CB 300f

Nebula

It's my first over 110cc bike. It's great fun. Think a chain adjustment need to be done already at 100km.

Cruising fine between the cars in bkk smile.png

Haven't been on any longer trips yet, waiting for the license plate.

To drive into town was one of the reasons I wanted my CB300F, easy to handle in heavy traffic?

I bought my 5 weeks ago to get white plate as fast as possible.

Getting on towards 3 months now, still got a red plate.

Did you get the red plate at the shop directly when you bought it?

I didn't get it.

Has nothing to do with the shop. No red plates in Bangkok afaik.

You're right. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont do it.

Wait for the R3 to get here.

Take it the R3 is Yamahas entry into the class. Googled it and 320 cc was mentioned, 162,000 baht.

The R3 is a sports bike with a big S, sure 42hp sounds sweet but max torque is at very high revs.

For an old bastard like me, no thanks man, I think the CB300f is more suited for me.

162K baht, are you sure that's in Thailand? If it is, not a bad price.

If you know of a graph please post it. I havent seen any graphs yet, hell the bike hasnt even been released yet...Honestly, people who are taking a stab at the peaks are merely guessing.

After riding an R15 (150cc) Im pretty certain the R3 doesnt need high revs to move. It has literally 40% more HP than the CB300F, plus more torque....and it will come stock with Michelins, so thats 5k baht you can knock off the price right there.

But yes the riding position will be sportier, but not superbike sporty...probably in between CBR300 and Ninja 300 ergonomics. As you can see in the pics below, ergonomics are not that different from the CBR300 (not Cb)

10405543_751327208253389_11914179842279110443058_751327384920038_162893746485895

http://www.cb300f.com/

Here's a site that has a dyno from Honda/Thailand

Thanks for the link.

More hp than I thought (31), I saw a place where they measured 26-27hp for cb®300 and on that site they says 26hp on the cbr250.

For more years than I wish to mention quoted top ends and horsepower have been mentioned. Have little interest myself, do you like the bike you paid for? Good bike personally.

It's my first over 110cc bike. It's great fun. Think a chain adjustment need to be done already at 100km.

Cruising fine between the cars in bkk smile.png

Haven't been on any longer trips yet, waiting for the license plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To drive into town was one of the reasons I wanted my CB300F, easy to handle in heavy traffic?

I bought my 5 weeks ago to get white plate as fast as possible.

Getting on towards 3 months now, still got a red plate.

same here .....

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/dyno-boost-motorcycle-performance-chip/honda/cb300f

worthy or not ?

I'm a noob so I posted on they cb300f forum ....

What your guys think about that ?

Also getting a front sprocket 13T instead on the original 14T ?

I read that I will get a better accelaration on the 3-4-5 & mostly 6th gear and loose like 5mph on top speed but I sure don't care

Edited by LburtonL

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/dyno-boost-motorcycle-performance-chip/honda/cb300f

worthy or not ?

I read that I will get a better accelaration on the 3-4-5 & mostly 6th gear and loose like 5mph on top speed but I sure don't care

Why not CB500F ?

worthy or not ?

Why not CB500F ?

not sure to follow you .....

just looking for a little more .... those two thing cost less then 200$

I paid cash 128 000 baht my 300, the 500 was 205 000 and too expensive for no reason

Edited by LburtonL

worthy or not ?

I wouldn't do it. The 3rd,4th, and 5th gears already go fast.

BTW you will loose about 10kms off the top end making your top speed maybe 160 but at red line. You will also be paying a lot more in petrol.

I paid 145k for a 500F with 800km on the clock... smile.png Whilst the 300F is a great bike for the money, there are plenty low mileage 2nd hand 500s available for not much more..

Having had a new 500 (an X, admittedly) and now a (new) 300F - i prefer the 300 - 500's gear box is very clunky and a pain to find neutral - the 300's by contrast is light as a feather and finding neutral is a doodle...plus the 300 is much easier and lighter to move around...

ok the 500 is faster - but who the hell wants to ride at break neck speeds on terrible roads with potholes everywhere, littered with drivers hell bend on endangering your life ? the 300's 100mph top speed is easily fast enough for me....

I paid 145k for a 500F with 800km on the clock... smile.png Whilst the 300F is a great bike for the money, there are plenty low mileage 2nd hand 500s available for not much more..

Having had a new 500 (an X, admittedly) and now a (new) 300F - i prefer the 300 - 500's gear box is very clunky and a pain to find neutral - the 300's by contrast is light as a feather and finding neutral is a doodle...plus the 300 is much easier and lighter to move around...

ok the 500 is faster - but who the hell wants to ride at break neck speeds on terrible roads with potholes everywhere, littered with drivers hell bend on endangering your life ? the 300's 100mph top speed is easily fast enough for me....

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed those issues with the X's transmission.

For touring I'd take the superior torque of the 500. Its plusher suspension, physical presence and a proper seat (especially for the pillion) make it the better inter-province machine. It will also go 502 km on a single fill with mixed mode (88kph cruising and some healthy 'blowing out the carbon' with 140kph+ sprints).

In BKK during rush hours a smaller more nimble machine can be much more enjoyable. The 500 has the turning radius of the QEII and when you have farkles on (bark busters, engine guards, auxiliary lights, etc) it's stressful trying to filter. The greater power isn't as needed to go fast, but rather to exploit openings that arise.

As a side note, has anyone intentionally invoked their ABS? I did and it caused the rear to yaw to the right. Just wondering if that's normal.

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed those issues with the X's transmission.

For touring I'd take the superior torque of the 500. Its plusher suspension, physical presence and a proper seat (especially for the pillion) make it the better inter-province machine. It will also go 502 km on a single fill with mixed mode (88kph cruising and some healthy 'blowing out the carbon' with 140kph+ sprints).

In BKK during rush hours a smaller more nimble machine can be much more enjoyable. The 500 has the turning radius of the QEII and when you have farkles on (bark busters, engine guards, auxiliary lights, etc) it's stressful trying to filter. The greater power isn't as needed to go fast, but rather to exploit openings that arise.

As a side note, has anyone intentionally invoked their ABS? I did and it caused the rear to yaw to the right. Just wondering if that's normal.

My tranny on cbr500r was very smooth and no problems on finding neutral also no miss shifts etc.

Abs was working well as well.

My tranny on cbr500r was very smooth and no problems on finding neutral also no miss shifts etc.

It's very agricultural. Clunky shifts into gears. Neutral IS hard to find. Haven't had any missed shifts though. ABS works, it may just have been coincidence that I tested it where I did and it stepped out...but not far. Maybe a foot or so.

ABS on a bike is almost a misnomer of sorts.

ABS will equalize wheels spin rate but does nothing of course for your

lean at time of heavy braking & results of that.

IMO What you experienced (the yaw) was not due to ABS (Which I hate & would never own myself ) smile.png

Edited by mania

ABS on a bike is almost a misnomer of sorts.

ABS will equalize wheels spin rate but does nothing of course for your

lean at time of heavy braking & results of that.

IMO What you experienced (the yaw) was not due to ABS (Which I hate & would never own myself ) smile.png

The only problem with what you're apparently envisage is that I was fully upright and traveling in a straight line at about 35kph. I got a hair up my arse to try out the ABS and upon bottoming out the clutch, making the front brake lever one with the bar, and standing on the rear brake the back tyre 'yawed' or 'stepped' out to the right about one foot. Thus the inquiry as to whether others had experienced a similar issue or if it was the circumstances (road condition....my awesomely developed leg (555) strength doing something I hadn't noticed...or whatever).

Guess the scientific thing to do would be to retry the experiment and see if can replicate the results.

It's very agricultural. Clunky shifts into gears. Neutral IS hard to find. Haven't had any missed shifts though. ABS works, it may just have been coincidence that I tested it where I did and it stepped out...but not far. Maybe a foot or so.

Shifting gears on my 500F is very smooth, never missed a gear and for sure is far from clunky.

Shifting gears on my 500F is very smooth, never missed a gear and for sure is far from clunky.

Odd. 2 "X" owners agree on the transmission; those who own(ed) the "R" and "F" versions have a different perspective.

The only problem with what you're apparently envisage is that I was fully upright and traveling in a straight line at about 35kph. I got a hair up my arse to try out the ABS and upon bottoming out the clutch, making the front brake lever one with the bar, and standing on the rear brake the back tyre 'yawed' or 'stepped' out to the right about one foot. Thus the inquiry as to whether others had experienced a similar issue or if it was the circumstances (road condition....my awesomely developed leg (555) strength doing something I hadn't noticed...or whatever).

Guess the scientific thing to do would be to retry the experiment and see if can replicate the results.

Could be that you thought you were perfectly 90 degrees

Could also be a traction problem on the road or your weighting the bike unevenly

It takes only a little weight shift to weight influence the tire one way or the other

So although you felt you were 90 degrees upright & going straight that is not to say you

were evenly balanced or again a traction loss on the road due to sand etc.

ABS is doing only one thing & that is equalize rotation

It has no pull left or right

But on a bike that is easily influenced more so than a car

Yeah go do it again & see

My guess is you will see close to a 50/50 rate

But then again this time you will probably be more attentive to position & weighting

so maybe not

Edited by mania

Maybe it is the seating position, make you use your foot in a different way?

Maybe...or it could be something such as the lubricant that the various posters are using?

Could be that you thought you were perfectly 90 degrees

Could also be a traction problem on the road or your weighting the bike unevenly

It takes only a little weight shift to weight influence the tire one way or the other

So although you felt you were 90 degrees upright & going straight that is not to say you

were evenly balanced or again a traction loss on the road due to sand etc.

ABS is doing only one thing & that is equalize rotation

It has no pull left or right

But on a bike that is easily influenced more so than a car

Yeah go do it again & see

My guess is you will see close to a 50/50 rate

But then again this time you will probably be more attentive to position & weighting

so maybe not

Only one way to find out....will report back tomorrow.

And sorry to off-topic this CB 300F thread!

Only one way to find out....will report back tomorrow.

Yeah you will probably see some of both in any really hard rapid stop on a bike

Just will depend how well you weight & balance + road conditions.

If you throw your butt as far back as you can you will do better.

In any case such stops are good practice ABS or not & I always throw in a few

per ride on deserted stretches.

Have Fun wink.png

Edited by mania

Your rear wheel is not centered properly. Forget the markings on the swingarm and measure via the adjustment bolts length.

My CBR500R does not sway to any side when I break hard and the ABS steps in as long as I am on a straight line. But I have had a couple of incidents where the rear would lock up and the ABS did not step in quickly enough, making me slide a bit. This mostly happens if I put pressure on the breaks in a smoot manner, increasing it consistenly. But if I hit them hard, the ABS steps in quickly. Could be the smoothness of pressure or a bite lean to the side, not 100% sure. Guess I need to do some testing. Gearbox doesn't feel clunky at all, only when I switch to first gear at a speed of 30kmh and up it clunks quite a bit (the more speed, the more clunk).

My CBR500R does not sway to any side when I break hard and the ABS steps in as long as I am on a straight line. But I have had a couple of incidents where the rear would lock up and the ABS did not step in quickly enough, making me slide a bit. This mostly happens if I put pressure on the breaks in a smoot manner, increasing it consistenly. But if I hit them hard, the ABS steps in quickly. Could be the smoothness of pressure or a bite lean to the side, not 100% sure. Guess I need to do some testing. Gearbox doesn't feel clunky at all, only when I switch to first gear at a speed of 30kmh and up it clunks quite a bit (the more speed, the more clunk).

if you are trying to go down to first gear at higher speeds, sure it makes clunks and no good for the tranny.