Tourist visa holders denied entry to Thailand and left stranded in Malaysia

I have yet to see one documented case of a refusal for a second or third entry on a tourist visa

Well if you have a long history of TR visas and are using that Sungai Golok checkpoint for your second entry, the odds to be allowed in the country seems quite low...

Anyway, we don't know if the people rejected there were using a double entry visa on the second leg or not, it's just not relevant.

I have yet to see one documented case of a refusal for a second or third entry on a tourist visa

Well if you have a long history of TR visas and are using that Sungai Golok checkpoint for your second entry, the odds to be allowed in the country seems quite low...

Anyway, we don't know if the people rejected there were using a double entry visa on the second leg or not, it's just not relevant.

its very relevant

• Like 1

its very relevant

If people are rejected at the border with a valid TR visa because of their history of TR visas and visa exemption, it doesn't matter wether they are using the first or second leg of a double entry visa... I don't see your point.

its very relevant

If people are rejected at the border with a valid TR visa because of their history of TR visas and visa exemption, it doesn't matter wether they are using the first or second leg of a double entry visa... I don't see your point.

because many tourists on double and triples DONT have all those back to back stamps and back to back tourist visas. there is no evidence they were on a second entry. the evidence seems to be they had just acquired yet another visa. so the cause of the rejection is very relevant

Edited by AYJAYDEE

For the past years I've been living in Thailand during European winter months (November-March). My work is online and has nothing to do with Thailand, can do it anywhere but I like living in Thailand. I travel around quite often within Thailand and rent a house for 5 or 6 months. I used to apply for a triple entry tourist visa as I can't get a non-o because I'm 34. Does anybody know what I should do for next winter?

Come to Thailand for 90-days (60 + 30 extension). Then afterwards... and this might be tough to fathom... go to another country for 90-days.

You can come back to Thailand the next year.

why cant he get another triple next year?

Nothing would prevent this. But if he plans to stay in Thailand for 5-6 months, at some point (< 90 days) he must exit the country. A border crossing may give the impression that he is merely looking to do a quick turnaround, which may lead to the IO thinking that he is 'living' (OP's choice of wording) in Thailand.

IMHO, the safest bet is to avoid doing a check-out via a border crossing. The OP should consider flying out, and then returning to complete his vacation.

P.S. Technically, if the OP is performing his online work while in Thailand, then he is not a tourist. Of course, everyone has their opinion on this issue, but what really matters is the IO's opinion.

Edited by Gumballl

its very relevant

because many tourists on double and triples DONT have all those back to back stamps and back to back tourist visas. there is no evidence they were on a second entry. the evidence seems to be they had just acquired yet another visa. so the cause of the rejection is very relevant

Relevant for what? I don't understand your obsession with double entry visas. The crackdown is supposedly on back to back tourist visas wether it's on a single entry or not. Read the first post : "According to Immigration border officials, the official rule is max one 30-days exemption stamp or Tourist visa and no previous tourist visa extensions."

If a tourist doesn't have those back to back stamps or visas, then he should be ok... unless an immigration officer decides otherwise which should not be surprising as the rules are vague and open to interpretation.

And why were you quoting me in the first place? I was talking about multiple entry non-O visas...

Relevant for what? I don't understand your obsession with double entry visas. The crackdown is supposedly on back to back tourist visas wether it's on a single entry or not. Read the first post : "According to Immigration border officials, the official rule is max one 30-days exemption stamp or Tourist visa and no previous tourist visa extensions."

If a tourist doesn't have those back to back stamps or visas, then he should be ok... unless an immigration officer decides otherwise which should not be surprising as the rules are vague and open to interpretation.

And why were you quoting me in the first place? I was talking about multiple entry non-O visas...

you were talking about more than just non-o's. these are your words: "Some consulate started last few years to be reluctant to give TR visas to some serial tourists and now they are just refusing entry to such visa holders in some border points". and as I said, there is no evidence they are targeting them for the fact that they hold multiple entry tourist visas.

@RTH10260 post #663

You can have what ever interpretation you wish... in my post my statements about De Fact law had nothing do with any reference to Common Law or other systems and it did not mention judges.

It is simply my opinion that when a country fails - seemingly intentionally - to enforce such things as certain immigration laws and rules - then at some point of non enforcement of those laws and when combined with actually facilitating foreigners to use the law in a fashion perhaps not originally intended ... and this goes on year after year - for all intents and purposes that country has created new De Facto law ... And no one who is coming and going using these De Facto laws are violating anything nor are they abusing the system - nor do they have anything for which to apologize. If the tourists are breaking laws by working without a proper visa and a WP, or fronting a business illegally -- these are not the people I am talking about.

The Government of Thailand has the perfect right to change laws and in this case begin enforce of laws and rules again. Thailand is certainly free to do this regardless of the confusion it may cause, regardless of the innocent people put into awkward situations not of their own making and regardless of the huge degree of bad press created for Thailand. It is 'up to Thailand'.

My comments have been mainly to counter the negative flinging of labels onto Tourists caught up in this. But there will always be people of a 'shallow knee jerk mentality willing to lump all tourists into one category of being dodgy lawbreakers who must be thrown out and and the innocent be damned - well because there are not any innocents - because they are not tourists because they stayed too long - according to my authoritarian definition of what a tourist is - damn it'... I call these types 'coots and cranks' whose life is so barren and sodden with negative thinking that being callous towards the plight of others is a part of their mental makeup... So sad - these coots and cranks.

You get a double or multiple entry and leave to come right back in its a NO GO as THAT IS BACK TO BACK that means your holiday winters are out and your condo is only useable for 30 days and NOT that lovely multiple entry visa you were issued back home...

You understand that ALL multiple entry visas if used back to back either by land or an airport can now be refused and very possibly will be ... with all your stuff stuck in Thailand and poss your air ticket home or route out of swampy too

If you take extended hols here and say retired and have a condo your now stuffed if you have a family you spend time with for any more than 30 days your stuffed unless you leave and go tour around another country while out here... yea great use of the time when your here to spend your winters or dont get to see family every year so do a 6 weeker or more. How about your family coming to spend the winter with you or a few months ? they are also stuffed now... think about it you people who think its so great they "enforcing things" they are really are messing this one up. ... or maybe you dont have any family who want to spend more than 30 days with you.. rolleyes.gif

Parties over unless your on a work visa or retirement or a married visa... or a package or 30 day max stay... anything else and your winging it.... ive sent this thread and another to all people I know...

Edited by englishoak

you were talking about more than just non-o's. these are your words: "Some consulate started last few years to be reluctant to give TR visas to some serial tourists and now they are just refusing entry to such visa holders in some border points". and as I said, there is no evidence they are targeting them for the fact that they hold multiple entry tourist visas.

But where in my post or the words you are quoting do you see anything related to multiple entry tourist visas? It's really weird. Do you have a fetish of some sort with multiple entry tourist visas?

But where in my post or the words you are quoting do you see anything related to multiple entry tourist visas? It's really weird. Do you have a fetish of some sort with multiple entry tourist visas?

you were equating multi non 0 abuse with tourist visa abuse

And vientiane is also one of those, I think the 6 months are only to be had in Europe or Usa.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

No, wait

Validity it means it should be used FIRSTLY within those days.

It means it will expire if you don't use its first entry within 90 or whatever days.

At least this what I have understood when I asked last time .

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. Triple entry with 90 days expiration would be a joke.

90 days is the limit to use the first entry.

My consulate tells me the last entry of a tourist has to be used by the end of validity of the the visa. Each entry valid 30days. Intended use especially for when entering by land crossing where visa exemption stamp would only last 14 days. Touristic purpose of course is reentry when visiting neighbouring coutries from TH. I guess the last entry may get a 30day extension at immigration in the country, so something like 120 days in the region based out of Thailand.

A TR will not allow entry past the expiry date, regardless of how many times you enter, which implies you need to use all the entries.

It is not supposed to be permission to stay xx or even xxx number of days, but rather over a period of 90 days you are entitled to travel and return to Thailand x times without having to re-apply for a visa prior to returning. Return on (day before) the expiry date and you get an extra 60 days.

90 Days in country (60 + extension) will negate your multiple entries.

Edited by ParadiseLost

And vientiane is also one of those, I think the 6 months are only to be had in Europe or Usa.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

No, wait

Validity it means it should be used FIRSTLY within those days.

It means it will expire if you don't use its first entry within 90 or whatever days.

At least this what I have understood when I asked last time .

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. Triple entry with 90 days expiration would be a joke.

90 days is the limit to use the first entry.

My consulate tells me the last entry of a tourist has to be used by the end of validity of the the visa. Each entry valid 30days. Intended use especially for when entering by land crossing where visa exemption stamp would only last 14 days. Touristic purpose of course is reentry when visiting neighbouring coutries from TH. I guess the last entry may get a 30day extension at immigration in the country, so something like 120 days in the region based out of Thailand.

A TR will not allow entry past the expiry date, regardless of how many times you enter, which implies you need to use all the entries.

It is not supposed to be permission to stay xx or even xxx number of days, but rather over a period of 90 days you are entitled to travel and return to Thailand x times without having to re-apply a for visa prior to returning. Return on (day before) the expiry date and you get an extra 60 days.

i have seen nothing that says a triple entry tourist visa is only good for 90 days.

you were equating multi non 0 abuse with tourist visa abuse

I was making a comparison. But I still don't understand your point. Tourist visa abuse can be done regardless of the number of entries of the visa. Border crackdown is being done to counter back to back tourist visa and visa exemption usage, regardless of the number of entries. I have never mentioned multiple entry tourist visa in my original post. So why do you keep going on post after post about that ridiculous precise point which I don't even disagree with?

I was making a comparison. But I still don't understand your point. Tourist visa abuse can be done regardless of the number of entries of the visa. Border crackdown is being done to counter back to back tourist visa and visa exemption usage, regardless of the number of entries. I have never mentioned multiple entry tourist visa in my original post. So why do you keep going on post after post about that ridiculous precise point which I don't even disagree with?

then you never will. carry on

It is not supposed to be permission to stay xx or even xxx number of days, but rather over a period of 90 days you are entitled to travel and return to Thailand x times without having to re-apply a for visa prior to returning. Return on (day before) the expiry date and you get an extra 60 days.

i have seen nothing that says a triple entry tourist visa is only good for 90 days.

Neither have I, aside from the post I was replying to. Now if you want to apply this to all tourist visas then I think you are the one mistaken... whistling.gif

Edit: are you wanting to take on the entire TV forum? All I see now is you disagreeing and poking petty points on just about every post... Relax, we don't need someone shadowing us while we're shopping...

Edited by ParadiseLost

Neither have I, aside from the post I was replying to. Now if you want to apply this to all tourist visas then I think you are the one mistaken... whistling.gif

a triple entry tourist visa must be used within 6 months. so 90 days plus 60 extension will not negate it

then you never will. carry on

Glad to see you finally realised you weren't making any sense at all. One of the weirdest discussion I have ever had on a forum. smile.png

to be safe, why not spend a couple of days outside the country on each trip out. and perhaps use airports instead of land crossings. also,

i dont think that 90 in 180 is in effect anymore.

Airport crackdown starts on 12th of August. Also how many days outside the country are deemed enough? 15 days, one month? or does it depend entirely on the mood of the immigration officer...

90 days per 6 months total. .

but yea i want to know the answer to that also .. how many days do i need to stay outside and come back on visa exempt stamp without them putting me in the I-O stamp category.

a triple entry tourist visa must be used within 6 months. so 90 days plus 60 extension will not negate it

Where you apply for such visa makes a very big difference to the validity period. To quote your words - show me the link!

Why say you are a tourist for 30 days not more and issue a 60 day tourist visa you can extend for 30 more days 'idiotic' TIT.

Yes, we are at the mercy of idiots.

For some small-genital male to proclaim that 30 days is enough for a tourist, and excludes people who are acting within the law, is in every sense of the word, idiotic.

However, that he is wielding his stick according to his opinion, apparently without fear of contradiction, he is acting above the law, and in fact claiming to be a higher authority than the King of Thailand.

Doesn't it go something like this? :

The visa's are granted by the Consul Generals on behalf of Thailand's Ambassadors, who are the King's representatives abroad. Shouldn't it be safe to assume that consulate staff have done all the checking necessary as required by current immigration law?

Now we have at that border crossing, a self-appointed regional 'king'.

Something needs to fall on his head.

Edited by TechnikaIII

Clearly they don't understand the new rules so go for the strictest possible interpretation and preempt the August 13 date by a month, in the hopes of not getting fired and reassigned to Nakon Nowhere.

I think that for some, Nakhon Nowhere might be a step up from Sungai Kolok. wai2.gif

Then again the income possibilities dwindle appreciably in nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"Lets be honest about this guys - no more boolshit

There are genuine tourists who will not be affected by any of this, those that come here for an extended holiday once or twice a year possibly over the winter months from say November to January and are issued with a tourist visa, these people should not have a problem

Then there are those that are old enough and want to retire here or those that have wives and or children here and are still working back home (under 50) - there are choices for them to do so without any issues

Then you have the targeted group that don't fall into either of the above, the visa running clan who seem to fall into 3 categories - working illegally - on the run from their own country for various reasons - criminal activity in Thailand - or a mixture of all 3

If you think it's normal in any country going to a border and leaving for an hour or a day every 30 or 60 days then you are delusional - that is not normal anywhere

There are some genuine folks that are under 50 and have the funds to stay here but are going to end up the innocent fallout, their only option is the rather expensive Elite Card

You only have to look at the news stories involving falangs over the last 3 years or so and almost all of them have been on overstay visa expired - the authorities have noticed this too it seems

I honestly believe the next phase of this clampdown (very soon) will be active checking of falangs in locations such as Pattaya and Phuket for their visa status, I really believe this will happen, if you are currently on overstay and don't want to be in a situation were you can't even go outside without the risk of arrest and jail then you need to make a hasty exit ASAP

JMO"

--------------------------------

I started writing my post, but before posting it I read JMO's post. I decided NOT to post mine because JMO has put it so much better than I tried. So I tip my hat off to you, JMO. You were spot on. And yes, we are going to see a lot less riff-ruff, white trash here in Thailand. It is about time.

• Like 1

There are some genuine folks that are under 50 and have the funds to stay here but are going to end up the innocent fallout, their only option is the rather expensive Elite Cardspot on.

This point is wrong and has been discussed many time already.

Their options are at least 4: ED, EP, B & IB

Just read this forum.

There are some genuine folks that are under 50 and have the funds to stay here but are going to end up the innocent fallout, their only option is the rather expensive Elite Cardspot on.

This point is wrong and has been discussed many time already.

Their options are at least 4: ED, EP, B & IB

Just read this forum.

I know the ED, B and IB but what is the EP ?

It is known if those who were denied entry and told to fly back into Thailand would be using their tourist visas at the airport or just getting the 30 day stamp?

I am planning to go to Laos for a second Double Entry tourist visa at the start of August before the next clampdown.

I only have one double entry tourist visa which I am on now, no visa exempt stamps etc.

I have a flight home for November, hotel booking and am able to show cash, will I have a problem at the border, either land or airport?