Bangkok: Teenagers set homeless people on fire

webfact

Teenagers set homeless people on fire
By Coconuts Bangkok
untitled-1_0.jpg?itok=hz5ZwrDu
BANGKOK: -- Two middle-aged homeless men were doused with petrol and set on fire in their sleep Friday night in Little India.

Other vagabonds in the area are now terrified to even get some shuteye following the incident in the Phahurat market area of the Phra Nakhon district.

“After they did it, they laughed,” Boonchoo Damkhao, a 43-year-old homeless witness, told the Bangkok Post. “They never had any disagreement with the victims.”

According to him, five teenagers on motorcycles threw petrol bottles at the two victims before lighting them on fire.

Sitthiphol Chuprajong, head of a homelessness project for NGO the Mirror Foundation, said he managed to located one of the two victims. Fortunately the man’s wounds were minor and had healed. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/15/teenagers-set-homeless-people-fire

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-15

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When they catch the perpetrators they should tie them up and do the same whilst laughing at them.

Will there be petitions for the death penalty when they catch the perpetrators???

Fortunately, no one died.

First degree burns can be worse than death...these two victims are so fortunate. I wonder if the police will learn of more victims?

Edited by ClutchClark

The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human.~ Aldous Huxley

Seems this has begun to have exactly that effect on some, any wonder with all the blame game been going about the past year or so... red evil, yellow evil, Cambodians are terrorists, etc etc........ these poor people could have been Indian being the local area or Thai could easily be chinese or any other nationality, we just dont know yet. .... this had better be stamped down hard on ASAP, if its left it'll just get worse the more xenophobic and polarised the place will become, especially with the way some Thai teens are becoming nowadays.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

When they catch the perpetrators they should tie them up and do the same whilst laughing at them.

Will there be petitions for the death penalty when they catch the perpetrators???

Well there should be'

Earth is already becoming over-populated, so why not dispense with the obvious dregs.

A man shot for beeping at a Buddhist shrine, homeless people set on fire for fun, a 70 yr old farang stabbed by a 19 yr old Thai for brushing past him in the street, Thais shooting each other for flashing their lights at them, A farang getting hacked to death with a samurai sword by a taxi driver, 60 yr old farangs getting hit on the head with a sandle by laughing Thais videoing it on their phone, what happened to the smiling peaceful Thais on the brochure?

And more shootings in the news today for 3 locals who asked some girls for their numbers, and ended up shot.

Edited by Deacon Bell
  • Like 1

The pain of being burnt never goes away, if it's 3rd on a large area. It's a gruesome pain; a hellish pain.

I say an eye for an eye. Catch the blighters and put their hands in a wok of boiling oil.

They'll then never forget what they did, and may just appreciate the value of life, and the value of not inflicting pain for a laugh.

And I apply this to any country, not just Thailand. Acid burners in India need the same treatment!

• Like 2

As far as popular tourist destinations go, I would have to say that Thailand is probably one of it not THE most sickeningly violent destinations in the world.

I am struggling to find a comparison for the mindless and senseless shootings, stabbings and beatings compared to any other popular tourist country.

Especially crimes against tourists.

• Like 2

Oh man I've stayed about a month in that area in the past (full of NW Sikh Indians who come here for visit (primarily booze and hookers) and head back with thin-screen TV's, they told me they buy a plane seat for the TV and actually save money as they fly through a certain airport in India and don't have to pay import tax so they can sell at a profit and still have it be cheaper than buying in India). I bet if we knew the full intentions of the perpetrators it would fall under "hate crime" category.

Is modern day culture here coming to the fore. We seem to read lots of this shit every day. Folk here seem to like taking photos of corpses, not just one with a phone camera, a crowd. I have my thoughts about it, and when my Aussy friend died the same stuff. Folk from around the world really are different, sadly.......sad.png

Some mind boggling replies on here.

This sort of incident is on mow way unique to Thailand, nor is it common here.

Of course the guys are scumbags but extreme violence is nothing new and the fabric of Thai society is not tearing apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Today's news too.

Survey shows Thai's mental health is in good shape

BANGKOK, 15 July 2014 (NNT) – Thai people’s mental health is said to be in good condition. However men are likely to have better overall psychological well-being, according to a survey from the National Statistical Office of Thailand.

Yes, but, but....

Today's news too.

Survey shows Thai's mental health is in good shape

BANGKOK, 15 July 2014 (NNT) – Thai people’s mental health is said to be in good condition. However men are likely to have better overall psychological well-being, according to a survey from the National Statistical Office of Thailand.

Yes, but, but....

Can they PLEASE interview my wifes son, just even things up a bit.........sad.png

I guess they learned this Technic from watching news about the method in Southern Provinces. The most formative years are 6 to 15 if they are out of control by that age it is difficult to change them. Ten years in the prison for attempted murder will only hone their skills. Maybe a little equal treatment would make an impression.

You wonder what the Parents do that keeps them from developing this young people. Of course, I am viewing it from a 79 Year Old US perspective.

As a young boy the worst licken I got was from lying to and sassing my Grandmother. My grandfather taugh me many of the principals I abid by today. My Mother taught me respect for women, even if they do not desire it. Just walk away !!