Survey shows Thai's mental health is in good shape

webfact

Survey shows Thai's mental health is in good shape

BANGKOK, 15 July 2014 (NNT) – Thai people’s mental health is said to be in good condition. However men are likely to have better overall psychological well-being, according to a survey from the National Statistical Office of Thailand.

The National Statistical Office, in cooperation with the Department of Mental Health has been conducting a survey to measure Thais emotional, psychological, and social levels of well-being. The outcomes are likely to be used as a guide for national development.

Mr. Viboondhat Sudhantanakit, Director-General of the National Statistical Office, has recently conducted a public survey on national mental health. The results reveal that Thailand’s mental health appears to be in robust condition, receiving 33.16 points which is considered excellent.

Among all careers and professions, the most outstanding groups categorized by career are those people in the health and science field, the group of people in business and administration, those in the social and cultural field and the group of people in law, senior civil servants and skilled workers.

When defined by gender and area, men tend to have slightly better mental health than women, and the people in the urban areas have better psychological health than those in a rural area.

Bangkokians appear to be the most fulfilled among Thai provinces nationwide, followed by the Northeastern, Southern, Northern and the Central parts respectively.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-15 footer_n.gif

"Thailand’s mental health appears to be in robust condition, receiving 33.16 points which is considered excellent."

33.16 points based upon exactly what? Something created in a Thai university, and surveyed ONLY on people seemingly well dressed?

• Like 2

Among all careers and professions, the most outstanding groups categorized by career are those people in the health and science field, the group of people in business and administration, those in the social and cultural field and the group of people in law, senior civil servants and skilled workers.

how about those people in the begging field, the group of people in crime and addiction, those in the wife beating and child abusing filed and the group of people in gangs, slaves and minimum wage?

Oh, so that's all right, then.

Next time I'm on the roads, I can feel quite assured that (according to the article) the non-lunatics who cut me up, overtake on bends, drive through roundabouts like they're not there - are, according to this nationally vitally critical survey, all in good mental health. Sleep easy, dah fahrang.sad.png

The position of the apostrophe in the headline leads me to wonder how they selected the particular Thai they tested?

I believe they are referring to the country, the apostrophe denotes missing characters!

I wonder whether they surveyed the type of kids who like setting poor people alight?

No, they surveyed, people like Mr Chalerm, Mr Surapong, Mr Tharit and others.

Do you remember them?

Unemployed now, so plenty of time to participate into surveys.

I wonder whether they surveyed the type of kids who like setting poor people alight?

No, they surveyed, people like Mr Chalerm, Mr Surapong, Mr Tharit and others.

Do you remember them?

Unemployed now, so plenty of time to participate into surveys.

It is a good thing that the General set out to only reconcile Thais....

Just imagine him trying to reconcile red and yellow farang nutters. Impossible!

Theres evidence of great mental health everywhere in this country-

The bar girls off their faces on Ice every night and stabbing 'boyfriends' to death

The insane drivers (and drunk or stoned taxi drivers)

The people who attack and kill others in the street in broad daylight (taxi driver kills american with Katana sword)

Loss of face for a family is more important than prosecuting a parent who has beaten their young child with a bat

Everything is the fault of evil Farang, and not Thai's

Farmers committing mass suicide

The list goes on and on.... total clean bill of health! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

"Thailand’s mental health appears to be in robust condition, receiving 33.16 points which is considered excellent."

33.16 points based upon exactly what? Something created in a Thai university, and surveyed ONLY on people seemingly well dressed?

My thoughts also.

What are they using as a base line for healthy and non healthy.

My thoughts also.

What are they using as a base line for healthy and non healthy.

The baseline is the crazy farangs on here. Everyone else looks i good mental health compared to them. Just have a read of some of the crazy rants on here. Some people have real issues. Never seen an Thais as bad as some of the worst people on here. On another post some foreigner is calling Bangkok Bank racist because they won't lend him money. Crazy. What are these people on?

Boy, I knew this was going to be a good one ! Well, I have a major in Psychology and then a JD in Law. I found this interesting, but do not believe it based on Western Standards. For the money they spend the average student I speak with is under educated. The other problem is the failure of moral obligation for the parents and grandparents to teach their children self-discipline, self-respect and respect for others and their property.

They are not challenged enough during the education process. How do I know, I do volunteer teaching and have a step-son who makes A's in English and he has a hard time telling me to kiss his butt when he is mad. Two more years will ahve an Electrical Engineer degree and fights learning English as do most other kids here. What the hell is so important about learning English > It is one of the most spoken and written languages.

I wish aall Thai People more success and prosperity, but get off your Donkey and quit kidding yourself, there is a very big world out there !!