How is the Thaivisa Bar Doing?

Surprised at lack of information on how the Thaivisa bar in Soi 7 is doing. Any reports on it? I intend to drop in the weekend after next, as I will be spending some time in Bangkok before I fly back to the UK. Will it be worth my while?

We stopped by last week and you could have swung 3 cats around and not hit anyone. I was tempted to do so but I noticed a nearby restaurant owner eyeing off the cats.

The service was good for the customer, the prices good for bar

• Like 1

Soi 7 is a dead soi since New wave and the food market was demolished.

Certainly the new TV,bar is a lemon.

TV. Doess not a bar make.

Only my humble opinion.

The seafood market on Soi 7 and New Wave demolished? OMG!! I used to love to eat there.

What is going up in its place? I don't get to BKK as much as I used to but that is a real shame. :(

Soi 7 is a dead soi since New wave and the food market was demolished.

Certainly the new TV,bar is a lemon.

TV. Doess not a bar make.

Only my humble opinion.

It is a shame that the new wave bar is demolished.

It was a good place for a afternoon beer and pool.

What are going to do with the area?

I was recently in Bangkok and dropped by your lounge, during the weekday it was empty, But it was nice clean place. I didn't try your food but did have a brew it might be me but seemed a tad pricey. But since I don't do the bar thing much I could be out of touch on the prices. Your Staff was nice and friendly. But No WIFI what's the deal on that? Plus you might want to at least have some posting in there from members. Just a thought. But good luck on it.

Reading through some of the forums, I get a distinct impression that Americans would not be welcome..

Are we seated in the "Quiet Area" or near the Street.

Inquiring minds want to know.

thumbsup.gif

ahaaahhhhahaahaaa sorry, LOL and emotions piss me off - no offense yank

We stopped by last week and you could have swung 3 cats around and not hit anyone. I was tempted to do so but I noticed a nearby restaurant owner eyeing off the cats.

The service was good for the customer, the prices good for bar

Three swinging pussies in there and in no time it'll be spilling out into the Soi.

Back in BKK so over to Soi 7 to check out the TV bar.

4pm and the only other customers were some West African gentlemen at the bar, a spillover from the Soi 3/Soi 5 crews.

They might be fine upstanding TV members but not a conversation I wanted to start.

Otherwise the place seemed bleak and sterile, lacking any ambiance.

The beer prices? Would need to be a West African drug dealer to be able to afford to be a regular.

Sorry to say Possum, my answer is a definite No.

Edited by Bpuumike

• 2 weeks later...

We walked by the one in HH....many 60.+ guys sitting out front looking like Easter Island...I said hi anyone on Thai Visa Forum? One gave an involuntary twitch....the rest continued to stare into somewhere....not much sign of life there that night......

You were lucky you weren't there on a quiet night!...I apologise for not answering you as I had my hearing aid turned off..you need to shout up next time!!

Edited by sydneyjed