bangkok bank what a fraud are they razist?

Hi.

Bangkok bank is number 1 of all banks in thailand, but it's seans to only caunting for thai nationals...

bangkok bank say in a logo - Bangkok bank help you where ever you are THAT IS A LIE

I want to make loan on 2 million baht and want to put my house paper and book as a guarantee can not borrow they say my lady need to have a business, but if the business go good what is the reason so for borrow some money?

They also say i can rent up to 70% of what i had ask for so 2 million go be to 1 milliom 750000 baht with a payment and only up to 7 year with a month fee of 30000 baht. But my wife still have to have a work or business. Even the guarantee are there for the money. so you see I'm a litle angry even i have stay in thailand for 14 year and have same bank for all year. thinking for change bank.

The banks in thailand is only for thai.

So who is racist?

*post edited to make easier reading.

Edited by CharlieH

How is this house owned? If in your wifes name then understandable that they won't lend you money if she has no visible income that you can demonstrate.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You want a loan ,,,,and I presume (you haven't given enough facts) that the bank thinks your property is worth 2 million baht.

Don't know what country your from....but would you be able to get a 100% loan without a job! Thailand came through the property crisis pretty good as they have stringent loan requirements .....especially with a farang being the guarantor ......My wife was able to get a loan on her house (Siam Bank...whom we don't even bank with but do now) with me as the guarantor BUT I had to also take out (pay through the bank) a life insurance and medical policy, also the loan period was good only until I turned 65 (so had to be a short term loan) ....That's just the reality of the banking system in Thailand when a farang is involved.

Get over your frustration....you have been here long enough to know better ...or shouldsmile.png

Edited by beachproperty

I have no idea what you are talking about could you be a bit more clear ?

I think i have write it OK how can you misunderstand?

My written english is bad I'm come from Denmark. but it was i want to rent some money and bank not want to rent me money and i think it caunting all white people....

Edited by CharlieH

They are a lot less racist than Krung Thai, although amazingly KT gave me a mortgage. BB wouldn't even give me a credit card when I had been with them for 14 years! Depends on the branch and if you know the correct procedure in greasing their palms.

Bkk bank rip you off by keeping your money in their account and transferring when the rate is favourable.

• Like 1

You may do better at Siam Commercial (Thai Panich - the purple bank), they were very good handling a construction loan for us of 50% of estimated value of the finished house, secured against the land, 3 million borrowed (land valued at 5 million).

My wife does work mind with an income of 50,000 before tax.

OP, I read your post many times so to understand it.

Any bank you go to, they will ask you if your wife is working.

Your house papers are not enough to guarantee your loan.

Banks have to make sure they will get their money back, they are not in the estate agency business.

And yes, any bank here is to serve primarily the Thais, nothing to do with racism.

Don't get angry and do verify with other banks if what I said is correct.

It's not racism with banks(not just Thai banks) it's moneyism. Banks are the worst businesses ever, they get away with legalised theft more than anyone else, but we have to use them and they know it.

You may do better at Siam Commercial (Thai Panich - the purple bank), they were very good handling a construction loan for us of 50% of estimated value of the finished house, secured against the land, 3 million borrowed (land valued at 5 million).

My wife does work mind with an income of 50,000 before tax.

YES...SCB are probably the best one to use if you are a westerner....

They are a lot less racist than Krung Thai, although amazingly KT gave me a mortgage. BB wouldn't even give me a credit card when I had been with them for 14 years! Depends on the branch and if you know the correct procedure in greasing their palms.

Bkk bank rip you off by keeping your money in their account and transferring when the rate is favourable.

If you mean by the last sentence that they "doodle" with transfers from abroad, you are right.

Had the same problem.

Then I found out that if the transfer is by SWIFT there is a maximum period of 48 hours on working days to book the transfer into your account.

I send a printout of the SWIFT rules to KTB and TMB, and yes, money appears now on my account within 24 hours.

Although a bank may require a property collateral (an asset) against default of a loan, loans these days are mostly authorized against income and the ability to pay back a loan over the period of the agreement. Many do not apparently grasp the second part of the requirement, including it appears the OP, and invariably launch into rabid attacks on the inequity of the banking system. Well my dear, if BB doesn't want to advance you a loan, then queue up at any one of the other myriad Thai banks and try your luck there instead of coming here with all your indecipherable grizzling.

• Like 1

When applying for a loan (i.e. asking someone or an institution to do you a favour) it's probably best to be coherent, and show a calm respectful attitude rather than ranting and calling someone a "razist."

My written english is bad I'm come from Denmark. but it was i want to rent some money and bank not want to rent me money and i think it caunting all white people....

and it's in that i say all banks in thailand is razist....

I think you (OP) have a dilemma.

In your original post, you mention "Bangkok Bank is racist, and thinking for change bank", but in a later post you state "i say all banks in thailand is razist". That does not give you many degrees of freedom.

Why don't you ask your Thai wife's opinion on which Thai bank is the least racist - she should have some ideas?

If all Thai banks are indeed racist, you might try CitiBank or HSBC, as these have white(-ish) management.

If all else fails, you can contact the Royal Danish Embassy, whose consular officials should surely be able to dispense useful advice to their countrymen.

Good luck.

PS fortunately I have never had the need to borrow money from a bank, so I cannot say whether they would have refused me a loan had I applied

Banks have to make sure they will get their money back, they are not in the estate agency business.

And yes, any bank here is to serve primarily the Thais, nothing to do with racism.

It's not racism with banks(not just Thai banks) it's moneyism. Banks are the worst businesses ever, they get away with legalised theft more than anyone else, but we have to use them and they know it.

Spoken like a true Irishman! I agree. All banks are evil but what else can we do???? (That is a tricolour I assume?)))

and it's in that i say all banks in thailand is razist....

I think you (OP) have a dilemma.

In your original post, you mention "Bangkok Bank is racist, and thinking for change bank", but in a later post you state "i say all banks in thailand is razist". That does not give you many degrees of freedom.

Why don't you ask your Thai wife's opinion on which Thai bank is the least racist - she should have some ideas?

If all Thai banks are indeed racist, you might try CitiBank or HSBC, as these have white(-ish) management.

If all else fails, you can contact the Royal Danish Embassy, whose consular officials should surely be able to dispense useful advice to their countrymen.

Good luck.

PS fortunately I have never had the need to borrow money from a bank, so I cannot say whether they would have refused me a loan had I applied

First, HSBC is no longer in Thailand and second banks in Thailand are incorporated and managed by Thais including those with Western links. Try popping eg into a branch of Standard Chartered. 'White(-ish)'? what on earth does that mean?

'Moneyism'? A sillyism. 'Legalised theft'? An oxymoron.

I have never read more crap in my life.... and the sad thing is someone like OP is allowed to stay in Thailand (ok.... a little harsh).

What Bangkok Bank is asking is no different than what a bank in Canada would ask from a Canadian citizen.

You are a bit of a moron to come here and ranting about this.

Get a clue.

• Like 1