House wanted to rent Prachuap Khiri Khan city.

AliasJohn

I am looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent for long term (year plus) Prefer within 3 to 4 kms of the main city. Furniture not essential. Please pm me any contact numbers. Thank you.

John

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

Did you find many places, John? I'm looking at moving there, and want to see what's available.

For ANYONE....with comments in here for John, too:::....

I am told that the prices are very low, but a few "rent/sell" websites didn't show that.

Q's : Where are the good areas, for rents like you...a bit out of town...(low$ preferred for me, 5-7K; big 1- not too big 2-BR desired, NOT near road, need quiet, some green, a few folks around, maybe);

good area for being semi close to things; what are the best restaurants, bars, other things...is there much to do there or see, around the area - nature-wise, etc.?; is it terribly boring? safe? hermit life?

and, what happened with the Internet? gooood?? or, sucks?

Thanks,

TFG

I was wondering if there were any real estate agents in the area. I want to go to the Aou Manow area for a couple of months in starting in February and when the air is unbearable in the north, and need a furnished one/two bedroom place near the beach.

Hi TFG...Funny you ask as we found a nice place only two days ago. We got a 3 bed + two bathroom non furnished house for 7k. Houses are a scarce commodity here for some reason. This house is about 2kms from the center of town on the other side of the train line. There are many seafood restaurants around, my restaurant too of course (Twiggs Bakery and Cafe) quick plug, not many bars, a popular farang bar is Allans Bar heading out towards Ao Noi and the best Italian restaurant in my view is La Vita just up the road from my shop on the right. I think the best thing for you to do is come here and take a look as I did n January and fell in love with the place.

My internet experience so far has been good. PKK is more of a family place and I like it that way.

Cheers

John

I was wondering if there were any real estate agents in the area. I want to go to the Aou Manow area for a couple of months in starting in February and when the air is unbearable in the north, and need a furnished one/two bedroom place near the beach.

There is an agent in town, his name is Michael and his business partner Olif. Their office is just over the train line on Koh Rak Road on the right.

Hi Shepsel/AliasJohn,

Thanks for your replies, Much Appreciated. It sounds like you've adjusted quickly, and you already run a restaurant?? WHERE's the place you want to "escape the 'unbearable air' you speak of? CMai?

If you have any more input, I'd love to hear it, regarding life there, how easy it is for a low-level Thai-speaker used to an area w/ more "English"-speaking Thais, how much farang community there is, etc.

OTHERS ON HERE, I WELCOME MORE FEEDBACK, OR A SUGGESTION ON HOW TO GET IT ON HERE...I"M NOT TOO FAMILIAR W THE TVF SYSTEM, etc.

Thanks again, all, especially Shepsel/AJ. -TFG

Hi Shepsel/AliasJohn,

Thanks for your replies, Much Appreciated. It sounds like you've adjusted quickly, and you already run a restaurant?? WHERE's the place you want to "escape the 'unbearable air' you speak of? CMai?

If you have any more input, I'd love to hear it, regarding life there, how easy it is for a low-level Thai-speaker used to an area w/ more "English"-speaking Thais, how much farang community there is, etc.

OTHERS ON HERE, I WELCOME MORE FEEDBACK, OR A SUGGESTION ON HOW TO GET IT ON HERE...I"M NOT TOO FAMILIAR W THE TVF SYSTEM, etc.

Thanks again, all, especially Shepsel/AJ. -TFG

I stayed at a Thai hotel on the beach inside of the Air Force land. The beach is incredible--not crowded, clean. I can't remember the name of the place but it was the only hotel inside the Air Force base.

I would like to find a rental near the beach with some cooking facilities for Mid February to mid April. Any suggestions?

Hi, Can you P.M. me? Warning, as said above, I'm not a 'whiz' at the TVF system, but perhaps we can discuss more in private messages...I think we are looking for same thing, house-wise...and, there are not many people joining discussion, it seems. Maybe we are in wrong forum?

But, if you want to keep it here, OK. **Questions**:

- Was there much NOISE from the JETS where you stayed, if it is on an Air Base? Or, is it not an active base now?

- Is where you stayed NOT on the main Bay? I hear some people say water is bad, some say it is great! Only BEACH ok, or WATER OK, too? ...I have to check the map more to see where you were.

- How much was the hotel...and, are the rooms very private?

- I have a cat, did you see that other people had an animal in their room?

- I am looking for a place with a kitchen, too...ideally, NOT a hotel, but a house. I will try reaching a rental firm, tomorrow, but I have a dozen more questions about this area! I'd like to ask members here!!

Thanks much,

- TFGai

Shepsel, Since you gave me name of agent above, now I see, have you spoken with this person?

Do you have their number, so that I might reach them, too...but, for the general questions,

I think TVF members would have more info, if you don't have it for me..and, for you, too.

I have not spoken to an agent, nor do I have their contact information.

The area is absolutely quiet, just paradise like.

I have a small dog, and pets were not allowed at the hotel I stayed at, and I don't want to board my pet if possible while I'm away from Chiang Mai.

I would like to arrange a rental now rather than start looking when I get there.

Shepsel, Since you gave me name of agent above, now I see, have you spoken with this person?

Do you have their number, so that I might reach them, too...but, for the general questions,

I think TVF members would have more info, if you don't have it for me..and, for you, too.

Hi TFG. I just sent you a PM outlining some thoughts about the area. Cheers John

TFG----no I don't know the agent at all. I would appreciate a phone number or email address to contact the agent.

Shepsel, I am trying different forums (on here and other websites), as I'm not reaching anyone. I think maybe calling local PKK businesses might be worthwhile, tho business peoples' time will be limited. All of the real estate/rental websites I have seen or tried to call only are in high $ levels. I'll inform U if I get someone good or good place to talk to, pls do same 4me. Thx, TFG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Asia Property World have a couple of hundred houses for rent in Hua Hin and the surrounding areas http://asiapropertyworld.com/thai-properties/house-for-rent-hua-hin

There listings range from large expensive villas to smaller houses a little way out of town e.g. this is a nice looking 2 bed unit for only 12k a month http://asiapropertyworld.com/properties/details-of-house-for-sale-rent-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-city-prachuap-khiri-khan-39595 that might be of interest. If so please use the "contact owner" tab to send a message straight to the owner or agent dealing with the property.

If you can't see what you like now then you could user our "Match Maker" service and the system will automatically send you an email if a new listing is made that meets your requirements.

Good luck with your search and hope you find something nice soon.

Asia Property World have a couple of hundred houses for rent in Hua Hin and the surrounding areas http://asiapropertyworld.com/thai-properties/house-for-rent-hua-hin

There listings range from large expensive villas to smaller houses a little way out of town e.g. this is a nice looking 2 bed unit for only 12k a month http://asiapropertyworld.com/properties/details-of-house-for-sale-rent-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-city-prachuap-khiri-khan-39595 that might be of interest. If so please use the "contact owner" tab to send a message straight to the owner or agent dealing with the property.

If you can't see what you like now then you could user our "Match Maker" service and the system will automatically send you an email if a new listing is made that meets your requirements.

Good luck with your search and hope you find something nice soon.

Thanks for your reply however I have found a house to rent....Cheers John

I agree with shepsel: "paradise like". I lived in Hua Hin many years, but always found Prachuab the better place, at least a whole lot nicer. It is in ANY way much more relaxed. It really is a little gem. Not many foreigners living their to date. During the high season times the place gets now filled with more vacationers, but is not touristed in any way. Hotel offerings are good. Not too pricey at all. There is a lot that you can do around the place. The beaches further south are superb and absolutely lost.

Although Prachuab Khirikhan is the capital of the province this small town is anything else than that. For living there I would recommend to speak Thai, as English is by no means popular.

See this post for report and pics: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754763-help-info-re-prachuap-khiri-khan/

(Thanks for it!)

I have tried repeatedly to find a house to rent. Although it is not impossible, rentals are very, very scarce, and there is barely nothing along the beach.

Anyone who knows a place to rent (house with 1-2 rooms and place for a car) please send me a board message.

• 1 month later...

Hi TFG...Funny you ask as we found a nice place only two days ago. We got a 3 bed + two bathroom non furnished house for 7k. Houses are a scarce commodity here for some reason. This house is about 2kms from the center of town on the other side of the train line. There are many seafood restaurants around, my restaurant too of course (Twiggs Bakery and Cafe) quick plug, not many bars, a popular farang bar is Allans Bar heading out towards Ao Noi and the best Italian restaurant in my view is La Vita just up the road from my shop on the right. I think the best thing for you to do is come here and take a look as I did n January and fell in love with the place.

My internet experience so far has been good. PKK is more of a family place and I like it that way.

Cheers

John

Do you know if there are more places in that pricerange??

Cheers

John

Do you know if there are more places in that pricerange??

You need to be here, any that come up are gone very fast. Best way is to have a bike and a Thai speaker and ride around the sois. If you find an empty house without a for rent sign, ask the neighbours if it is up for rent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lived here for 18months been visiting since 2004 yes its a nice place not too many cheap offerings for rent in town but outside for sure, recommend motorbike and Thai speaker to help

Speaking Thai is helpful here as English is not overly common.

There's a few foreign hangouts but no estate agency here Michael and Olaf are now on another project.