Lite Beer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And further news in...

The poll was conducted at approved universities with the 10% that did not pledge happyness trucked away for reeducation

Trucked & tucked away and fed conformity pills to ensure they can share in the happyness.

• Like 1

I can honestly say that for myself and everyone i know (including Thai people ) nothing much has changed ,except in my case the local radio station is banned and the paper i read online is banned.

Surely the worst propaganda machine in the history of civilisation? Aside from about half a dozen creeps on here Im not sure who they think they fool?

Now you have done it.

100% sure somebody will get to work on this with a few new words/ phrases etc, I can think of a few myself.

Watch that space!

That might have a lot to do with the way Suthep was blocking parts of Bangkok.

I was able to move about without any problems.
I think they may be referring to farmers who wanted to protest against yingluck but were persuaded not to

I was actually waiting for fabby to jump in and say its Suthep's fault he is s fascist you know....but looks like binnsy beat him to it

Seems the lead is missing from Fab's pencil nowadays - but that's true for most redshirt apologists, after all. Bullies are like that!

I can honestly say that for myself and everyone i know (including Thai people ) nothing much has changed ,except in my case the local radio station is banned and the paper i read online is banned.

Well I would say 90% aren't interested much. But several of the staff went to the demonstrations. I learned some girls went there, not for political reasons, but in the hope to find a hi-so rich husband there w00t.gif

• Like 1

I was actually waiting for fabby to jump in and say its Suthep's fault he is s fascist you know....but looks like binnsy beat him to it

Seems the lead is missing from Fab's pencil nowadays - but that's true for most redshirt apologists, after all. Bullies are like that!

Well, the playing field isn't as level as it used to be, so not surprising, overall. While the coup is to be applauded for all that

law and order stuff, it sure does take its toll, manifested in the current TVF tedium.

Bullying cuts both ways, the truly devout on both sides would do any schoolyard proud.

• Like 2

90% people are happier now than they were before the coup

One can assume the other 10% preferred or were involved in the daily terrorist attacks? Seems about right when looking at the below hard core red shirt supporters.

post-140765-0-44458800-1404652730_thumb.

I just filled up my motorbike with 91 gasohol and cost me almost 40 baht per liter. I am not happy at all with the cost of fuel. I am sure many Thais are not too happy with this as well. Could the good General please do something about the cost of fuel to make Thais happy?

It went up over 20% under the Shins.

But to me it is still cheap compared to about 65 Lt baht in the UK (£1.29) We pay 35 baht for E20

A short term Brit resident presumes to compare UK prices to those in Thailand and speak on behalf of the rural Thai population, who exist for a whole month on what you pay for three pints of London Pride, a large pizza and half a tank of petrol on your night out!

You TOTALLY read that wrong.

I don't consider 5 years with zero intentions of leaving as being a short term Brit.

Also, I was quoting a farang moaning about petrol prices, not quoting rural folks, unless of course the person I was quoting was moaning because of the rural folks and I cut him down.... but he wasn't he was moaning on his own behalf and stating the obvious about Thais not liking it.... who does? But it's a lot cheaper than the UK and Thais can ride their little scooters quite cheaply.

It isn't just the petrol that is expensive in the UK, the entire cost of motoring is extortionate. Thailand is far cheaper over the year. You can't expect oil companies to keep it really low, it is not Saudi Arabia you know, Thailand doesn't have oil coming out of its ears.

Yet another short minded and short term farang like yourself who tend to be the biggest apologists on here.

Learn to read.

My main point was that the Shin regime is responsible for the huge price increases in fuel in a short period of time, this topic is about an opinion poll of the situation of people since the coup.

Edited by lostsoul49
  • Like 1

It is amazing what criminalizing dissent does for opinion polls. It's all good new from here on.

Considering that polls are 100% anonymous, sort of totally pulls the rug out from under your accusations of the military follow ups to this poll.

You and your lot trying to foment political disharmony by any chance?

Thought so.

• Like 1

You managed to last 4 posts before you just had to put your intellect to work on that pithy comment. Well done you. coffee1.gif

This is just a poll on a Uni campus, pretty meaningless regarding the greater population.

I can't believe how stupid some people are.

Just because the Suan Dusit Poll is based at the University doesn't mean they just asked Uni students walking past their office.

" Suan Dusit Poll is a large nationwide poll conducted with Thai citizens from different backgrounds "

• Like 2

This is just a poll on a Uni campus, pretty meaningless regarding the greater population.

I can't believe how stupid some people are.

Just because the Suan Dusit Poll is based at the University doesn't mean they just asked Uni students walking past their office.

" Suan Dusit Poll is a large nationwide poll conducted with Thai citizens from different backgrounds "

No they just regurgitate the same number of people every time and probably the same people asked. Watch the magic number when it comes up 1264 or something like that, same amount of people polled 4 times so far rolleyes.gif

A Few More

1.Thais are 100% more happy that they don't have to be asked about news because they don't read and they don't have to come up blank or empty. The news no longer exists, so Thais are ecstatic about that.

2.Thais are 100% happy that nothing is being done to crackdown on prostitution institutionalized pimping and racketeering and all the associated crimes arising from it because it generates important cashflow for their economy.

3. Thai Mr. Bigs are 100% happy that there are a lot of petty drug, human slavery and trafficking busts, and counterfeit property petty busts because it deflects and takes the heat off them and they can continue to build more secretive networks.

4. Thais are 100% happy that the national skim is being recirculated and they have a chance to get paid.

5. Thai food vendors are 100% happy because all they did was specify that fried foods shouldn't use white paper to drain the fat whereas they thought there would be a lot of regulations and high costs to implement standards.

6. Thai tourists and expats are 100% happy because nothing has really changed that impacts their sex life or cost of living and prices may even be down a little.

7. Thais are 100% happy in general that there is no pressure to read and upgrade their standards of knowledge, education and information intake. Thais are actually extra 100% happy that they are encouraged not to actually read.d

8. Thai four and five star hotels are 100% happy because there has been no announced crackdown on freelancer bars, an important source of income and value proposition.

9. Thai teachers are 100% happy because there is no announced upgrade requirements for skills.

10. Thai media is 100% happy because they do even less work now and merely cut and paste filler. Real news is not permitted. Facts are not accessible.

11. Thai construction development firms are 100% happy because there is no crackdown on regulations, standards, and illegal human trafficking for labor or validating what is in the cement mix and how the alarms work.

12. Thai fisheries are 100% delighted and happy that they have been authorized to police themselves with a three week instant plan.

13. Police are 100% happy because the worst thing that has happened so far is a "transfer." There have been no arrests or suspension of benefits for corruption and no concern for convictions and jail time.

14. Thai Mr. Big Bankers are ecstatic and 100% happy that no banker has been publicly arrested yet, and only one bank has been merely asked to answer a rhetorical question about transaction volume and how they could open so many accounts.

15. Thai rice big shots and swindlers are 100% happy because there is no criminal charges for any business or owners and they are only going after small potatoes and petty busts.

• Like 1

A Few More

1.Thais are 100% more happy that they don't have to be asked about news because they don't read and they don't have to come up blank or empty. The news no longer exists, so Thais are ecstatic about that.

2.Thais are 100% happy that nothing is being done to crackdown on prostitution institutionalized pimping and racketeering and all the associated crimes arising from it because it generates important cashflow for their economy.

3. Thai Mr. Bigs are 100% happy that there are a lot of petty drug, human slavery and trafficking busts, and counterfeit property petty busts because it deflects and takes the heat off them and they can continue to build more secretive networks.

4. Thais are 100% happy that the national skim is being recirculated and they have a chance to get paid.

5. Thai food vendors are 100% happy because all they did was specify that fried foods shouldn't use white paper to drain the fat whereas they thought there would be a lot of regulations and high costs to implement standards.

6. Thai tourists and expats are 100% happy because nothing has really changed that impacts their sex life or cost of living and prices may even be down a little.

7. Thais are 100% happy in general that there is no pressure to read and upgrade their standards of knowledge, education and information intake. Thais are actually extra 100% happy that they are encouraged not to actually read.d

8. Thai four and five star hotels are 100% happy because there has been no announced crackdown on freelancer bars, an important source of income and value proposition.

9. Thai teachers are 100% happy because there is no announced upgrade requirements for skills.

10. Thai media is 100% happy because they do even less work now and merely cut and paste filler. Real news is not permitted. Facts are not accessible.

11. Thai construction development firms are 100% happy because there is no crackdown on regulations, standards, and illegal human trafficking for labor or validating what is in the cement mix and how the alarms work.

12. Thai fisheries are 100% delighted and happy that they have been authorized to police themselves with a three week instant plan.

13. Police are 100% happy because the worst thing that has happened so far is a "transfer." There have been no arrests or suspension of benefits for corruption and no concern for convictions and jail time.

14. Thai Mr. Big Bankers are ecstatic and 100% happy that no banker has been publicly arrested yet, and only one bank has been merely asked to answer a rhetorical question about transaction volume and how they could open so many accounts.

15. Thai rice big shots and swindlers are 100% happy because there is no criminal charges for any business or owners and they are only going after small potatoes and petty busts.

About as anal as it comes.

I think Thailand is certainly not the place for you... If you are even here that is.

You have such a negative view of the place and all those little bitches you mentioned and you expect miracles and everything to be completed in a month?

Man, get back on your spaceship.

If I was as craggy as you about Thailand, I would be leaving tomorrow.

A nonsense post has been removed. Somebody needs to stop trolling.

9) Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Do you even have a clue what you are talking about.

I don't know my way around Bangkok but even I know that the traffic problems were in a relatively small area compared to the size of Bangkok.

Unfortunately as great as the poll is I have a high distrust of Thai polls. To many taken by clueless people like you.wai.gif

• Like 1

Suthep would never have took to the streets if the PTP run the country even remotely resembling something other than an absolute calamity and cesspool of corruption. Or attempting to ram through an amnesty bill that was designed to forgive terrorists, corruption in the tens of thousands for the sake of one corrupt, terrorizing mass murderer. A gecernment who broke every democratic principle along the way and acted against the constitution.

They were giver 2.5 years to show what they were capable of and we all saw exactly what they were capable of.

That is why people ended up being inconvenienced by protests.

Had there never been any protests and the government had been allowed to continue, Thaksin would have been PM again by last Christmas and he would have owned both upper and lower house, and if this same poll had been conducted, I can guarantee that the figures would have been at the absolute polar end of the spectrum.

The country would have been well on the way to bankruptcy as well with 2.2 million of extra debt to be paid back by our children and grandchildren at a staggering 280 million baht a day for 50 years.

Yeah right.... It's all Suthep's fault.

To me, Suthep deserves a statue in the middle of Bangkok for what he has done for Thailand.

Love him or hate him in the end it may turn out he is a national hero. With out him the people would not have united just individual groups here and there with out the needed unity.

For what it is worth if nothing else changes than what has already changed or in the process of he is still a hero.wai.gif

• Like 1