300 million baht worth of narcotics seized in Phitsanuloke

Lite Beer

I get tired of these ridiculous "why don't they follow the driver to Mr big" posts. Every single bust is followed up by a half dozen posts of the same rubbish, how do you know they didn't???? Do you think it takes a quick thinking whitey to come up with such a cunning plan? For gods sake change the record!!

"They don't follow it, cos it will lead to their own", Gimmie a break, how would they know that without following it? Might lead to some Somchai who they are more than happy to bust!!

The posts you refer too are merely stating a very noticeable fact. These are perfect opportunities to get to the higher level drug traffickers, why do the police not use them? What possible motivation do the police have for not taking the time to see who receives all these drug shipments? The process is not very difficult the Thai police are more than capable.

So the question is what is motivating the police to not do what they certainly could do? Why do they continually remain content merely arresting the small time transporter? I think most discerning people know the answer to that question.

So we can assume that this Sophon creature is being hunted down by the Thai military dictatorship? These guys will be hot on the trail of the Thai Mr. Bigs once they break from this photo op. Massive number of police in the photo op.

I get tired of these ridiculous "why don't they follow the driver to Mr big" posts. Every single bust is followed up by a half dozen posts of the same rubbish, how do you know they didn't???? Do you think it takes a quick thinking whitey to come up with such a cunning plan? For gods sake change the record!!

"They don't follow it, cos it will lead to their own", Gimmie a break, how would they know that without following it? Might lead to some Somchai who they are more than happy to bust!!

The posts you refer too are merely stating a very noticeable fact. These are perfect opportunities to get to the higher level drug traffickers, why do the police not use them? What possible motivation do the police have for not taking the time to see who receives all these drug shipments? The process is not very difficult the Thai police are more than capable.

So the question is what is motivating the police to not do what they certainly could do? Why do they continually remain content merely arresting the small time transporter? I think most discerning people know the answer to that question.

Noticeable how? How do these bored Jessica Fletchers know how the police follow up anything?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Noticeable how? How do these bored Jessica Fletchers know how the police follow up anything?

Being a frequenter of this forum Jeremy, would you also count yourself as a member of the "Bored Jessica Fletcher" club?

Being a frequenter of this forum Jeremy, would you also count yourself as a member of the "Bored Jessica Fletcher" club?

No I wouldn't, for the simple reason I don't second guess the police and think in my infinite wisdom I am better than them at their own job!

• Like 1

One point that comes to mind: people on here seem to act like "the police" act in concert. I was just up along the Thai-Burmese border last week and it seems the cops/military there are putting their lives on the line to stop the poisonous yaba gangsters, or at least put up a front line so that there is law-and-order on the Thai side. Nothing but respect for those guys. But further down inside the country stopped at a checkpoint and got the impression: "these cops would not put their life on the line to defend the country but are just interested in making a buck". Seems like the former ones would certainly destroy any seized drugs but the latter might ship it on after taking their percentage (don't know if this is breaking forum rules to say so). But certainly not all cops are created equal.

You’re a very trusting person, I don’t know your background maybe your new to Thailand and have not been exposed to the corruption yet. I can only speak for myself and convey my own personal opinion but having lived in Thailand 8 years it is my experience that the Thai legal system is disturbingly corrupt. You can buy your way out of almost anything and I’m certain most high level drug pushers are paying for their ability to operate.

This assumption is reinforced by the fact that the police never follow the drug mules and arrest the higher level drug traffickers; I can’t remember one time that a drug mule was followed and the high ups arrested, not one time!

On this forum there are a lot of people commenting that have been in Thailand a long time, many feel as I do we don’t really know for a fact there is corruption but it seems obvious by the actions taken by the police. A famous quote from Sherlock Holmes come to my mind, “Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.”

You’re a very trusting person, I don’t know your background maybe your new to Thailand and have not been exposed to the corruption yet. I can only speak for myself and convey my own personal opinion but having lived in Thailand 8 years it is my experience that the Thai legal system is disturbingly corrupt. You can buy your way out of almost anything and I’m certain most high level drug pushers are paying for their ability to operate.

This assumption is reinforced by the fact that the police never follow the drug mules and arrest the higher level drug traffickers; I can’t remember one time that a drug mule was followed and the high ups arrested, not one time!

On this forum there are a lot of people commenting that have been in Thailand a long time, many feel as I do we don’t really know for a fact there is corruption but it seems obvious by the actions taken by the police. A famous quote from Sherlock Holmes come to my mind, “Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.”

Wonder how good will be the BIB in apprehending such cases with out the Tips,

probably the rate will be less than half.....

Probably not very good, but the same is true of anti-drug forces all over the world. I don't think there are any official statistics, but from anecdotes I've heard/read I think about 95% of seizures are the result of tip-offs. I think at least half the rest are the result of cops enticing retarded people into committing the crime (so-called "sting" operations). I suppose the rest are the result of good detective work, but I think that even in those cases a lot depends on getting information from the target's competitors.

Been here 11 years, and do not trust a copper from any country. I just don't think they need Johnny Farag to point out the stupidly obvious.

Check out how many 10s of thousand are in prison o drugs charges, and also check some of these gangs estimated worth and see if you still feel "they never go after mr big".

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Oh they know. Police Kernel Somchai!

No Somchai from Nakon Nowhere is allowed to set this sort of bussiness up.

Oh they know. Police Kernel Somchai!

No Somchai from Nakon Nowhere is allowed to set this sort of bussiness up.

Nonsense, so all these drug gangs in prisons are police then?