Beware, 48-hour alcohol-buying ban in Thailand starts tonight

webfact

Beware, the 48-hour booze-buying ban starts tonight
By Coconuts Bangkok

aL.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The sale of alcohol will be banned on Friday and Saturday as they are two important Buddhist holidays.

The booze ban will be effective for 48 hours from 12:01am on Friday to midnight on Saturday, according to Peerapong Saichua, deputy permanent secretary for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/10/beware-48-hour-booze-buying-ban-starts-tonight

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-10

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reminder, just called the local shop and got them to drop round 10 slabs of their finest ale.

Spoonman's beer auction starts 3pm Saturday wink.png

Nah. normal to buy 10 at a time, gets me a discount and the beer fridges are nearly empty so good timing to stock back up.

Buddhist holidays are an inconvenience for tourists , but on the other hand little or no effect and guaranteed more business for the "mom and pop" shops.

Surely not?

I thought one of the biggest attractions for tourists coming to Thailand was to traipse endlessly around temples before popping off down to the beach for a swim in the clear aquamarine sea and then enjoying a delicious freshly caught Thai seafood lunch at one of those cheap family run beachside restaurants that ever so slightly dip their supports onto the pristine sand. Then it's back to the temples for some more Buddhist culture before dinner and an early night. thumbsup.gif

It may just be me, and forget me if I'm wrong, but I do rather detect a slight note of sarcasm in your comment.

• Like 1

Buddhist holidays are an inconvenience for tourists , but on the other hand little or no effect and guaranteed more business for the "mom and pop" shops.

Surely not?

I thought one of the biggest attractions for tourists coming to Thailand was to traipse endlessly around temples before popping off down to the beach for a swim in the clear aquamarine sea and then enjoying a delicious freshly caught Thai seafood lunch at one of those cheap family run beachside restaurants that ever so slightly dip their supports onto the pristine sand. Then it's back to the temples for some more Buddhist culture before dinner and an early night. thumbsup.gif

... and then, after a couple of hours sleep, get up and enjoy the seedy night life...!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder, just called the local shop and got them to drop round 10 slabs of their finest ale.

Spoonman's beer auction starts 3pm Saturday wink.png

Nah. normal to buy 10 at a time, gets me a discount and the beer fridges are nearly empty so good timing to stock back up.

My boxes always come with 12 bottles, enough for 2 quiet days smile.png

• Like 1