Passenger hit with bottle of Jack Daniels on board Thai Airways flight from Sydney to Bangkok

webfact

Passenger hit with bottle of Jack Daniels on board Thai Airways flight from Sydney to Bangkok

SYDNEY: -- A PASSENGER has told how a fight broke out on board a flight from Sydney to Bangkok, leading to a man being hit on the head with a bottle of duty-free alcohol.

The midair incident on the Thai Airways flight resulted in an Australian man being detained by police on arrival in Bangkok on Wednesday.

According to a passenger who witnessed the incident, the two men became drunk and violent.

“Two blokes were secretly swilling their duty free,” the passenger said.

“They began to argue and a fight broke out.”

He said one of the men then hit the other on the head with a bottle of Jack Daniels, resulting in “blood everywhere”.

“Took a while for the crew to calm things down,” the passenger reported.

Thai Airways confirmed the incident on board flight TG476.

“A male Australian national was unruly and assaulted another passenger,” the airline said in a statement.

“Upon landing in Bangkok the unruly passenger was detained by airport police.”

However, the airline noted the assaulted passenger did not press charges.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/passenger-hit-with-bottle-of-jack-daniels-on-board-thai-airways-flight-from-sydney-to-bangkok/story-e6frfq80-1226995948149

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-07-21

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they will be banning alcohol on Thai Airways.

No, I don't think it will go that far.

I hope the guy gets punished hard though. It is too dangerous to be having fights in mid air.

I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Bangkok once where they actually stopped serving alcohol because 2 or 3 girls were drunk and behaving very badly.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

“Two blokes were secretly swilling their duty free,”

I wonder what makes people sip from their own bottles on a flight where all drinks are free anyway?

"Limits" on what gets served, the crew had probably stopped serving them?

• Like 2

It's absolute thick, selfish, d1ckheads like this who may get alcohol banned on all flights!!

More handcuffs on planes and much stricter punishments governing alcohol misuse whilst airborne?

• Like 2

Handcuff them both, and have three flight attendants take turns flogging them with a leather whip, with their pants around their ankles, in front of the entire plane. Move them from one cabin to the next, so all the passengers can enjoy, after the pilot gives an explanation. Much can be learned from this, by the drunkards. Such as civil behavior, and common decency. And it would be fun for the passengers, who might be bored.

Spidermike007

• Like 1

They really dry the alcohol beverages up after about 4 hours to the point (as in Air France - Paris to Bamako) where they ignore the buzzer for all passengers. This is not isolated and to some degree it is seen on all flights I travel on in economy. Even business class on Thai seems a bit put out when you ask for a drink after 4 or 5 hours on a long haul flight and first class between London and Bangkok was no better.

With that said if you are acting drunk then by all means the service should be stopped, but when your a quite, polite and considerate drunk such as myself then the drinks should flow.

I hope the Aussies have learnt their lesson and refrain from this hooliganism so as not to damage the fine, upstanding reputation Aussies have of being able to drink anyone under the table and still stand at the end of the night.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

whistling.gif Saw something similar a few years back on a Singapore Airlines flight.

Two Germans got drunk and were walking around the plane drinking beer from paper cups.

Theyspilled a cup of beer on a Singaporean Chinese guy.

He stood up and laid both the Germans out. Guess he knew some martial arts or something.

Unfortunately when the flight got to Bangkok the Thai police came on board and all three of that group were marched off the plane by the BIB before any passengers were alllowed to deplane.

Have no idea what happened toany of them after that.

Best in-flight entertainment I ever saw.

And if you want to be the first off the plane then that is the way to do it.

I wonder if that approach works to ensure you're the first ON the plane as well!

Love it.....we Australians have some great tourists travelling the globe.....those coming to Thailand and Bali especially......bloody <deleted>.....nothing unusual at all....can't understand what the fuss is all about!..............

Have a drink or two and enjoy if you drink alcohol, what's the point of knocking back alcohol for the sake of it--it does become an obsession for some, some people do not know when to stop, suppose they drink as much as possible because it's in with their ticket price. (get it while you can style).

Marked drop in orders of alcohol on budget airlines where it is priced.

What is it with these Auzzies ? They just couldn't give a "castlemaine" 4X " about the other people on board hey ? Any other law abiding and civilized fella would have waited until at least they got in the taxi and then coshed the other bloke. I bet the bottle was empty too....not wanting to waste a drop !

• Like 1

Plastic glasses were used a lot in troublesome pubs. Maybe they should sell the alcohol in plastic bottles on flights wink.png

Very good idea...... you should Copyright it.. unfortunately you can't patent it.

Duty free beers and spirits sold in plastic bottles is an excellent idea... and you suggested it here.

However, I haven't looked to see if it has been suggested before.

THAI have been getting more and more tight with the booze anyway. Now the ROP mileage awards are following suit.

These guys were probably drinking the DF as the THAI service has become so poor (they used to be so good).

But too many things to go wrong once fights start and we've had enough air disasters recently! Ban 'em.

Now they will be banning alcohol on Thai Airways.

No, I don't think it will go that far.

I hope the guy gets punished hard though. It is too dangerous to be having fights in mid air.

I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Bangkok once where they actually stopped serving alcohol because 2 or 3 girls were drunk and behaving very badly.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't know why that all Duty Free booze is only available at point of arrival....its been a pain in the butt for years with yobos from everywhere getting drunk...is it such a hard thing to do for passengers to order their booze at departure point and pick up at arrival....don't think it would be too hard....dividing the profit at both ends would be a real simple thing to do...maybe they have not heard of the internet