Get down and give me 20: Tough punishment for schoolboy traffic violators

Jonathan Fairfield

Get down and give me 20: Tough punishment for schoolboy traffic violators

10255120_1431883613722876_13981544158288

BANGKOK:-- Following the news of the crackdown on traffic violators in Thailand, it seems the authorities really do mean business.

Today, a traffic police punished two school boys who violated traffic rules by ordering them to do push-ups in the middle of the road in the Bang Khen area of Bangkok.

The picture above has been shared through various social network outlets in Thailand and has received largely positive comments among Thai people who have seen the funny side of the incident.

Source: Thelionnews

tvn.png
-- 2014-07-23

• Like 1

I wonder if the violation was riding without a licence blink.png

Noooooo license, driving under age, modified machine, who knows. BUT, nobody cares about anything here, so, seems must go with the daft flow.............coffee1.gif

At 13 years old i got 3 months detention center and 1 endorsement on the licence i did not have for riding without, The endorsement expired 2 months after i got my licence at 16 rolleyes.gif

Would much rather have done 20 pushups.

• Like 1

Noooooo license, driving under age, modified machine, who knows. BUT, nobody cares about anything here, so, seems must go with the daft flow.............coffee1.gif

At 13 years old i got 3 months detention center and 1 endorsement on the licence i did not have for riding without, The endorsement expired 2 months after i got my licence at 16 rolleyes.gif

Would much rather have done 20 pushups.

Heeeeeeey, I got the same at 15................thumbsup.gif

It's certainly no laughing matter, I don't know what the road violation was, but these schoolboys are one of the reasons for Thailand having so many road fatalities, and they probably do not have a licence.

Chunky buns on the right doesn't look capable of 20. Too many cheesy snacks me thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

... and the slight one on the left looks as if he is enjoying the 'punishment'. biggrin.png

Perhaps a little dangerous initially but OK once the front line of cars were halted. Well done traffic officer.

Cop really wasn't thinking about the traffic jam this little stunt generated.....

yes, nor did he account for the mindset of these kids: these two have now become heroes for their peers with their pictures on the internet. I believe there will be many more kids trying to achieve the same...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder if the violation was riding without a licence alt=blink.png>

Noooooo license, driving under age, modified machine, who knows. BUT, nobody cares about anything here, so, seems must go with the daft flow.............coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

It's certainly no laughing matter, I don't know what the road violation was, but these schoolboys are one of the reasons for Thailand having so many road fatalities, and they probably do not have a licence.

Not a crash helmet in sight!!!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Noooooo license, driving under age, modified machine, who knows. BUT, nobody cares about anything here, so, seems must go with the daft flow.............coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

I don't care if they don't wear crash helmets, they can only harm themselves, not me.

Look harder

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cop really wasn't thinking about the traffic jam this little stunt generated.....

yes, nor did he account for the mindset of these kids: these two have now become heroes for their peers with their pictures on the internet. I believe there will be many more kids trying to achieve the same...

Are we about to be subjected to the latest social media craze. Push ups on the road on the beach at the shopping mall on the safety railing on the high rise, on the top of the temple, on a moving scooter!

A safer location would have been preferable.

Tough punishment!? 20 years in the army, received cartloads in training, sometimes completely submeresed in a water ditch. I also dished out thousands as a Physical training Instructor. All part of character building in the giving and receiving.

I don't think the internet generation, worldwide, know the meaning of the word tough.

Get them off their motorcycles and on to bicycles for a month and don't let them back on until they have had driving lessons and a test - and make them wear the crash helmets which are conspicuous by their absence in the picture.

Assuming, that is, they are old enough to drive (15) - which appears debatable, judging by their appearance.

Get them off their motorcycles and on to bicycles for a month and don't let them back on until they have had driving lessons and a test - and make them wear the crash helmets which are conspicuous by their absence in the picture.

Assuming, that is, they are old enough to drive (15) - which appears debatable, judging by their appearance.

Why can't anyone see the helmet on the handle bar on the bike nearest? It's the same colour - full face proper helmet.