Will you lose your condo or car?

Bulldozer Dawn

Thailand like any other country reserves the right to allow or disallow entry to whom it wishes.

Your 30 day stamp is not a Tourist Visa it is just permission to stay for 30 days.

It costs 25k per year for a one year non-imm visa. Pay up or shut up.

New harsh laws are proposed for overstayers by end of July:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

Seriously? Is it £500 a year for a Non-'O' now?

Been 25k baht for 15+ years. Please read the overstay link. It's serious now.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the trouble to get a non-o went I got my DL and when I bought truck and Motorbike. Now, I'm back to 30 day tourist visas. We'll see.

Yes, I also went the Non-O Visa to get my Licence and bought a car as I was refused the Licence on a Tourist Visa.

Will be getting a Non-O again when I head back.

Ha, I'm pretty sure that if you told them you only got the NON O for the purpose of the purchase and then intended to go back to a tourist visa, you would have had a problem.

Right there, that is an example of you abusing the system by deceiving the government.

Residents who work here or spouses have the PRIVILEGE of owning a vehicle. Tourists DO NOT.

Having a good cash flow is my privilege little man, now be off with you.

Enjoy it somewhere else because you won't be here much longerthumbsup.gif

Thailand like any other country reserves the right to allow or disallow entry to whom it wishes.

Your 30 day stamp is not a Tourist Visa it is just permission to stay for 30 days.

It costs 25k per year for a one year non-imm visa. Pay up or shut up.

New harsh laws are proposed for overstayers by end of July:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

Seriously? Is it £500 a year for a Non-'O' now?

Says it's 50 quid here . . .

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

• Like 1

Hmmm....just went to the Thai consulate in Birmingham UK web-site and they are quoting a price of 125 pounds sterling for a one year multiple entry Non-Imm O.

Very close to the price I paid and no where near 25K Baht.

Edited by KarenBravo

Hmmm....just went to the Thai consulate in Birmingham UK web-site and they are quoting a price of 125 pounds sterling for a one year multiple entry Non-Imm O.

He is using an agent is my guess.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

In the USA multiple entry Non-O $200. at the Thai Embassy. If you go on line and have an agency get it for you, at least double the $$$

Says it's 50 quid here . . .

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

I have always used an agent. That's the agent's price. Enjoy yourself doing it for 50 quid!

Never had a problem. 13 years of it.

Well there seem to be a lot of people out there complaining about 50 quid. I'm happy to pay 25k and keep my hands clean.

I went to the trouble to get a non-o went I got my DL and when I bought truck and Motorbike. Now, I'm back to 30 day tourist visas. We'll see.

Yes, I also went the Non-O Visa to get my Licence and bought a car as I was refused the Licence on a Tourist Visa.

Ha, I'm pretty sure that if you told them you only got the NON O for the purpose of the purchase and then intended to go back to a tourist visa, you would have had a problem.

Right there, that is an example of you abusing the system by deceiving the government.

Residents who work here or spouses have the PRIVILEGE of owning a vehicle. Tourists DO NOT.

Eliot Rosewater ... WRONG.

You have NO IDEA ... you don't know me.

(ps would be nice if the Mods removed the original offending post above)

Tourists are allowed to buy motor vehicles and the like in Thailand, it is not an exclusive privilege by any stretch of the imagination:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625689-can-i-buy-a-newused-car-with-tourist-visa/

Nobody complaining about the 50 quid. Only people complaining about your incorrect info.

Exactly.

It's £125 for a multi entry.

I've never had a problem, just take the kids birth certs along and ID card copies.

I can't see how being overcharged by an "agent" keeps your hands clean? I just pop into a Consulate, it's done in half an hour.

Nobody complaining about the 50 quid. Only people complaining about your incorrect info.

Exactly.

I've never had a problem, just take the kids birth certs along and ID card copies.

I can't see how being overcharged by an "agent" keeps your hands clean? I just pop into a Consulate, it's done in half an hour.

Sure but you have to leave the Country and you did say 50 GBP.

What you are getting is an extension on an existing visa, not a new visa.

If you are getting a new visa without leaving Thailand, then, this is illegal.

Yes extended every year.

You can get a one year driving license for car or motorbike on a tourist visa.

Actually ... whistling.gif

It depends on where you live.

I was told no to the Drivers Licence while on a Tourist Visa.

The Transport Department were fine, but the Immigration Dept for my local area said no.

They wern't asking for money, nor hinted at it ... just sticklers for the rules.

Yet, I know, in many places they do grant them.

In Thailand, everywhere is different.

Just my experience.

Exactly.

Sure but you have to leave the Country and you did say 50 GBP.

Phnom Penh if I'm over there which makes a change but usually get from the UK because sadly still have to do a bit of work now and again.

You have to leave the Kingdom to get a new visa. Sounds like yours are illegal and I've known long stayers (25 years) to be refused entry when they figured which visa numbers had come from a dodgy immigration official.

Eliot Rosewater ... WRONG.

You have NO IDEA ... you don't know me.

(ps would be nice if the Mods removed the original offending post above)

Based on the information you have given it appears you are not what the authorities consider to be a legitimate tourist.

If you disagree; please explain why

Also, it is true that residents have the privelege to own a vehicle. A person on a tourist visa cannot buy a car; a work permit or other relevant document must be shown

So please explain how I'm wrong....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're not listening, tourists can buy cars, I posted above an entire thread on the subject, all you need is a letter of residency (aka other relevant document) from your embassy and this translates into a residency certificate from Immigration - please, leave it off on this point, you are plain and simply wrong..

Phnom Penh if I'm over there which makes a change but usually get from the UK because sadly still have to do a bit of work now and again.

You have to leave the Kingdom to get a new visa. Sounds like yours are illegal and I've known long stayers (25 years) to be refused entry when they figured which visa numbers had come from a dodgy immigration official.

You don't need to leave the Country every 90 days or to renew if you have a family support visa. It's basically the same as a retirement visa.

• Like 1

You can buy vehicles on a tourist visa.

ER, not only are you boring, you don't know what you're talking about.

Thats news to me; I just bought a new vehicle and was required to show my work permit.

Please tell how a tourist can buy a vehicle

Choose a car, pay the money, go to transport office, show passport with tourist visa, change the name.

I've looked into it and I was mistaken; it is possible. Certainly not a simple as you stated; there are proof of address forms etc. etc.

However, Mr. David48 claims he got the non-o visa just so he could buy the car, as he said he couldn't on a tourist visa.....strange.

Anyway, whatever the case; those who come in on tourist visas and have assets here better straighten their stuff out and get legal, or go somewhere else.

Actually, I'm the one who stated I got a Non-O visa twice for the sole purpose of buying truck, motorbike and Driver's Licenses. I never tried on my 30 day tourist visa. I read a Visa was required and instead of running into roadblocks along the way I went to the trouble of obtaining visas to simplify the process. Even though I'm extremely handsome, I still try to follow the rules.

You can buy vehicles on a tourist visa.

ER, not only are you boring, you don't know what you're talking about.

Thats news to me; I just bought a new vehicle and was required to show my work permit.

Please tell how a tourist can buy a vehicle

Choose a car, pay the money, go to transport office, show passport with tourist visa, change the name.

I've looked into it and I was mistaken; it is possible. Certainly not a simple as you stated; there are proof of address forms etc. etc.

However, Mr. David48 claims he got the non-o visa just so he could buy the car, as he said he couldn't on a tourist visa.....strange.

Anyway, whatever the case; those who come in on tourist visas and have assets here better straighten their stuff out and get legal, or go somewhere else.

Its not really that strange - we've all witnessed situations where regulations are interpreted differently be different individuals.

Purchasing a car on a tourist visa is possible, it requires an Affidavit of Residence, usually provided by an embassy.

In fact I just purchased a car - the Dealership told me it would have to be in my Wife's name as I wasn't working in country at the time. It was only when I pointed out the requirements to the dealership that they went away and returned accepting my documentation.

The short answer is: Not everyone in Thailand is fully familiar with regulations and is only comfortably following the known path. It seems some Thai Visa members are very much the same.

With regards to the 'get legal or go somewhere else comment'..... 'if you don't like it go home' you mean ?.... we've all read that comment enough times posted by, well, we know the character of the people who post those comments...

Another deletion of a number of posts. Please try to stay on topic.

If you are unsure, go back and read the OP.

It is nothing to do with other members explaining their visa status, nor how to buy vehicles or obtain driving licences etc.

• Like 1

I think most every foreigner with assets in Thailand should start to be concerned. If this can potentially happen to one class of non-criminal foreigners here, why would you assume you're immune?

Stop scaremongering...put your pants on an go have some Chinese noodles and chill-out!

Nobody with any assets has been turned away...why would they be. Nothing has changed...all visas are still available for those who intend to use them for their intended purpose. (Anyone wishing to sell-up and get out can easily get a tourist visa or 30-day entry stamp. Assets can easily be sold by proxy as well...powers of attorney can be drafted and used in Thailand to dispose of assets in ones absence.)