Junta Crackdowns,What crackdown do you want to see next

glassdude007

After reading the Phuket online News blogs today Main story about another bombing in Yala,

then a story about the Phukets bitching displaced illegal beach vendors,

got me thinking,   

Junta Crackdowns yes we have had lots of them already.

But now enough of the…

Phuket Beach encroachment /clean-up crackdown, Phuket immigration crackdowns, Phuket Taxi-Tuk tuk crackdowns, Phuket Helmet check crackdown

What crackdowns would you like to see undertaken next?

For me…..

I hope they Crackdown on the Bombings in the south, Yala, Hat-Yai, Songkla, Before the car bombings reach Phuket town.

These cowardly attacks have gone un-noticed to the outside world for far too long. Thai military standing by watching these events with no real response.

Where is the world police country's when you need them. Is Thailand to nervous to ask for assistance with this terrorist problem in fear of loosing more tourist dollars?

Hopefully The next crackdown will be aimed at the terrorist activty in Southern Thailand.

Not an easy task for sure.

I want to see general fairness. Rule of the law applied in the way that the good people can raise and the people who use others for their own benefit will fall.

I want to feel community. 

To think that the the Patani Insurgency can be "cracked down" upon in the same was as illegal encroachment is pretty fallacious, imho.

I think they have already achieved an extraordinary amount in Phuket alone and should now be making efforts to consolidate these achievements and set up a mechanism for continued enforcement after a civilian government takes over.

• Like 2

To increase the happiness level of this particular TV contributor, the Junta should crack down on the following:

Dogs!  I'm talking firstly about the neurotic pampered pets on many housing  estates that disturb the local populace with their hysterical deranged yapping.  The owners of such are seemingly deaf or spiteful in their disregard for others' peace.  The second dog problem is that of soi dogs: packs of diseased, half-starved mangy critters that roam, threatening and spreading disease.  They should be put out of their misery.

Look-at-me motor bike drivers who adapt their bikes to create the maximum noise and burn the most fuel in an attempt to get noticed.

Bass/volume controls on car stereos/PA systems/discos which can be heard 2 kilometres away.  They then park their boom-box next to you at interminable traffic lights.

Mosquitoes.

• Like 1

Tuk Tuks.

I want to see a full on attack, not just fiddling around the edges, on these monstrosities and the thugs in them.

Replace them completely with proper, appropriate, radio controlled, metered taxis the same way they did in Bali many years ago. 

Ban any current driver from getting a cab license who has stolen from customers in the past (all of them) .

By all means keep a few of the old tin box trucks, for historical purposes, on circle routes in tourist areas, so the nostalgic can enjoy a free tour of the towns.

Fast track a fast track light rail system the length of the Island with spurs to the airport and city.

Buy proper buses, not cattle trucks, and establish regular transport routes into villages so the locals can get to schools shops, etc, without having to buy bikes for everyone over 12.

Build link roads to connect many of the villages and to bypass traffic hot spots so every trip doesn't have to involve using the one or two main roads on the Island. If someone owns vacant land where a road should be built, excise it for a set, reasonable sum. Phuket needs to move on to the 21st century and leave the old feudal, family land owners behind.

Put in a rainbow bridge so I can easily get back to fantasy land.

• Like 1

i am welcoming a crackdown on P2P nightlife and enforcing the laws 100%..

As the P2P for foreigners is probably less than 5% for the entire country, they will also have to shutdown the P2P for Thais, too.

That won't happen.

What have you got against P2P anyway? Doesn't harm you in anyway and its between two consenting adults.

• Like 2

Phuket beer bars get rid of 50% - 75% of them and maybe just maybe the remaining bars might get something that resembles some ambiance and a few customers as well.  Bar after bar with just the odd expat farrang maybe a tourist and a few bored BG's looking at their phone. How do they survive?

I don't have anything against bars or drinking but so many with nothing happening inside?

Edited by Oziex1

I want to see a crackdown on rude immigration officers. I have paid millions in tax and get treated like a pariah when I go and renew work permits etc

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I want to see a crackdown on rude immigration officers. I have paid millions in tax and get treated like a pariah when I go and renew work permits etc

I know how you feel, I have paid quite a lot in taxes over many years (maybe not into the millions) and each year I apply for my year extension (based on marriage and WP) it seems like the immigration officers seek out and enjoy finding some new rule that has been conjured up out of almost thin air to knock back my application. When I politely enquire "what can I do" the response is always 'leave Thailand'. Never ever some positive suggestion on how to overcome the immediate problem. Fortunately I have do have a Thai wife and I know they can't just chuck me out without a 60 day extension to resolve any issues. This just really annoys me - my rant for the day.

Phuket still needs proper public transport. 

They need to take the ability of the driver/s, through collusion, to set the price, out of their hands, and either implement a flat fare baht bus system, similar to Pattaya, and/or metered taxis. 

It exists in other tourist areas in Thailand, and it should exist here, on Phuket, especially between the tourist beaches. 

Edited by NamKangMan

I know how you feel, I have paid quite a lot in taxes over many years (maybe not into the millions) and each year I apply for my year extension (based on marriage and WP) it seems like the immigration officers seek out and enjoy finding some new rule that has been conjured up out of almost thin air to knock back my application. When I politely enquire "what can I do" the response is always 'leave Thailand'. Never ever some positive suggestion on how to overcome the immediate problem. Fortunately I have do have a Thai wife and I know they can't just chuck me out without a 60 day extension to resolve any issues. This just really annoys me - my rant for the day.

Bingo. Proof that Thais live for the moment when they can be promoted into a position of power just so they can shat upon anyone they lord over, Thai or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Burning of rubbish, ok some fires first remove all plastics and if you want to burn something then burn it, incinerate it, get it crackling don't leave it to smoulder for a day and a half. Sickening pollution.

• Like 1

I would like to see a crackdown on unjust prison sentencing, and perhaps a review of harsh prison sentences passed down to some unfortunate (minor infractions) violator...especially women.

My idea is, that some pay their way out of prison sentencing, and the one's who cannot have received a harsher prison sentence than normal.

Ten years for the daughter of my girlfriend.  Ten years!!!  5 grams.  I suppose it was "ice" .  She should have been put in drug rehab after a year or two.  This is her third year in hell.  No chance of reprieve.  22 years old at time of sentencing.  Many of the the real hardcore traffickers/dealers avoid these sentences.  Same as anywhere I guess.  My girlfriend gets to hug her once a year on the Queen's Birthday in August.

A review...please.

That sounds pretty harsh mate - considering some tourist police guy got 5 or 6 years for dealing. 

• Like 1

To increase the happiness level of this particular TV contributor, the Junta should crack down on the following:

Dogs!  I'm talking firstly about the neurotic pampered pets on many housing  estates that disturb the local populace with their hysterical deranged yapping.  The owners of such are seemingly deaf or spiteful in their disregard for others' peace.  The second dog problem is that of soi dogs: packs of diseased, half-starved mangy critters that roam, threatening and spreading disease.  They should be put out of their misery.

Look-at-me motor bike drivers who adapt their bikes to create the maximum noise and burn the most fuel in an attempt to get noticed.

Bass/volume controls on car stereos/PA systems/discos which can be heard 2 kilometres away.  They then park their boom-box next to you at interminable traffic lights.

Mosquitoes.

are you sure you want to live in Thailand? maybe better to consider places like the UK,Germany or even Switzerland where you have everything regulated to1000% ....