Hotel pools in karon open to non residents

Dwanny

Hi, I am travelling to karon, Phuket in January for 5 weeks staying in a local guest house. Does anyone know of any hotels in the area whose swimming pools are open to non residents? I have contacted Centara but they want an extortionate amount per person per day.

Thanks, I have googled the location and it is too far away from where we are staying. I was looking for more towards the northern end, but thanks again for replying

Edited by Dwanny

As far as I know from friends living in Karon, the Tavorn Palm Beach seems to be the right one.

Thavorn Palm changed its stance a year ago and no longer admits non-residents.

Hilton Arcadia does at extortionate prices.

I think Centara is the only option (the one in town, not Centara Grand).

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I have been busy emailing all the hotels I know of, most say no for 'safety reasons'. Appears rules have changed in a lot of the hotels since a previous member asked the same question.

As far as I know from friends living in Karon, the Tavorn Palm Beach seems to be the right one.

I think Centara Grand does offer this, maybe quite expensive but you get some sliders etc. for that as well.

I would check with Centara Karon as well.

• Like 1

This will be our 5th visit to Phuket. We normally only stay for 2 weeks and have previously booked into hotels with a pool. This time however, we are staying for 5 weeks and as my husband has now retired we cannot afford the extra £1,000 it would cost us on a pensioners wage. But thanks for your query, we are happy to use the beach.

This will be our 5th visit to Phuket. We normally only stay for 2 weeks and have previously booked into hotels with a pool. This time however, we are staying for 5 weeks and as my husband has now retired we cannot afford the extra £1,000 it would cost us on a pensioners wage. But thanks for your query, we are happy to use the beach.

Be very careful swimming in the sea this time of the year. Especially Karon beach.

Is that pool that diving companies used to use still there?

You had to turn into Kata temple and the pool was uphill from it. Used to cost 50 Bt all day, but that was years ago.

Maybe stevenl will know?

Yes, still there, 200 Baht per person using the pool these days.

Forgot about it for the OP to be honest, but available to everyone. And with divers there something is happening as well, good restaurant, reasonably priced, so not a bad place for the OP. Just a bit away from the northern part of Karon.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

Be very careful swimming in the sea this time of the year. Especially Karon beach.

They're coming in January.

On most days the ocean will be like a swimming pool.

• Like 1

Thanks old croc, couldn't be bothered repeating myself to say I was going in January, glad someone is reading it correctly.

Thanks also to the others who have given constructive advice instead or sarcasm....

• 1 month later...

Had a nice lunch and swim today me and my son at Thavorn Palm nice pools and gardens very peaceful not crowded this time of year, signs all over the place saying hotel guest only even to cross road to use beach says guests only, but was no problem for us... Just parked in normal hotel parking lot walked to pool no questions asked all smiles thank you..

staff very friendly to us food and pool very nice 3 plus hours.

Beer Chang 120 bht pizza 300 bht pool swim swim free...thanks for the info on here...

Oh yes some real nice g stringed russian birds to look at as well..enjoy

Edited by glassdude007