• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go and learn Thai then at a repuable school, and get an Ed Visa

Invest THB 10 million is condo's and get an investment visa

or the one you didnt want mentioned the 500k TE card (less than THB 300/d) and gets you 5 years of hassle free visa's

Get a job in Thailand

Thailand doesnt recognise "common law" relationships and one suspects that aint going to change

did you read what he said.of course not

he does not want to investe or get the TE card,he clearly said that

and he has an income which allows him a not working life.

and he does not want to pay for an ED VISA if maybe in 2 month there is a crackdown on this type of visas(every day schanges,reinforcements..and so on)

The Ed Visa is the way to go. Marrying if you don't really want to do this seems extreme.

says I should be able to afford the Elite Card (which is obviously completely open to criminals who can pay for it)

Each application for the Elite Card is checked and requires approval from the Immigration department. I don't see how it is more open to criminals than any other type of visa.

I don't think there will suddenly be a large number of fake marriages. They are relatively popular in western countries because you typically only need to be married for 2-3 years to get permanent residence or even citizenship. In Thailand you will need to continue providing proof of your marriage each year for as long as you want to live here.

• Like 1

From what I read here this Elite Card is subjected to scrutiney by misinformed IO's (go fiqure,lol)and for 500,000 !!!!!! Sit tight, see what happens week of August 12 IMOP .

says I should be able to afford the Elite Card (which is obviously completely open to criminals who can pay for it)

Each application for the Elite Card is checked and requires approval from the Immigration department. I don't see how it is more open to criminals than any other type of visa.

I don't think there will suddenly be a large number of fake marriages. They are relatively popular in western countries because you typically only need to be married for 2-3 years to get permanent residence or even citizenship. In Thailand you will need to continue providing proof of your marriage each year for as long as you want to live here.

or the one you didnt want mentioned the 500k TE card (less than THB 300/d) and gets you 5 years of hassle free visa's

Get a job in Thailand

Thailand doesnt recognise "common law" relationships and one suspects that aint going to change

+ Marry her +++ & about a dozen other ways to stay.... that are grey areas (not to mention on TV ) but for someone who has come from a successful business , try thinking on your feet about them--its not difficult.

One Example "JUST completely HYPOTHETICAL" If one of the million abandoned village girls having babies would happen to put your name on the birth certificate as the father, I guess you would be looking for a dependent Visa.....This is not England they will not be asking for a DNA....but of course no one would do that or any of the other 6-8 grey area things that come to mind...... as it Just wouldn't be right.

Look at the Elite Card again...300 baht a day.....have you done the math on what it would take to relocate, not to mention having a Thai girlfriend who wont be happy in most of the surrounding countries.

2 young people in a place like Thailand---its so easy to make a living here thewaggaringa or you can view it from the bar stall & listen to how its all going to collapse -- how they hate farrangs...how they have got it in for us.

Good luck on your new start here................................coffee1.gif

The frustrations of your situation regarding Thai Laws and 'defacto' are also reflective in the disconcerting situation in both the UK & Oz. Personally I would go the ED Visa route and then whatever propitious circumstance is presented forthwith.

Obviously, your not a malfeasant and if your sedulous enough, your situation will ameliorate........lock.gif

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 2

As far as I can tell the OP doesn't want any suggestions that do not agree with his somewhat biased assessment of how things should be done to aquire a legal visa. With that bias in mind I don't see how even the most experienced advice will benefit the OP, other than to wish him luck with his own solutions. Ooops.... sorry.... this is probably one of the posts he didn't want posted.... coffee1.gif

I agree. The OP has designed his post to suit his own "victim" mentality.

That said I suggest to him:

Once the situation is clearer in August, consult with a reputable BKK based firm of immigration lawyers. Or if you cannot bear to open your wallet to pay lawyers, go direct to immigration and ask them for advice. You may be surprised they can be quite helpful for non criminals like you OP.

And despite what you say OP, the Elite Card works out at 100K per year which when converted to another major currency ain't a fortune. You say you have rainy day money.

If you can't afford the elite card right now, just get a loan.

Simple.

Edited by zombie nights
  • Like 1

I have been waiting for someone to post something like this as I am too in a very similar situation and see very little practical advice from people actually doing something. Myself, I have come to these conclusions.

I am too busy to go to school and I am not gonna just get married for a visa, the only thing really left are two options.

1. Go to your home country and apply for a one year multi-entry business visa. I have a friend that did this a couple years ago with no hassle, he said he was planning to start a company in Thailand and they gave him a one year 90 day per entry business visa to do research in the country to start his business.

2. Actually start or buy a company. I am leaning towards this one as I don't want to even be bothered going back once a year and I don't want the chance to get denied a business visa. I already have companies in both China and Hong Kong but I don't know that much about the limitations and workings of a Thai company so for both myself and the original poster let me ask some questions to the forum about this.

- Can a company a foreigner owns basically do anything? For example, could I own a small bar, coffee shop or restaurant and have a staff of 4 people and that gets me the working visa? Of course as long as the place didn't take much work and didn't lose money that is a decent option.

- If you open a company does the first foreign visa come without 4 staff or do you need 4 staff to even secure 1 foreign working visa?

Of course I'm gonna wait to see how hard core they get about the whole thing but if you have enough money to throw 500,000 THB for elite status, it would only cost maybe 100,000 - 200,000 to have some business that could hopefully break even every year and maintain your visa.

Now, I have not done this in Thailand so I am in the position for people to shoot my theory down if they have real experience.

doesn't want to pay for this or that, just wants to come and go as he pleases

This is the type pf person Thailand no longer seems to want

You can say what you want about the changes but they will happen

So it is pay up for a ED visa or business visa or get married or stay home ...

The sooner you accept it the better off you will be

Edited by LuckyLew
  • Like 2

There is always this....

Religious Visa Employment

This is not very common but there has been a slow up-tick over the years with evangelists arriving in Thailand to preach. What is needed is a Thai Business Visa however the documents for this would be different to a normal business visa. The following documents are required for the visa.

http://www.thailand-visa.net/religious-visa-employment.html

I have extensive knowledge in Christianity, Islam, Judaism and others but my knowledge of Buddhism as specific to Thailand is quite poor. I need another 2.5 years before I can get retirement visa so figure that this could be the way to go. Also, the chances of a crackdown on this type of visa is likely to be remote.

1. ED visa. This is your best chance for now.

Other options don't work anymore, are unsure, or you don't want them.

Other options:

2. Work and get a non-immigrant-B

3. Marry and get a non-immigrant-O

4. Get 1 tourist visa per year (and take a 30 day extension)

5. elite card

6. live in UK

You are asking for a magical hassle free solution. It doesn't exist (anymore).

I think time will tell, for now on you can't make any long term plans here.

Expect to wait at least until there's an elected government to make new plans.

Immigration rules change following the seasons here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The frustrations of your situation regarding Thai Laws and 'defacto' are also reflective in the disconcerting situation in both the UK & Oz. Personally I would go the ED Visa route and then whatever propitious circumstance is presented forthwith.

Obviously, your not a malfeasant and if your sedulous enough, your situation will ameliorate........ alt=lock.gif>

If I get the Ed visa, will you please teach me English?

Word!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Obviously, your not a malfeasant and if your sedulous enough, your situation will ameliorate........ alt=lock.gif>

If I get the Ed visa, will you please teach me English?

Word!

Agreed, except for the rather painful fact that Hamlet07 wrote: "... your not a malfeasant ..."

Ouch! That's a clear red flag.

• Like 1

Obviously, your not a malfeasant and if your sedulous enough, your situation will ameliorate........lock.gif

Pretentious? Moi?

Get a job in Thailand

did you read what he said.of course not

he does not want to investe or get the TE card,he clearly said that

and he has an income which allows him a not working life.

and he does not want to pay for an ED VISA if maybe in 2 month there is a crackdown on this type of visas(every day schanges,reinforcements..and so on)

A lot of "he does not wants" in there,

What he does or does not want may not be a priority for the Thai government when formulating and enforcing visa rules and regulations.

The rules and regulations are unlikely to change to suit his whims, so maybe he needs to modify what he wants or ... here's a revolutionary thought ... he could go somewhere else where the immigrations rules are fashioned to fit his preferences.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I am not an expert on the marriage route but are there not multiple options for marriage?? Is my understanding correct that a marriage can be preformed by a monk that is only valid in Thailand and there is a more official route that is valid worldwide? I along with the OP might be interested in advise on this and legal ramifications in the event of stormy weather.

I am not an expert on the marriage route but are there not multiple options for marriage?? Is my understanding correct that a marriage can be preformed by a monk that is only valid in Thailand and there is a more official route that is valid worldwide? I along with the OP might be interested in advise on this and legal ramifications in the event of stormy weather.

i havent seen a monk marry anyone. and unless its registered i dont think its valid anywhere including thailand