American teacher found hanged in Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

Always sad when a person decides to end the life (unless to avoid being caught over a serious crime maybe).

I fail to understand what his native country has to do with it.

You are apparently unaware that many TV posters love to ridicule Americans for no apparent reason.

Been around since.................., so I'm aware.

wink.png

Still, whether he is from USA or Norway, it doesn't matter (as it was for one member) in this tragic event.

Always sad when a person decides to end the life (unless to avoid being caught over a serious crime maybe).

You are apparently unaware that many TV posters love to ridicule Americans for no apparent reason.

I'm very sorry, didn't mean to change this thread into a different direction now. It is as it is. A foreigner, who'd been a teacher here, took his life.

Nobody even tried to ridicule Americans here.

I'm very sorry, didn't mean to change this thread into a different direction now. It is as it is. A foreigner, who'd been a teacher here, took his life.

Nobody even tried to ridicule Americans here.

Correct.

agreed.

Even this tragic event is being hijacked.

Nothing amazes me anymore here on TV.

Members are trying to spin it into that the rest of us try to bash USA, in this very thread.

It is a thread about a very tragic event.

Will the unsecure members here please try to understand this by now?

• Like 1

living in ubon myself and talking to one of his fellow teachers from the uni..it was partner problems...

Please, could you just see it as it is? He took his own life over something we shouldn't discuss here.

Sorry, not wanting to hurt you, as it doesn't matter why he did, what he did. Please just let it be as it is. A sad story.

Discussing why, doesn't make any sense to anybody who didn't know him. Thanks.

Edited by lostinisaan

Maybe he lost his job. Public schools do not employ teachers once they reach the Thai mandatory retirement age of 60.

He wasn't a public school teacher. He was a prominent professor in the English dept. at Rachapat University. (Had an advance degree.) He will be missed.

• Like 1

Maybe he lost his job. Public schools do not employ teachers once they reach the Thai mandatory retirement age of 60.

He wasn't a public school teacher. He was a prominent professor in the English dept. at Rachapat University. (Had an advance degree.) He will be missed.

We're all born, and go naked. Does it really matter what sort of degree he had? Let him rest, please.

Suicide or murder?

Who can tell, the Thai police often find suicide an easier case to solve.

Sorry to write that. But your post pretty much s-cks.Please read it again.

P.S. I'm very sorry for understanding people, who actually go such a way. I've tried it once many many moons ago.

Edited by lostinisaan

We're all born, and go naked. Does it really matter what sort of degree he had? Let him rest, please.

I guess I'm just trying to say he made something of himself in this life, something we tend to overlook when wondering why.

• Like 1

I guess I'm just trying to say he made something of himself in this life, something we tend to overlook when wondering why.

My apologies.

Edited by lostinisaan

• 2 weeks later...