Work permit for nanny

I am a British nanny and I've just got a job in Bangkok. It is possible for the family I work for to get a work permit for me or do the same rules apply that they have to have a certain amount of Thai employes for each foreign employee? Obviously I haven't started the job yet, I'm still in the uk.

What are the options here? They specifically want a nanny from England. They are in the process of looking into it but say it's not as easy as they first expected.

For all practises and purposes: workpermit for the OP will not be possible.

I'm not so sure about that steven. Nanny services in BKK seem to be advertising Burmese and Philippine nannies.... If this English nanny and her prospective customers could work a deal through a nanny service/agency then a work permit may well be an option. The customers would be paying big for the privilege of an English nanny though... maybe well worth the hoop jumping though!

For all practises and purposes: workpermit for the OP will not be possible.

I'm not so sure about that steven. Nanny services in BKK seem to be advertising Burmese and Philippine nannies.... If this English nanny and her prospective customers could work a deal through a nanny service/agency then a work permit may well be an option. The customers would be paying big for the privilege of an English nanny though... maybe well worth the hoop jumping though!

Yes, that might be an option.