Swim in the moat?

jobin

The wonderful little pharmacy just inside Thapae Gate, on the left side as you go down Ratchadamnern St ....

... yes that is a very good pharmacy. I believe it is run by two sisters.

...Common misconception that it 'was' run by two sisters. Not so. Just good friends. Now one of them has gotten married and moved away from Chiang Mai, leaving the other busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger. She's an excellent pharmacist, and always seems to come up with the very best remedy for whatever ails me.

Does the detail that the pharmacy mentioned is run by one sister, two sisters, two brothers, or a couple of friends really heighten the diversity of medications sold there?

It's not the rat piss I'd be worried about, but all the dog excrement. Have you ever noticed how many people walk their dogs along the moat? Where do you think that e-coli ends up?

If you really have the urge, wait until Songkran time. They do seem to make an effort to clean it up somewhat then.

I've never notice folks walking their dogs around the moat, always too busy trying to keep focused on the road and it's daily madness.

OP, do not be dissuaded by the many naysayers here on TV. Some people look only at the negative, a "glass is half empty" point of view.

Go ahead and swim in the moat. On most days the water is pristine, so clean you could drink it.

Enjoy.

OP, do not be dissuaded by the many naysayers here on TV. Some people look only at the negative, a "glass is half empty" point of view.

Go ahead and swim in the moat. On most days the water is pristine, so clean you could drink it.

Enjoy.

Becoming the master of satire. smile.png

• Like 1