711 50 straws in every bag? And always Hawking somekind of Promo?

flyingsaucersarereal

Why whenever I go into 711 and get a few sodas they give me too many straws sometimes more staws then I have drinks? I have to always say no straw and no bag in Thai. And when I am getting a sandwich they are always hawking sodas and milk they ask me 3 or 4 times? Do they get a bonus if they sell these items?

Edited by flyingsaucersarereal

The straws are also shorter than those flavoured milk bottles are deep. So I hold the straw next to the bottle and ask the cashier why they don't make them 2 cm longer. Answer: To save money.

thumbsup.gif

On the contrary, from what I have observed if you don't buy the deal, ie the cake with your coffee or the drink with your sandwich. I often see them ring it though anyway and put the extra Baht in the till.

I presume they then do some jiggery pokery when someone buys said item at full price and pocket the difference.

They do as you say though, seem to always offer the deal and do not seem shy about what they are doing when then ringing it through anyway.

I figured the managers where probably ok with it at long as the deal is first offered to the customer and the tills and stock tally at the end of the day, just a minor staff perk.

Of course if there is also some kind of target or incentive on selling up to the deals, then that is also a boost to those figures too.

Edited by kevkev1888

On the contrary, from what I have observed if you don't buy the deal, ie the cake with your coffee or the drink with your sandwich. I often see them ring it though anyway and put the extra Baht in the till.

I presume they then do some jiggery pokery when someone buys said item at full price and pocket the difference.

They do as you say though, seem to always offer the deal and do not seem shy about what they are doing when then ringing it through anyway.

I figured the managers where probably ok with it at long as the deal is first offered to the customer and the tills and stock tally at the end of the day, just a minor staff perk.

Of course if there is also some kind of target or incentive on selling up to the deals, then that is also a boost to those figures too.

This happens to me several times. Then i leave th goods on the desk and leave the shop. The only way to go.

This happens to me several times. Then i leave th goods on the desk and leave the shop. The only way to go.

Strange???

How does this affect you in any way?