Crackdown: D-Day to begin Thursday on Thai traffic violations

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about patrolling the streets and doing some serious work like punishing who drives with the influence of drugs or alcohol instead looking for people who crossing the lines?!?! w00t.gif

They should seriously need a crackdown for sure, but first within their decision makers who come up with these silly unrealistic ideas followed by zero law enforcement.

• Like 1

"He said the crackdown Thursday will target only at 199 intersections because police did not have sufficient manpower to regulate every intersection nationwide.

Of the 199 problem intersections, 90 are in Bangkok and have generated the most complaints.

Three intersections also were targeted in 18 different provinces, including Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Chon Buri and Phuket."

Very obviously not enough police in this country, or those carrying out their duties to the full, at least.

• Like 1

D-Day is an unpronounced attack, as is H-Hour. So Thursday's the day, hey?

Why use a term, when announcing the day, when it's totally inappropriate to use such a term? Stop copying Western terms, if we're not your uncle, back-stabbers! bah.gif

"Three intersections also were targeted in 18 different provinces, including Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Chon Buri and Phuket."

How does one get three intersections in 18 different provinces? Ghost intersections, are these, which link Phuket and the Chiangs?

• Like 1

Second to China, Thailand has the worst drivers in the world. This is a culture that has grown for many generations and will not be easy to overcome. There are not enough police in the country to change their habits.

In Chiang Rai it has to be one of the worst places. It has been so long since I have seen a traffic policeman I have forgotten what they look like. Where are they? Hoping that the army can do something about this major problem. Chiang Rai deaths during Songkran is still the highest per capita in the nation.

Second to China, Thailand has the worst drivers in the world. This is a culture that has grown for many generations and will not be easy to overcome. There are not enough police in the country to change their habits.

In Chiang Rai it has to be one of the worst places. It has been so long since I have seen a traffic policeman I have forgotten what they look like. Where are they? Hoping that the army can do something about this major problem. Chiang Rai deaths during Songkran is still the highest per capita in the nation.

You need to spend some time in Cambodia. They might be worse than the Chinese. Drive on the wrong side of the road, ignore traffic lights (actually, many people told me that they didn't know what the traffic light was for). They make their turns 20 meters before the corner.

When I return to Thailand I get the feeling that the driving here is quite civilized. Of course, that feeling only lasts for the first week.

As for Songkran....Darwinism in action. Anyone who goes out on the road during Songkran deserves to be selected out of the gene pool. I make sure I'm not in the country until May since I realized that many people can't read a calendar and extend the "celebration" for an extra week or two.

Having lived in both countries for many years, I would say the Chinese are better than the Thai's for driving. Though that is like comparing which type of cancer you would prefer. At least the Chinese drive on the right side of the road, most of the time.

And the police in China don't seem to target people for petty bribes like the BIB