Nissan Navara Unladen Weight

Probably been talked about before but I have just fitted a Carryboy on the back of my D cab Nissan Navara. So to keep within the law I have just been to the motor department to pay my annual tax and the increase for the Carryboy. To my amazement my pickup is now over 250 kgs over the maximum allowed unladen weight so I was refused tax on the Carryboy. Overestimating the weight of the Carryboy at 100kgs that means the pickup weighed more than 1850kgs before the Carryboy. Here lies the problem, the unladen weight in the Blue book states that it should weigh 1550kgs and with a Carryboy added the maximum unladen weight I believe is supposed to be 1700kgs and my pickup weighs 1950kgs. If I can reduce the weight of the car by 250kgs then they will tax the car to include the Carryboy. Even if I forget I paid 39000 Baht for the Carryboy and take it off the car would still be overweight. If I strip the car down i.e. take off the rear bumber, remove the spare wheel and bracket and so and so on I doubt weather or not I could get rid of 250kgs. I believe I have been mistakenly been sold a pickup made for export to a war torn country and the extra weight is the bombproof floor. Has anyone got any ideas how I can reduce the weight, it was weighed with the fuel tank only one quarter full.

Or is it just a case of Mai Pen Rai and forget about it, is that what everyone else does?

first I have heard of this. I see lots of carryboys around TH. Blue book seems wrong - like they put it in for a single cab small version or something? the weight of the DC is 1850kgs same with the current new model.

is there a huge difference in the tax?

edit - the single cab weight is 1500 kgs.

Edited by bkkjames

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

first I have heard of this. I see lots of carryboys around TH. Blue book seems wrong - like they put it in for a single cab small version or something? the weight of the DC is 1850kgs same with the current new model.

Checked with Nissan and my pickup is a king cab which is 1872 kg add about 75kg for the carryboy and you have about 1950kg , blue book says 1550kg.

Nissan has got the answer, take it to Chom Thong Transport Ministry (I live in Hang Dong) and apparently they do not worry about minor details. So I will try that tomorrow. Have managed to reduce the weight by only about 70kg and I only have the rear bumper to take off so there is no chance to reduce the weight by 250kg.

Checked with Nissan and my pickup is a king cab which is 1872 kg add about 75kg for the carryboy and you have about 1950kg , blue book says 1550kg.

Nissan has got the answer, take it to Chom Thong Transport Ministry (I live in Hang Dong) and apparently they do not worry about minor details. So I will try that tomorrow. Have managed to reduce the weight by only about 70kg and I only have the rear bumper to take off so there is no chance to reduce the weight by 250kg.

Still not sure why your blue book has wrong weight.. I would sort that out

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can't read model in blue book and I asked my Thai girlfriend to read what model it states in the blue book but I got the usual mumbled response.

so we are going to Chom Thong today to see if we can get the carryboy taxed. Will return to TV later

Can't read model in blue book and I asked my Thai girlfriend to read what model it states in the blue book but I got the usual mumbled response.

so we are going to Chom Thong today to see if we can get the carryboy taxed. Will return to TV later

ok good luck - I would still sort the blue book issue first - what will happen down the road if you go to sell it and it's not correct?

My theory also at the moment, car first registered with Nissan dealership to keep sales figures up so I guess they registered it as a single cab to keep costs down. Travelled to Chom Thong today and wasted my time as they would not bend the rules. Next thing is that the guy at Nissan who organised the carryboy is to come with us to the ministry so he can get the weight down. One or two ways that can be done by lifting the car by the bumpers while on the weighbridge or taking a few crowbars to lift the weighbridge slightly to get rid of about 300kgs, or give the right guy a few hundred baht. That still leaves the problem of the unladen weight in the blue book. I told my girlfriend that by now if this had happened in my home country that I would have had my hands around someone's throat by now.

Are you the first owner of the Truck? Meaning if you are (or not) I would be going back to wherever it came from and get on them like a rash until it's sorted.

I saw the pickup in the Nissan showroom and as I was not prepared to wait 3 months to order a new one they agreed to sell me the showroom model. They told me technically it was not new and was registered to the dealership and had 100km on the clock. That did not bother me untill I had to wait about 3 months for the blue book. Would anyone have noticed that the unladen weight in the book was wrong, if I had not gone for the carryboy, the overweight problem would never had come up probably even if I sold it as to my knowledge they do not weigh cars when the ownership changes

Are you the first owner of the Truck? Meaning if you are (or not) I would be going back to wherever it came from and get on them like a rash until it's sorted.

I saw the pickup in the Nissan showroom and as I was not prepared to wait 3 months to order a new one they agreed to sell me the showroom model. They told me technically it was not new and was registered to the dealership and had 100km on the clock. That did not bother me untill I had to wait about 3 months for the blue book. Would anyone have noticed that the unladen weight in the book was wrong, if I had not gone for the carryboy, the overweight problem would never had come up probably even if I sold it as to my knowledge they do not weigh cars when the ownership changes

Yea, never gave it a second look - one can only assume they sent you a correct book - I would drive back there to where you got it and give them an earful until they provide you with the proper one.

Reminds me when I was doing the finance on mine - all the records clearly stated 67k on it including oil change tags, service records, the finance guy at T...co sends a copy of the finance papers to the house later with 80k written down. He didn't go out to have a look at the mileage and in his words just made an estimate based on model year. I made him redo all his paperwork.