough to watch 2 streams and surf the internet on the 3rd screen smile.png

i also agree with JeremyBowskill, On a good day yes, no problem. On a bad day, not so easy it depends a lot on how much bandwidth you really get from your 8 mbit tongue.png go make a speed test here:http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/ you can choose the server location and you will see the difference in speed to overseas or Asia etc.

good luck have a nice day.

Agree with Crazy88's comments above. Another speedtest you could try is:

http://www.speedtest.net/ This is the Ookla one. I admit, I'm not a great fan of the speedtest sites but sometimes they are good for a rough benchmark.

I recently changed my home package (not True unfortunately) to a 13Mbps connection from 3BB (900 baht a month), the thumb below was the result. I was downloading at an average of 1.5 megabytes a second during a 4.07 GB download. OK, I was using a download manager, but the results were better than that on the box.

post-76988-0-06775200-1404798516_thumb.j

This is "up-country" in Phitsanulok.......................thumbsup.gif

;b++){var>