No more Thai visa runs: Immigration will not let visa runners return after Aug 12

caNT disagree more.thai government created the area for american enterntainment
Because I thought already you would disagree, I removed my post in advance and not awaiting your reply.

Good Luck in finding a legal way to stay in Thailand

reapect

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

i found it already read above

"Now, those on a visa run who are allowed back in will find an "O-I" (Out-In) mark next to their latest stamp marking entry. From August 13, nobody with an O-I sign on their passport will be allowed to re-enter Thailand if they cannot produce a proper visa."

How did everybody miss this?

If a genuine tourist on a long stay gets a O-I sign in their passport how long are they not allowed to enter for?

And what is the "proper visa" next time they want to come in if they are under 50 and not working?

sorry but such an important decision, and all is given is a vague statement in The Nation is shambolic.

Proper visa is a non-immigrant visa, which is possible to get for 90, also for people without thai wife, thai child or retirement.

I know several young people who obtained non-immigrant visa outside Thailand, then after entering Thailand applying for work permit and so on.

In my opinion the 5/6 month stayers are not tourists. I know several people in the building industry who come to Thailand for October to March and return to Europe to work in the spring and summer months.

No way can they be classed as tourists so the appropriate visa becomes necessary.

Bravo ! Genius ! Now tell me which is my appropiate visa if i want to spend a winter holiday in Asia.

Geez, suck it up - maybe you can't get what you want.

As an aside - when did Thailand become Asia? There are many other countries, so spread your time including Thailand, staying their maximum times too.

Unfortunately it is not up to you at all. It is up to Thai immigration so what I say has as little effect as you. No point in getting all steamed up about it. passifier.gif

I still maintain all tourists are welcome - but only as long as they stay only up till the maximum period allowed. It doesn't matter one bit if this suits your plans or not.

Again and again and again.

Which is the maximum period allowed ??

Tell me.

Is a double visa still ok ?

Two entry with two extension ?

How many days outside between the two ?

If you tell me which are the rules, thank you.

But nobody here seems to know.

It is UP TO THE MOOD OF THE INMIGRATION OFFICIER.

If he THINKS you are not a tourist because he had a bad night sleep, you are kicked out even if you are a 100% legit tourist.

What is allowed and what is not ? Tell me.

I guess it will depend on your past history. If the officer is convinced you are not a tourist he has every right to bar you from entering. I am only stating facts.

As to the maximum length of stay we know a TR gives one 90 days (which I referred to earlier not as a limit but as an example) so if you hold a double entry you should be able to stay 180 days - which is excessive in my opinion as most (employed) people get on average 30 days. Self employed will stay even less (unless they work online).

It is not enough to prove you have money as criminals have more than most, no?

Perhaps embassies should request police clearance and tax clearance before issuing TR visas to suit guys like you? That would really drop tourist numbers.

The problem is the following: a friend of mine from Switzerland was refused entry at the airport coz he had many stamps....so he made another queue and the following officier let him entry without a question.

Those are the things I don't like. If it is yes, it is yes, if it is no, it is no. Why should be upon a moody people ?

Nobody is really safe in a situation like this, if you get the wrong guy in his worst day of the year, he can ban you only because you had a stamp 2 years ago. Unlikely, but possible.

Nobody wants to leave on holiday with this uncertainess.

• Like 1

... They stayed with two back to back tourist visas. Retirement visas are not an option, they are not retiring in Thailand. They are tourists enjoying winter months in the sun.

As Immigration said "If they are genuine tourists that's fine". No problem.

They can just get one of those 6 month seasonal tourist visas which don't exist.

Either a new seasonal visa is introduced or they will be forced to do a 'visa run'. Visa run is now banned so seasonal tourists who want to stay for a full winter are now banned.

Nothing states that visa run is banned completely. Continuously visa runs and people with a long history of visa runs are those this scheme is aimed for.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that some people who simply want a long (4-6 months) winter holiday are going to get caught up in this crackdown.

It's not unreasonable to buy a holiday home somewhere warm and go there from September/October through March/April. The full Winter.

The fact that people have to leave the country at all and do a visa run is ridiculous - they should issue 6 months tourist visas for those who come every winter.

as long as they're not Russian

As Immigration said "If they are genuine tourists that's fine". No problem.

They can just get one of those 6 month seasonal tourist visas which don't exist.

Either a new seasonal visa is introduced or they will be forced to do a 'visa run'. Visa run is now banned so seasonal tourists who want to stay for a full winter are now banned.

Nothing states that visa run is banned completely. Continuously visa runs and people with a long history of visa runs are those this scheme is aimed for.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that some people who simply want a long (4-6 months) winter holiday are going to get caught up in this crackdown.

It's not unreasonable to buy a holiday home somewhere warm and go there from September/October through March/April. The full Winter.

The fact that people have to leave the country at all and do a visa run is ridiculous - they should issue 6 months tourist visas for those who come every winter.

They probably will, and it is a shame that people abusing the system will ruin it for people with good intentions. Isn't first time and i am also sure it wont be the last that people with bad intentions ruins it for those with good intentions.

"Now, those on a visa run who are allowed back in will find an "O-I" (Out-In) mark next to their latest stamp marking entry. From August 13, nobody with an O-I sign on their passport will be allowed to re-enter Thailand if they cannot produce a proper visa."

If a genuine tourist on a long stay gets a O-I sign in their passport how long are they not allowed to enter for?

And what is the "proper visa" next time they want to come in if they are under 50 and not working?

sorry but such an important decision, and all is given is a vague statement in The Nation is shambolic.

I think it is confirmed by information at Chong Chom today. ONE visa run only.

You go out and come back in you get "O-I" marked on the entry stamp. This suggests that you can come in for 30 days, go out/turn round and get another 30 days (if you are from a G7 country).

That is it.

Frankly, that is more than sufficient for the casual visitor/tourist.

As for under 50's not working, then marriage is the only option for a longer stay.

Looks like a lot of foreigners are either leaving or will have to get married, have a child or get a retirement visa.

condos will be selling for peanuts soon

Sounds about right they are only worth peanuts.

Maybe this will also keep out some of the criminals hiding here on in/out visa's or to worried to apply in their own country through the correct process.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yo wrote:

" because after 3 years on ED visa is where this could give issues extending it. "

You moaning, just because you scared to lose your pricviledges... Why not to expect it, if it is legal and issued by a thai embassy ? Because someone - let it be you or the immigration officer has a bad day - just think so ?

I'm not Mr Google and you try to show yourself as the knows it all person... so please justify with some legal sources your rants.... ( a note for yourself: you are not the thai law )

Just because after 3 years it can a fact be an issues to extend the visa, doesn't mean i abused it.

And it's quite clearly written in peoples passport who are tourist and who aren't, question is just who are more than just a tourist as written in their passport.

90 days in/90 days out - 180 days in/180 out is far from a new law and easy to find information about. You want me to google it for you?

¨

What privileges are you talking about that i should lose? Again you're making assumptions, just as you assumed that just because i was aware that extending ED visa after 3 years and decided to change for something else, made me abuse the system. Get your head out of your..... please!

You wan't me to start assuming here? Ok then, i guess you have an issue, because you cannot get a proper visa and work permit for the bar which you have in your lady friends name. I guess you have an issue, because you are one of those who will be affected by this crackdown. Get a proper visa dude..... How is that for assumptions?

"90 days in/90 days out - 180 days in/180 out is far from a new law and easy to find information about. You want me to google it for you?"

Yes please. And before you provide the link, check when the web page was last updated.

Cheers.....................wink.png

You are like the relative that comes for a week and lands up staying until kicked out biggrin.png

Jesus Christ thats up to me ..i mean if i want to go home..that should be my business second the welcoming attitude can be half way.welcome is ok not welcome is fine..but dont pretend to be both of them

Nobody said they (you) are not welcome, just don't overstay that welcome.

Hello Spain, Greece, Italy...

Don't you Europeans have enough playgrounds, where you have sun, women and drink?

No visa hassles, and you can work online?

What is it about this country that is so fantastic?

Surely not just the exchange benefit...

Exactly ! That s what i am talking about.

The motto is " are you a genuine tourist ? do you want to spend your winter vacation in Thailand ? don't you have any problem or illegal activity and you come solely to spend your money ? Go away , hated farang ! Go to Greece, Caribbeans, go away ! in Thailand we don't want tourists ! "

You just said that !

Very smart indeed. You should propose it to the Tourism Department of Thailand. "Go away, farang !" slogan

Go home. Come back next year. If 90 days is insufficient - so what?

Unfortunately it is not up to you at all. It is up to Thai immigration so what I say has as little effect as you. No point in getting all steamed up about it. passifier.gif

I still maintain all tourists are welcome - but only as long as they stay only up till the maximum period allowed. It doesn't matter one bit if this suits your plans or not.

Tell me.

If he THINKS you are not a tourist because he had a bad night sleep, you are kicked out even if you are a 100% legit tourist.

This is the golden question that NOBODY knows the answer to.it has been asked multiple times on on a few threads.

What i do know through common sense is that a 2 or 3 entry visa is just 1 visa.

The extension question also is a grey area.

Tell me.

I guess it will depend on your past history. If the officer is convinced you are not a tourist he has every right to bar you from entering. I am only stating facts.

As to the maximum length of stay we know a TR gives one 90 days (which I referred to earlier not as a limit but as an example) so if you hold a double entry you should be able to stay 180 days - which is excessive in my opinion as most (employed) people get on average 30 days. Self employed will stay even less (unless they work online).

Perhaps embassies should request police clearance and tax clearance before issuing TR visas to suit guys like you? That would really drop tourist numbers.

no you are shiting around dude

thats a job for the consulate,not for the guard..i mean its like that almost everywhere in the world...maybe they are keeping to do that to take the 2000 baht from tourists as long they can?

dont you feel bad when your government takes money for services which does not provide?or thats funny to you because farang is evil?

just saying the thai elite visa service proved you that half of your blubbering does not make any sense

? but let me try...

All countries work the same my friend, so no point in preaching here. A visa does not guarantee you entry to any country. But you live on with that dream...

My government? You think I am Thai? I think "farang are evil"? How old are you? Twelve?

Well half of my blubbering at least makes sense - none of yours does.

Are you sure it's not kaobong? blink.png

The problem is the following: a friend of mine from Switzerland was refused entry at the airport coz he had many stamps....so he made another queue and the following officier let him entry without a question.

Those are the things I don't like. If it is yes, it is yes, if it is no, it is no. Why should be upon a moody people ?

Nobody is really safe in a situation like this, if you get the wrong guy in his worst day of the year, he can ban you only because you had a stamp 2 years ago. Unlikely, but possible.

so before crying,lets try with 1 more queue

caNT disagree more.thai government created the area for american enterntainment
Because I thought already you would disagree, I removed my post in advance and not awaiting your reply.

Good Luck in finding a legal way to stay in Thailand

reapect

i found it already read above

I could comment, but that would get me banned and I rather not want that. But the only thing I will say to you (and your other comerades) is get a life, get legal and if you wanna stay in Thailand as much as you say you want, you will find a way, but do it soon.

Respect

As for under 50's not working, then marriage is the only option for a longer stay.

Not entirely true. You can get non-immigrant without marriage for 90 days, with possible extension. A lot of people who come to work here, get non-immigrant from home country, and first after arrival they will apply for work permit. It's not too difficult to get non-immigrant for at least quite a lot of countries. However, you won't get a non-immigrant which you can extend with 1 year at the time inside Thailand and continue to do so.

Also, i am not married, i am 36 and not retired, still i got 1 year non-immigrant O, so marriage is not only option.

Proper visa is a non-immigrant visa, which is possible to get for 90, also for people without thai wife, thai child or retirement.

I know several young people who obtained non-immigrant visa outside Thailand, then after entering Thailand applying for work permit and so on.

Retirees, seasonal business owners, etc. who spend their winters in Thailand and could be hassled with all their tourist stamps need a non-imm visa.? What category? It's not F, B, ED, IM or even O.

If they are coming for recreational and leisure activities with no intention to work the proper visa is.... Tourist.

• Like 2

If they really want to provide the correct visa to everyone then nobody should EVER have to do a visa run half way through their holiday so a new visa should be created. This process should work both ways or people will just end up going elsewhere for their winter getaways.

Maybe they should start offering a new 'winter seasonal tourist' visa which lasts for about six months.

You go out and come back in you get "O-I" marked on the entry stamp. This suggests that you can come in for 30 days, go out/turn round and get another 30 days (if you are from a G7 country).

That is it.

ok I'll have to marry my thai girlfriend. Very smart idea. She's already been asking me to sign a will with her as sole benefactor so ill be able to kill 2 birds with one stone when meeting the lawyer. Get married and make a will at the same time. Brilliant ! I no longer have a visa problem. Yippee

I could comment, but that would get me banned and I rather not want that. But the only thing I will say to you (and your other comerades) is get a life, get legal and if you wanna stay in Thailand as much as you say you want, you will find a way, but do it soon.

Respect

i guess my life is more exciting than yours..but what do you mean "soon".

"get legal" you say how dare you i never made something illegal listen..what the heck are u talking about

That is it.

So are you stating visa tourists have been abolished completely ?

30+30 days is the maximum, so single entry tourist visa don't exist anymore according of what you are saying.

very clear.

The more this post goes on, the less clear it becomes.

We are not even sure if tourist visas will exist anymore.

Tell me.

Maybe that is the next step - set some firm rules - who knows?

As for your friend at the airport, from the 12th August he will most likely be refused at both queues.

I do think there has been a 'knee-jerk' reaction thus far by the land border staff, but the numbers will drop dramatically soon as most of those who would need to do a crossing will have tried and failed if suspicion was aroused.

I think they were most likely horrified at the number of people caught out.

That is it.

30+30 days is the maximum, so single entry tourist visa don't exist anymore according of what you are saying.

very clear.

Actually it would be 60+30 days in case you obtain a tourist visa before "entering" the country, but yes if you just get visa at arrival it will be 30+30, is we can rely on the O-I stamp statement.

Respect

i guess my life is more exciting than yours..but what do you mean "soon".

"get legal" you say how dare you i never made something illegal listen..what the heck are u talking about

Kaobang, forgive me but getting legal could be interpreted as saying in ENGLISH get a Long Term Visa. So Sorry as I didn't know your command of English is not up to par (And that's a Golf Term)

Edited by MJCM

This is still subject to actual proof. Currently I am under the impression you can go to Thailand Elite staff in BKK and they'll run to Changwattana for you, gaining you another 1y stamp while in Thailand. But nobody has done it yet, as the TE program is quite new. Let's see what the reality is after one year.

The actual rules & regulations under which the PE visa you get by subscribing to TE is handled are still unknown to me. I've tried digging, but no results so far.

The TE program has been running for about 10 years from what I understand.

You don't need to do a 'visa run' on this visa at all, you don't need to leave Thailand for the entire duration of your membership.

To get a one year extension you simply go to immigration and pay a 1,900 fee for an extension. The extension will be for 1 year on this type of visa.

Have you gotten confirmation about this from TE/immigration ? That you can go to any immigration and pay 1900b and get a 1y extension ?

EDIT: In the TE thread, an owner of the previous TE card mentioned he'd only get 90d entries, no extension under the older TE scheme. I can dig it up for you.

EDIT2: Got it: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/page-9#entry7839988

Yes, I have confirmation of the extension every year. This is one of the selling points of the TE membership - you don't have to leave Thailand at all while you're a member.

Ok, that's good. And that's in any immigration office in Thailand ?

If they really want to provide the correct visa to everyone then nobody should EVER have to do a visa run half way through their holiday so a new visa should be created. This process should work both ways or people will just end up going elsewhere for their winter getaways.

Maybe they should start offering a new 'winter seasonal tourist' visa which lasts for about six months.

Or, alternatively people should start planning their tours differently. If its 90 days then its 90 days. No use complaining, or wishing it were different.

You could easily spend 180 days in the region, including 90 days in Thailand.

You are like the relative that comes for a week and lands up staying until kicked out biggrin.png

Jesus Christ thats up to me ..i mean if i want to go home..that should be my business second the welcoming attitude can be half way.welcome is ok not welcome is fine..but dont pretend to be both of them

Don't you Europeans have enough playgrounds, where you have sun, women and drink?

The motto is " are you a genuine tourist ? do you want to spend your winter vacation in Thailand ? don't you have any problem or illegal activity and you come solely to spend your money ? Go away , hated farang ! Go to Greece, Caribbeans, go away ! in Thailand we don't want tourists ! "

You just said that !

Very smart indeed. You should propose it to the Tourism Department of Thailand. "Go away, farang !" slogan

Tell me.

This is the golden question that NOBODY knows the answer to.it has been asked multiple times on on a few threads.

Only grey areas here. The high season will kick off in few months and with only grey areas, Thailand will not be an attractive destination for tours.

Tours have their databases with the rules of every country. If Thailand has no clear rules, it will be skipped by TONS of tourists next season.

Wanna bet ?

That is it.

very clear.

Actually it would be 60+30 days in case you obtain a tourist visa before "entering" the country, but yes if you just get visa at arrival it will be 30+30, is we can rely on the O-I stamp statement.

and what about double visas ? what about extensions ? are they still valid ?

Because 90 days in and 90 days out , it would contrast with a double visa. My plan in double visa, 2 months in Thailand (or 3 with one extension), an holiday in Australia (7-10 days), 2 more months in Thailand with the second entry.

This would sum more than 90 days in total, but it has always be possible until now.

I just want to know if it will be possible after 12 August.

The TE program has been running for about 10 years from what I understand.

You don't need to do a 'visa run' on this visa at all, you don't need to leave Thailand for the entire duration of your membership.

To get a one year extension you simply go to immigration and pay a 1,900 fee for an extension. The extension will be for 1 year on this type of visa.

Have you gotten confirmation about this from TE/immigration ? That you can go to any immigration and pay 1900b and get a 1y extension ?

EDIT: In the TE thread, an owner of the previous TE card mentioned he'd only get 90d entries, no extension under the older TE scheme. I can dig it up for you.

EDIT2: Got it: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/page-9#entry7839988

Yes, I have confirmation of the extension every year. This is one of the selling points of the TE membership - you don't have to leave Thailand at all while you're a member.

Ok, that's good. And that's in any immigration office in Thailand ?

Yes it is, I confirmed this prior to getting mine as I don't live in Bangkok, I live in Hua Hin.

I'm sure some of the immigration offices won't be familiar with this visa but they will be able to find out by getting on the phone to HQ in Bangkok.

You just said that !

Tell me.

Only grey areas here. The high season will kick off in few months and with only grey areas, Thailand will not be an attractive destination for tours.

Tours have their databases with the rules of every country. If Thailand has no clear rules, it will be skipped by TONS of tourists next season.

Wanna bet ?

Thailand does not give a *hit. Also if Thailand gets rid of all these visa runners it'll weed out violent criminals but also innocent tourists. I'll be glad to see the boguns go.