Democrats welcome Thai military-dominated legislature

webfact

Do you ever laugh?

Quite a lot when i read the farang redshirts post. You ?

I laugh more when I read the farang yellow shirt posts. Blinders nailed to their skulls, ready with sizzling accusations of anyone who says anything they don't like being "red tinted spectacle-wearing, ear medicine guzzling, apologists" blah blah blah

Amused yawn inserted here.

tongue.png

So be it but the truth hurts too much.. all of this would not have happened if Taksin had not included himself in the amnesty. PTP would still rule.. the rice scheme would still drag the country down and more important the political foot-soldiers would have been freed. Now everyone lost because of the greed of one.

I love the irony of this and will continue to rub it in. I for one love the changes the Junta makes though I don't support them on all fronts.

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They should change their name. For sure they are not a Democratic party. How about the Kiss Ass party.

Kiss ass party is already taken.

Kiss Thaksins ass that is.

Proven by all the trips the faithful MP's cabinet ministers and wanna be ministers took to visit the great thinker.

• Like 1

Why..

You seem to forget it was the arrogance of Taksin to be included in the amnesty that brought this to happen. Democrats never tabled that, the PTP did.

Keep the blame where it should be please.

Robblok, the military has been involved politics here long before Thaksin entered the stage. It was well expected that they would oppose anything that goes against the plans of the ammarts. It's a never-ending cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The coup would never have happened if Taksin had not gone for his amnesty. That is a fact there would be no support for it.

What utter poppycock. The Junta is in power to oversee....but its not corruption.The only stories of support comes from media monitored by the junta

Oh I think it was inevitable once the Democratic Party lost the general election, and PT got in. There is, shall we say, a pressing need to have an administration friendly to certain interest groups in power. Think of it as getting ducks in a row....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Oh I think it was inevitable once the Democratic Party lost the general election, and PT got in. There is, shall we say, a pressing need to have an administration friendly to certain interest groups in power. Think of it as getting ducks in a row....

Cheers for JAG. Hes knows whats about to occur in Thailand.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

pathetic Dems show they are out of touch, again, with mainstream Thais and will lose AGAIN in any election (if it is allowed)

Why would there need to be an election, soon Thailand will have a functioning assembly, with all the right people represented, a benevolent Junta in the background to stear them in the right direction, and the support of the Democratic Party! An election would be a distraction, and besides, it could only impede the steady process of reconciliation!

Why even bother having a National Assembly? Just designate NCPO as the National Assembly with Gen. Prayuth as PM and NCPO leader. No elections required.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

pathetic Dems show they are out of touch, again, with mainstream Thais and will lose AGAIN in any election (if it is allowed)

Why would there need to be an election, soon Thailand will have a functioning assembly, with all the right people represented, a benevolent Junta in the background to stear them in the right direction, and the support of the Democratic Party! An election would be a distraction, and besides, it could only impede the steady process of reconciliation!

Why even bother having a National Assembly? Just designate NCPO as the National Assembly with Gen. Prayuth as PM and NCPO leader. No elections required.

That's pretty much what will happen

We don't know yet if there will indeed be any, or many serving military in the interim Govt, so it is at this point all speculation.

However there have always been retired military and police in all parties.

There is no doubt that the NCPO should remain in charge of security, that is keep a firm thumb on the police as well as the military and also have say in how a reform process goes forward.

What he OP does highlight is the difference between the Dems and PTP.

We have seen the Dems not afraid to speak up, at times being critical of moves of the NCPO NACC and others while PTP say nothing.

Doesn't mean they are always right of course but it does show they are willing to be part of moving the country on closer to a real democracy.

This of course stems from the attitudes of each to individual thought.

PTP are still in the "Thaksin thinks PTP acts" mode where they do nothing, nay are allowed to do nothing without the say so of the great thinker, therefor individual thought has been suppressed, this is one of the worst aspects which has led to the present situation.

Yingluck was a proxy for her brother...correct. Who do you think Abhisit was a proxy for. Abhisit...somebody's else's man, Thaksin was his own man...Now thats a fact

• Like 1

“There has to be a guarantee that they can control the majority in the Assembly,” said Pinit Intarasombat, referring to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), which seized power in a coup d’état on 22 May.

Are these people just putting on some kind of act? A kind of democratic facade? Like the Emperor's new clothes, this Assembly is nothing more than a charade and they're making absolutely no secret of it at all. Shows how far away democracy is from this country.

Thailand was always controlled by the army (and their masters), then political awareness among the masses came along, then things got shaky for the big boys with the big guns and now politically we're heading back to 30-40 years ago. Except they don't like farangs as much nowadays.

• Like 2

We don't know yet if there will indeed be any, or many serving military in the interim Govt, so it is at this point all speculation.

There is no doubt that the NCPO should remain in charge of security, that is keep a firm thumb on the police as well as the military and also have say in how a reform process goes forward.

We have seen the Dems not afraid to speak up, at times being critical of moves of the NCPO NACC and others while PTP say nothing.

Doesn't mean they are always right of course but it does show they are willing to be part of moving the country on closer to a real democracy.

PTP are still in the "Thaksin thinks PTP acts" mode where they do nothing, nay are allowed to do nothing without the say so of the great thinker, therefor individual thought has been suppressed, this is one of the worst aspects which has led to the present situation.

have you forgot we are under media censorship and which 'far right' paper would print anything positive from an ex PTP member...get real Jim

What was inevitable was that once the Dems cobbled together a coalition Government with the parties that had a guts full of the Thaksin proxy parties, was that Thaksin would bring his reds out and riot in an attempt to bring that Government down.

His ego wouldn't let him be pushed aside out of power and regardless of how much death and destruction he caused he must again be in power.

Sure PT won the election but as much with hate inducing lies as the unsustainable populist policy that have brought them down.

We saw that ego again with the amnesty bill where there was agreement through the first reading then when it came to the second and all the changes came to light that would have not only forgiven Thaksin any and all his sins but wiped out over 25 thousand pending cases of corruption up to the time of the bill being signed into law.

Had the Bill been left the same as the first reading it would have gone through no problem.

But the add on's, which to get Thaksins amnesty had to include Abhisit and Suterp made it unacceptable to the majority of the population including the ground roots reds.

have you forgot we are under media censorship and which 'far right' paper would print anything positive from an ex PTP member...get real Jim

The NCPO tries to convince the Thai people to be positive, happy. So what can make people more happy than an ex Pheu Thai member being positive? Apart from the fact that in itself it would be noteworthy news of course rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I suspect they would if there was anything positive to post but has there been anything ? No, not even in the far left media (Khaosod)

As I noted they have printed criticism from the Dems on several occasions, for instance : Democrats blast MP term-limit proposal.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741172-thai-democrats-blast-mp-term-limit-proposal/

Well losing is one thing--but having to get kicked out is another. Who are the mainstream Thais now ??? or are you losing touch.

The mainstream Thais are whatever the military is reporting are mainstream Thais. The history of coups in Thailand shows a l o n g history of "oh, crap, we want our power back" mentalities that are thoroughly supported by the military (note the recent non-action on the lottery corruption and practices. One company, of three, that benefits is military-owned to a large degree, and on and on....). Arrests are selective, enforcement is certain to leave those on top untouched, and it is a fight over--duh--succession. Education reform never discusses stopping the subsidies to private schools -- yes, subsidized private schools who rake in tuition and then state subsidies per student (that is why the education system is a wreck -- it is geared toward never losing a good customer, I mean student).

The reds and yellows are two different shades of corrupt. Neither is justified in what they do. Murdering to demand democracy and killing people with a car and Red Bulling free on bail seem like two versions of sanctioned killing to me. It's just that the courts only sanction one flavor of poisoned Kool Aid....

The "reforms" are a formalized way to guarantee the Democrats more voting parliament members. It's called 'gerrymandering', and is being reported as a "reform" on BP and the Nation. The yellows don't need amnesty -- they never see a day in court. The reds want amnesty -- they never see a fair day in court.

Same same. Amazing Thailand.

Everyone simultaneously wants to do away with corruption and benefit from it. Get over it. They have the right to screw their country up in their own unique way, just like the West, and South, and North.....but taking sides in this is like declaring one clown has better make-up than the other.

tongue.png

Robby NZ. Here's a "heads up" The one word you are looking for is in the quoted post" beatdeadhorse.gif

Well so far the General seems to be addressing the right issues and sorting a few things and people out, the Thais seem to be accepting it and all expats I know seem to think think the army taking over and running the counrty was not a bad move. I watch Prayuth on saturday mornings and if the subtitles are right he seems to be putting the people and country first, rather than the individual. He has a big job to do, it will take time and I wish him well, hoping for return to better form of democracy when the time is right in the not to distant future

• Like 2

Yingluck was a proxy for her brother...correct. Who do you think Abhisit was a proxy for. Abhisit...somebody's else's man, Thaksin was his own man...Now thats a fact

Please post your proof that Abhisit is a proxy for anyone.

They should change their name. For sure they are not a Democratic party. How about the Kiss Ass party.

Still sour grapes Bob ?? After all this get a good mixture of different views, all decent values of course, refreshing start after the aftermath of untrustworthy government.

I see your still wearing your yellow skirt.

Looks better than your tin foil hat.wai.gif

The mainstream Thais are whatever the military is reporting are mainstream Thais. The history of coups in Thailand shows a l o n g history of "oh, crap, we want our power back" mentalities that are thoroughly supported by the military (note the recent non-action on the lottery corruption and practices. One company, of three, that benefits is military-owned to a large degree, and on and on....). Arrests are selective, enforcement is certain to leave those on top untouched, and it is a fight over--duh--succession. Education reform never discusses stopping the subsidies to private schools -- yes, subsidized private schools who rake in tuition and then state subsidies per student (that is why the education system is a wreck -- it is geared toward never losing a good customer, I mean student).

Well losing is one thing--but having to get kicked out is another. Who are the mainstream Thais now ??? or are you losing touch.

The reds and yellows are two different shades of corrupt. Neither is justified in what they do. Murdering to demand democracy and killing people with a car and Red Bulling free on bail seem like two versions of sanctioned killing to me. It's just that the courts only sanction one flavor of poisoned Kool Aid....

The "reforms" are a formalized way to guarantee the Democrats more voting parliament members. It's called 'gerrymandering', and is being reported as a "reform" on BP and the Nation. The yellows don't need amnesty -- they never see a day in court. The reds want amnesty -- they never see a fair day in court.

Same same. Amazing Thailand.

Everyone simultaneously wants to do away with corruption and benefit from it. Get over it. They have the right to screw their country up in their own unique way, just like the West, and South, and North.....but taking sides in this is like declaring one clown has better make-up than the other.

tongue.png

Robby NZ. Here's a "heads up" The one word you are looking for is in the quoted post" beatdeadhorse.gif

No mate you are the one who is doing that and you are doing a very poor job of it, your posts are getting worse and worse you must try to do better, a few facts would help and possibly even truth if you know what that is.

Mr. Pinit's comment followed reports that at least half of the National Assembly seats in the interim government will be filled by military officers loyal to the NCPO. The reports have raised concerns among pro-democracy activists that the military will continue to dominate Thai politics long after it cedes administrative power to an interim government.

If a person cares for the welfare of the nation it will not make any difference who dominates.

If people don't count it will probably be a big deal to others.

When are the whiners going to wake up and embrace a good government instead of insisting on the corrupt government.

Sorry I forgot about the size of Thaksin's checkbook.whistling.gif

Quite a lot when i read the farang redshirts post. You ?

Good to know that I bring 'happiness' into your life! Maybe more than the junta? smile.png

You bring sorrow into my life.

It pains me to see people still mesmerized by Thaksin and his checkbook.wai.gif

How about Dictocrats?

Why..

You seem to forget it was the arrogance of Taksin to be included in the amnesty that brought this to happen. Democrats never tabled that, the PTP did.

Keep the blame where it should be please.

Robblok, the military has been involved politics here long before Thaksin entered the stage. It was well expected that they would oppose anything that goes against the plans of the ammarts. It's a never-ending cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The coup would never have happened if Taksin had not gone for his amnesty. That is a fact there would be no support for it.

Just wondering how many of these whiners about Thaksin loosing control over the country will still be with us after Aug.12 That is when the non corrupt government will start enforcing the law on visa runners at all points of entry in to the country. Next will be the education visas.

"I'm not concerned with the persons [in the National Assembly],” Democrat Party leader Mr. Pinit said today. “I am concerned with how they will reform the country. I will evaluate them based on the interim charter and their policies in terms of reform."

These are telling words by the DEM deputy leader. They are underlined with a sincerity that puts the people first. Not the 7% fanatical red shirt majority. The true majority. The silent majority. The previously scared majority. This sincerity has to be taken in context as well that not a single DEM is in the new make up. Not one. There are Thai Rak THai ministers in it of course. Mr Pinit has left the shadows of bitterness in the past and is on the train to reform and reconciliation. It is not the people in the legislature, but what they will do to help move Thailand forward.

Some need to adopt this selfless approach and see this as an example that had the PTP taken on board before they pushed for the evil deformed DNA scrambled cousin of the Worachai bill we would not be in this mess now. In fact in a way I am glad they did. It was ironically the gateway to reform. To peace and to democracy.

Well done Junta you have down wonderful things for Thailand and not one terrorist attack yet. Not one. Unless of course they are all over Bangkok, but not being reported.

Nahhh. That is PTP logic.

A bitter pill ...an affront to democracy...too many hats in parliament..patronizing militarism.Yes,all true but no ones getting shot or blown to pieces.The bring happiness campaign may fall short but surely better than months gone by and needless loss of life.

Not surprised at all at the pro-democracy activists who cannot differentiate between the three very different scenarios of martial law, interim governments with agenda's set from martial law and elected democratic governments, when they considered what was in place prior to the Junta kicking their lawless back sides out as democratic. Even some falangs from their supposed democratic governments seem to have the same trouble. I guess it is like having your back side on fire and the whole ocean to dip it in to douse it out but choosing to run around headless squawking instead.

Keep up the good work Khun Prayuth and yes a 51% majority is necessary in the interim government to enforce policy until such time as they get it into their lawless heads that their responsibilities are to the country and people first and not their own self interests.

Edited by Roadman

What was inevitable was that once the Dems cobbled together a coalition Government with the parties that had a guts full of the Thaksin proxy parties, was that Thaksin would bring his reds out and riot in an attempt to bring that Government down.

His ego wouldn't let him be pushed aside out of power and regardless of how much death and destruction he caused he must again be in power.

Sure PT won the election but as much with hate inducing lies as the unsustainable populist policy that have brought them down.

We saw that ego again with the amnesty bill where there was agreement through the first reading then when it came to the second and all the changes came to light that would have not only forgiven Thaksin any and all his sins but wiped out over 25 thousand pending cases of corruption up to the time of the bill being signed into law.

Had the Bill been left the same as the first reading it would have gone through no problem.

But the add on's, which to get Thaksins amnesty had to include Abhisit and Suterp made it unacceptable to the majority of the population including the ground roots reds.

"What was inevitable was that once the Dems cobbled together a coalition Government with the parties that had a guts full of the Thaksin proxy parties, was that Thaksin would bring his reds out and riot in an attempt to bring that Government down."

Let me see if I understand you: You are saying the coup was necessary because if the Democrats somehow managed to get enough support in the election to put together a coalition, Thaksin's proxies would have done what Suthep and his followers did. Is that correct?

Cheers for JAG. Hes knows whats about to occur in Thailand.

Intelligent people know what it's about. Moderately intelligent people who read uncensored news quickly figure it out. However some of the people posting in this forum...