Two Japanese tourists injured in train derailment in Ratchaburi

Lite Beer

Two Japanese tourists injured in train derailment in Ratchaburi

7-27-2014-4-58-27-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two Japanese tourists were slight injured when a luxury sleeper train derailed in Ban Pong district of Ratchaburi Sunday morning.

Ban Pong district police said the accident which involved the Eastern and Oriental Express train from Singapore through Kuala Lumpur, Butterworth and Bangkok took place shortly before 10.30 am as the training was heading for Sai Yoke district of Kanchanaburi.

The locomotive and seven of 18 cars jumped the tracks at Tambon Tha Pha because the tracks split up due to land subsidence and broken sleepers following heavy rains the night before.

The train service from Ban Pong to the Nam Tok station in Sai Yoke district was temporarily suspended pending maintenance.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-japanese-tourists-injured-train-derailment-ratchaburi/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=two-japanese-tourists-injured-train-derailment-ratchaburi

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-27

This is what happens when they not tell the Japanese tourists about the Thai train system, they should hold on ALL the time and also have their seat-belt on .....Too dangerous otherwise cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Signs needed in ALL Thailand Train Stations:

"WARNING, TOURISTS - You are about to board a Thai train. Please check your travel insurance to make sure you are covered, as there is a 90% chance the train will derail and injure you before you reach your destinations. Note to Thai. Please disregard warning. Thank you."

• Like 2

It's a shame that this section of track is in such a state of disrepair because the run to Kanchanaburi and Saiyok is a fantastic sightseeing trip.

Sections are being upgraded right now so hopefully won't be happening anytime in the future.

If the SRT were doing their job they would have checked all rail where the latest heavy rainfall hit. I distinctly remember the news about the severe storms and heavy rain warnings for that area previously. Why cant the thai see a possible problem in the future when lives are at stake? Their inaction for prevention and failure to inspect the rails after a severe storm are the cauee for yet another derailment here.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"because the tracks split up due to land subsidence and broken sleepers following heavy rains the night before."

no it was broken because of bad service, bad checks, bad building quality, etc......It was not the rain, because that it rains a lot in Thailand is known since 1000 years.

"The train service from Ban Pong to the Nam Tok station in Sai Yoke district was temporarily suspended pending maintenance."

I think its a bit late in the day for maintenance. The preference for doing something only when it is broken is truly remarkable here.

Amazingly, there actually is a Thai word for "maintenance". I looked it up. It exists.

"The train service from Ban Pong to the Nam Tok station in Sai Yoke district was temporarily suspended pending maintenance."

I think its a bit late in the day for maintenance. The preference for doing something only when it is broken is truly remarkable here.

Amazingly, there actually is a Thai word for "maintenance". I looked it up. It exists.

Yes I mentioned it in a previous thread it's mai pen rai.

• Like 1

This is what happens when they not tell the Japanese tourists about the Thai train system, they should hold on ALL the time and also have their seat-belt on .....Too dangerous otherwise cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I would think Japanese know a lot about railroads in Thailand whistling.gif

I just checked out the prices for this train, they are way over the top. US $2,000 - 9,200. I hope the 2 injured Japanese women sue the shit out of the Eastern and Oriental express and in turn they will sue the shit out of the SRT. It's about time they start to do a complete re-haul of all the lines and <DELETED> the costs. If it means shutting down lines for a year or more than do it.....................it's all about the bloody profit. I hope the SRT go bank-krupt and someone else comes in and shakes it all up. Nothing worse than Thai-chinese tight-arse business owners, they are tight are when money needs to be spent.

I wonder sometimes about some farang posters on TV..I could understand if they live in Europe or North America & never come to Thailand..being ignorant would be normal.

Thailand has old train track & the infrastructure definitely needs upgrading...but then so does many countries.

Nice list here since 2010 of world train accidents. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rail_accidents_%282010%E2%80%93present%29

The US ...According to the Federal Railroad Administration, in an average year in the United States, more than 3,000 train accidents occur leading to death, injury and property damage.

National statistics show that every two hours there is a train accident in the USA. Almost all of these accidents involve some type of property damage—and in some cases injury and death. http://railroadclaims.com/railroad-accident-statistics/

Canada has over 1000 train accidents a year.

2,068 significant railway accidents were reported in 28 EU countries in 2012 . http://www.smartrailworld.com/blog/2013/10/22/collisions-and-derailments-on-eu-railways-on-rise-in-2012-but-lowest-death-toll-recorded-since-2006

Thailand is a 3rd world country..it doesn't have the resources of North America or Europe..

Train fares are cheap here..ok old track..old trains...been the same for years.

If everything about Thailand is bad I wonder why some farang live here.

I have taken the train many many times in Thailand..for the price I have no complaints.

Maybe if they quadruple the fares & fix the tracks everyone will be happy...

somehow I doubt it.

Maybe the Japanese can convince the NCPO to let them use some prisoners in Thai jails to rebuild the rail tracks.

Why do you think they are cracking down on visas...they can fill the IDC and use farangs as before.

The Thai press reports that there was very heavy rain in the area yesterday, causing some ground collapse. This in turn seems to have caused the rails to separate further apart than they should have been.

So, nobody's fault then, just evil spirits at work, no doubt.

Will the NCPO now turn its attention to these evil spirits that dog Thai transport, it's about time they were sorted out ?

But travelling by train is still much safer than using the roads! anybody who uses the roads is an " absolute fool " and you are playing " Russian roulette ".Travelling by train is STILL the " safer & cheaper " option!

Don't you just love the " cool train " viewers...?

farang jaidee wub.png