Rice cooker

erpan

Got to renew my findings/thinking's...

No idea why but we had to buy a new Rice Cooker and water Jug yesterday evening.......... the old one's work perfectly ? but so say not good as 11 years old !! = far to much electric used blink.pngfacepalm.gif ..

So the Rice Cooker is one of these new fangled multi things, and NO rubber feet, and is very easy to slide,

So Yes 100% buy some felt or rubber stick on feet or a mat or tray to put it on....... [got some somewhere can't find so must drive down at 11am when they open to the 20 baht Shop a few Villages away and buy another pack]

Bit different... so say we have to buy a new deep fat fryer, again the only reason is this one is 11 years old........ so what is this No oil Air Fryers ?? any good or a latest gimmick ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my Hitachi for stews and soups because I can set the timer (I'm old and forget when I'm cooking). For rice, my small Toshiba, it has a very thick pot and you can set it to start in the morning so fresh rice for breakfast. I've never found a better rice cooker RC-5MM. I cook all the rice for the Thais at work. Max is 3 cups. Around 2000 baht at Lotus.

My 400 baht rice cooker has been used for pasta sauce, ribs, bratwurst and other things. Doesn't cook much rice since there are plenty of places that will make it much better than I could, and no dish washing, all around my house.

After 5 years of use I now find that it does not have rubber feet and will be forced to buy a new one before it kills me.sad.png

I used to think like that until the new generation of rice cookers came out. They have a computer that adjusts cooking time to moisture content. That and my knowledge of when the rice was harvested. If new less water if old more water. I have three rice cookers operating in my kitchen now and they all have plastic bottoms and no rubber feet. Although I have trained my dog to pee once a week where the house ground wire is earthed outside.

Only occasionally at expensive Japanese restaurants is the rice better than mine at home and never when I'm using new harvest jasmine rice from Surin.

No idea why but we had to buy a new Rice Cooker and water Jug yesterday evening.......... the old one's work perfectly ? but so say not good as 11 years old !! = far to much electric used blink.pngfacepalm.gif ..

So the Rice Cooker is one of these new fangled multi things, and NO rubber feet, and is very easy to slide,

So Yes 100% buy some felt or rubber stick on feet or a mat or tray to put it on....... [got some somewhere can't find so must drive down at 11am when they open to the 20 baht Shop a few Villages away and buy another pack]

Bit different... so say we have to buy a new deep fat fryer, again the only reason is this one is 11 years old........ so what is this No oil Air Fryers ?? any good or a latest gimmick ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729230-philips-air-fryer/

Rule #1 for software and rice cookers:

"If it works, don't upgrade it"

if you still, after all this, want rubber feet on your cooker, but can't find, or decide upon which ones:

buy instead a big tube of Silastic, and make them.

If you are serious, then buy the Silastic type used for binding rooftiles and gutters, as it is much firmer and better-resists being peeled off when the next time you dead-drag the cooker along the cooktop instead of lifting it.

Rule #1 for software and rice cookers:

"If it works, don't upgrade it"

There have been some improvements in rice cookers in the last 100 years as there have been improvements in software, computers and automobiles. Are you still using MS DOS and Word Perfect and driving a Model T?