Age gap in a relationship, how comfortable are you?

Somsrisonphimai

The one common denominator I've found with Thai girls is they are fun to be with, good in bed and all round a nice person. However scratch the surface and you will find that their lives are chaotic, loans, gambling, lying, husband/noyfriend etc. Even worse when they are drunk. I'm quite happy to keep things on a very superficial level for a short time and then that's that. They never change even when you take them out of Thailand. Seen plenty where I have a home in the UK, pushing prams, separated/divorced, no skills to speak of so doing tricks just as they did at home. One may say they are all lo-so but I think there's a fair smattering of hotel receptionists, nurses etc whose skills cannot be utilised in the UK.

I wondered if men feel threaten taking their younger women to their country. I wondered if the relationship would still be the same in the men country, I mean how successful the relationship will be?

In the men country, some women cannot find skills work so they ended up working at the restaurant or factory or being a housekeeping, although they are highly educated in Thailand, their education cannot translate.

As an expert yourself in avoiding questions what degree do you hold in certain fields ?You sound very smug  and how and where did you meet youre husband ?So what makes you an expert on Thai woman working abroad and their skills?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like young(er) women, but begin to see a lot of obese (fat) sweaty young Thai women in their 20’ies that I would never dream of bringing home, even they are 30-40 years younger than me… bah.gif  

By the way I don’t drink when I'm out, still got my hair, and my BMI is 18.5… wink.png

haha my BMI is 18.5 such a handsome man. Who writes this kind of thing? Do you what a date from TV?

and you don't drink when you go out.. sound like a lot of fun.

The one common denominator I've found with Thai girls is they are fun to be with, good in bed and all round a nice person. However scratch the surface and you will find that their lives are chaotic, loans, gambling, lying, husband/noyfriend etc. Even worse when they are drunk. I'm quite happy to keep things on a very superficial level for a short time and then that's that. They never change even when you take them out of Thailand. Seen plenty where I have a home in the UK, pushing prams, separated/divorced, no skills to speak of so doing tricks just as they did at home. One may say they are all lo-so but I think there's a fair smattering of hotel receptionists, nurses etc whose skills cannot be utilised in the UK.

I wondered if men feel threaten taking their younger women to their country. I wondered if the relationship would still be the same in the men country, I mean how successful the relationship will be?

In the men country, some women cannot find skills work so they ended up working at the restaurant or factory or being a housekeeping, although they are highly educated in Thailand, their education cannot translate.

Well often, whilst in Thailand, the Thai woman has been exposed to the fine specimens of manhood that the average farang represents so typically older, less attractive, fatter, balder and with an arrogance based on exchange rate wealth

Upon arrival in US, UK Australia, Europe or wherever, she quickly realises that, in stark contrast to the jokers she was surrounded by in Thailand, many farang men aren't beer-swilling, disrespectful louts at all 

Soon enough she realises that while her husband strutted around Nakhon Backwater like landed gentry, in his homeland, he's just another mook getting by on not a great deal.

Often she'll take a job somewhere to bring in a few bucks and before you know it, some of those younger guys with good looks, fun-loving personalities, nice cars and good jobs that pay well are asking her out.

If she's less than principled, she'll be catting about in no time;

if she's a woman of principle, she'll say no but there's nothing more unsettling for a man than a woman with options.

Whats your aim by degrading the, according to you, typical foreigner who has a, thai wife ( and taking her back to his homecountry) ?

A woman with options who chooses to stay with a man, is a good woman in my book. Perhaps you suffer from confidence issues yourself by writing that there is nothing more unsettling for a man than being with a woman who has options.

Good luck to you.

Whats your aim by degrading the, according to you, typical foreigner who has a, thai wife ( and taking her back to his homecountry) ?

A woman with options who chooses to stay with a man, is a good woman in my book. Perhaps you suffer from confidence issues yourself by writing that there is nothing more unsettling for a man than being with a woman who has options.

Good luck to you.

I should have written, "there is nothing more unsettling for THAT TYPE OF MAN than a woman with options".

I'm not degrading anyone. I'm telling it the way it is. I only mentioned their age because that's what the thread is about.

I freely admit there are younger men who come here to find a bride and end up in the same situation as the older boys when they get back home

I like young(er) women, but begin to see a lot of obese (fat) sweaty young Thai women in their 20’ies that I would never dream of bringing home, even they are 30-40 years younger than me… bah.gif  

By the way I don’t drink when I'm out, still got my hair, and my BMI is 18.5… wink.png

haha my BMI is 18.5 such a handsome man. Who writes this kind of thing? Do you what a date from TV?

and you don't drink when you go out.. sound like a lot of fun.

555, I did – and if you read the posts I replied to; something about farang men over 55 being bald, fat, sweating, and smelling; you will see the irony. smile.png

No intention of offending anybody, I excuse if that was misunderstood… wai.gif

However the statement is true, and – believe it or not – I am a lot of fun both when going out and at home, and I’m defiantly not looking for at TV-date; got many more than enough with all those girls who already wish to date me… whistling.gif

in Thailand

I think you'll find that most if no all Thai women who are "highly educated" are not highly educated compared with a degree in the UK or Germany for example. A degree teaches students to have an enquiring mind, challenge ideas and concepts, learn history from a variety of sources, have tutors/lecturers who encourage independent though and have to be of a certain standard.

Does the above apply to a Thai university? The answer is no. Therefore that is why they fail to find jobs that aren't mundane. One of the very first thing a Thai child learns is not to question what they are told due to the face thing. How then, after attending infant and junior schools are they prepared for university life? The answer is they aren't.

As an expert yourself in avoiding questions what degree do you hold in certain fields ?You sound very smug and how and where did you meet youre husband ?So what makes you an expert on Thai woman working abroad and their skills?

My life story is boring and my degree would be bragged. I should have known better not to reply but highly educated may be overstated here in this contact. My example would be teachers, nurses or accountants, can Thais easily find jobs says in UK or US? Can they be comparable and compete against the natives of that country?

There's 30 years between me and my GF (I'm 53) and I'm comfortable with it. I wouldn't be going out with her (4 years so far) if I wasn't!

You guys must have some real intellectual conversations. When i was your gf age, i couldn't think of anything to discuss with guys at your age, hence me avoiding most expats.

Does she have a degree?

@ Asia 2000 as an ex sailor for 17 years and working with a lot of filipinos according to them it has nothing to do with respect of the elderly but about money concerning pinoys getting married to elderly foreigners thats why so many of them are getting offed there every year by some pinoy ladies families .I have nothing against age gaps but i dont like people spouting nonsense.

I talking from personal experience, in a relationship with a Filipina, with education and a full time job.

My friends and myself found a decent good lady who is working full time in a normal job. She support siblings and parents. Every times I said I can help, she politely decline, says she manage herself. Last evening she insisted to pay our 12$ dinner, which I of course denied.

She don't want any support from me monthly, and never ask for 1 peso.

Many Pinays have education, honor and decency enough, to not depend on a man. Same goes for Thais.

Fact.

and our age gap is 31 years.

There's 30 years between me and my GF (I'm 53) and I'm comfortable with it. I wouldn't be going out with her (4 years so far) if I wasn't!

You guys must have some real intellectual conversations. When i was your gf age, i couldn't think of anything to discuss with guys at your age, hence me avoiding most expats.

Does she have a degree?

A degree? Good God no! She's from a tiny village in Southern Laos and left school at 14 to weave silk. Why on Earth should a degree be a requirement for a successful relationship?

As an expert yourself in avoiding questions what degree do you hold in certain fields ?You sound very smug and how and where did you meet youre husband ?So what makes you an expert on Thai woman working abroad and their skills?

My life story is boring and my degree would be bragged. I should have known better not to reply but highly educated may be overstated here in this contact. My example would be teachers, nurses or accountants, can Thais easily find jobs says in UK or US? Can they be comparable and compete against the natives of that country?

Thai Town began in the 1960s when many Thais went to Los Angeles to study (as a result of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965); many decided to stay and open businesses. A 1980s regional financial crisis led many Thais to come to Thai Town and find work. City Council designated the neighborhood on October 27, 1999; during that time it had many of the estimated 80,000 Thais in Southern California.

There are more Thais living in Los Angles than in Surin in Thailand.  Do you really think they all had trouble finding good jobs?  It's not cheap to live in LA so they must be doing OK if there are 80 thousand there. 

So nice to see you have changed the topic from an ageist bash to a Thai education bash.  Your agenda is showing.

"Poor Thai women have to date fat old Farang and even if educated can't find a good job."  What a load or horse crap.

Anusra Chittmittrapap, president of Thailand Post Co, says: "Over the past few decades, Thai women in the public sector have been given a fair chance of career advancement relative to their male counterparts, as we now have quite a few female permanent secretaries and directors-general, such as at the Commerce and Education ministries.

"In the public sector, there are very few barriers, if any, against career advancement prospects for female workers. For example, Thailand Post, a state-owned company, has more than 20,000 employees, of which less than 10 per cent are female, but in the senior management level the number of female managers is slightly higher than that of their male counterparts."

In Thailand, over 38 per cent of board members and CEOs are female, while in the Philippines the figure is about 47 per cent. In other words, barriers have been lowered over the past few years, thus narrowing the gender gap in positions of power in the corporate world.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Women-getting-ahead-in-the-workplace-30202046.html

Edited by thailiketoo

[quote name="thailiketoo" post="8181715" timestamp="1406863743"][quote name="Somsrisonphimai" post="8181560" timestamp="1406862332"] [quote name="Kudel" post="8180105" timestamp="1406823205"] [quote name="Somsrisonphimai" post="8179838" timestamp="1406817500"] [quote name="Thaiberius" post="8179161" timestamp="1406807170"]The one common denominator I've found with Thai girls is they are fun to be with, good in bed and all round a nice person. However scratch the surface and you will find that their lives are chaotic, loans, gambling, lying, husband/noyfriend etc. Even worse when they are drunk. I'm quite happy to keep things on a very superficial level for a short time and then that's that. They never change even when you take them out of Thailand. Seen plenty where I have a home in the UK, pushing prams, separated/divorced, no skills to speak of so doing tricks just as they did at home. One may say they are all lo-so but I think there's a fair smattering of hotel receptionists, nurses etc whose skills cannot be utilised in the UK.[/quote]I wondered if men feel threaten taking their younger women to their country. I wondered if the relationship would still be the same in the men country, I mean how successful the relationship will be?

In the men country, some women cannot find skills work so they ended up working at the restaurant or factory or being a housekeeping, although they are highly educated in Thailand, their education cannot translate.[/quote]As an expert yourself in avoiding questions what degree do you hold in certain fields ?You sound very smug and how and where did you meet youre husband ?So what makes you an expert on Thai woman working abroad and their skills?[/quote]
My life story is boring and my degree would be bragged. I should have known better not to reply but highly educated may be overstated here in this contact. My example would be teachers, nurses or accountants, can Thais easily find jobs says in UK or US? Can they be comparable and compete against the natives of that country?[/quote]
Thai Town began in the 1960s when many Thais went to Los Angeles to study (as a result of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965); many decided to stay and open businesses. A 1980s regional financial crisis led many Thais to come to Thai Town and find work. City Council designated the neighborhood on October 27, 1999; during that time it had many of the estimated 80,000 Thais in Southern California.

There are more Thais living in Los Angles than in Surin in Thailand. Do you really think they all had trouble finding good jobs? It's not cheap to live in LA so they must be doing OK if there are 80 thousand there.

So nice to see you have changed the topic from an ageist bash to a Thai education bash. Your agenda is showing.

"Poor Thai women have to date fat old Farang and even if educated can't find a good job." What a load or horse crap.

Anusra Chittmittrapap, president of Thailand Post Co, says: "Over the past few decades, Thai women in the public sector have been given a fair chance of career advancement relative to their male counterparts, as we now have quite a few female permanent secretaries and directors-general, such as at the Commerce and Education ministries.

"In the public sector, there are very few barriers, if any, against career advancement prospects for female workers. For example, Thailand Post, a state-owned company, has more than 20,000 employees, of which less than 10 per cent are female, but in the senior management level the number of female managers is slightly higher than that of their male counterparts."

In Thailand, over 38 per cent of board members and CEOs are female, while in the Philippines the figure is about 47 per cent. In other words, barriers have been lowered over the past few years, thus narrowing the gender gap in positions of power in the corporate world.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Women-getting-ahead-in-the-workplace-30202046.html[/quote]

Bashing Thai women and their education? I don't think so! Did you really think that it is easy for Thai women who educated in Thailand to find a compatible job in their man country? Gosh some people just like to twist and turn other people's words to justify their opinion.

Bashing Thai women and their education? I don't think so! Did you really think that it is easy for Thai women who educated in Thailand to find a compatible job in their man country? Gosh some people just like to twist and turn other people's words to justify their opinion.

I really don't think you have a clue what you are doing.  I think you are sincere.  But the topic of the thread is an age bash against old men and Thai women.  When you belittle Thai education in comparison to your own and belittle Thai women because you think they can't get jobs in the West your are bashing Thai women. 

It is difficult for anyone to leave their own country and language and find a job and life in another country.  Are those that do smarter than the ones who stay at home?  Probably.  I know I have worked in a number of countries where I did not speak the language and it was not easy.

Is the 70 year old man who packs up and learns to live and love in Thailand brighter, more interesting and more capable than the average man who sits in front of the TV at home in the West and drinks beer?  Yes and by a long shot. 

I do things everyday that would make my peers in the West drool with envy, so I can recognize the symptoms of envy and jealously.  Lady, you should look at the things you have written and analyze them for a common thread or idea.  It is not difficult to figure out the underlying intention and motivation. You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I really don't think you have a clue what you are doing. I think you are sincere. But the topic of the thread is an age bash against old men and Thai women. When you belittle Thai education in comparison to your own and belittle Thai women because you think they can't get jobs in the West your are bashing Thai women.

It is difficult for anyone to leave their own country and language and find a job and life in another country. Are those that do smarter than the ones who stay at home? Probably. I know I have worked in a number of countries where I did not speak the language and it was not easy.

Is the 70 year old man who packs up and learns to live and love in Thailand brighter, more interesting and more capable than the average man who sits in front of the TV at home in the West and drinks beer? Yes and by a long shot.

I do things everyday that would make my peers in the West drool with envy, so I can recognize the symptoms of envy and jealously. Lady, you should look at the things you have written and analyze them for a common thread or idea. It is not difficult to figure out the underlying intention and motivation. You don't need a weather man

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have no motive to bash anyone. I knew when I started this thread, there will be criticisms, but I have thick skin and can handle. I wanted to hear what people have say since people seemed to be sensitive to these type in your face topics.

Anyway, no need to keep this thread open any further.

I really don't think you have a clue what you are doing. I think you are sincere. But the topic of the thread is an age bash against old men and Thai women. When you belittle Thai education in comparison to your own and belittle Thai women because you think they can't get jobs in the West your are bashing Thai women.

It is difficult for anyone to leave their own country and language and find a job and life in another country. Are those that do smarter than the ones who stay at home? Probably. I know I have worked in a number of countries where I did not speak the language and it was not easy.

Is the 70 year old man who packs up and learns to live and love in Thailand brighter, more interesting and more capable than the average man who sits in front of the TV at home in the West and drinks beer? Yes and by a long shot.

I do things everyday that would make my peers in the West drool with envy, so I can recognize the symptoms of envy and jealously. Lady, you should look at the things you have written and analyze them for a common thread or idea. It is not difficult to figure out the underlying intention and motivation. You don't need a weather man

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have no motive to bash anyone. I knew when I started this thread, there will be criticisms, but I have thick skin and can handle. I wanted to hear what people have say since people seemed to be sensitive to these type in your face topics.

I really don't think you mean to bash anyone.  One little question, if you don't mind.  Why did you want to hear what people had to say about a topic (old Farang with young Thai women) that has been opened once a month for 10 years with always the same results? 

I really don't think you mean to bash anyone.  One little question, if you don't mind.  Why did you want to hear what people had to say about a topic (old Farang with young Thai women) that has been opened once a month for 10 years with always the same results? 

To poke a stick in a hornet's nest, what else?

I really don't think you mean to bash anyone. One little question, if you don't mind. Why did you want to hear what people had to say about a topic (old Farang with young Thai women) that has been opened once a month for 10 years with always the same results?

Just curious about it. That may be true that this type of topic has been done a million time through this forum. But, not the same people respond and or people change their mind and thought from their original post. Do you respond to this type of topic very time?
  • Like 1

[quote name="giddyup" post="8182277" timestamp="1406870818"][quote name="thailiketoo" post="8182248" timestamp="1406870456"] [quote name="Somsrisonphimai" post="8182190" timestamp="1406869724"] [quote name="thailiketoo" post="8182046" timestamp="1406868086"] [quote name="Somsrisonphimai" post="8181809" timestamp="1406864802"]Bashing Thai women and their education? I don't think so! Did you really think that it is easy for Thai women who educated in Thailand to find a compatible job in their man country? Gosh some people just like to twist and turn other people's words to justify their opinion.[/quote]I really don't think you have a clue what you are doing. I think you are sincere. But the topic of the thread is an age bash against old men and Thai women. When you belittle Thai education in comparison to your own and belittle Thai women because you think they can't get jobs in the West your are bashing Thai women.

To know which way the wind blows.[/quote]

[/quote]
I really don't think you mean to bash anyone. One little question, if you don't mind. Why did you want to hear what people had to say about a topic (old Farang with young Thai women) that has been opened once a month for 10 years with always the same results?
[/quote]
[/quote]

You know I just thought of another topic that all hell may break loose so stay tune :)

Just curious about it. That may be true that this type of topic has been done a million time through this forum. But, not the same people respond and or people change their mind and thought from their original post. Do you respond to this type of topic very time?

I keep waiting for someone to post an honest answer about why they start the topics.  You said, "Just curious about it."  Do you really expect anyone to believe that? 

I have started a few topics in the last week or so.  One about a refrigerator question another about a medicine question and so on.  I really wanted an answer.  No hidden agenda or tying to belittle someone.  I think the majority of posts on Thai Visa are legitimate questions or comments and not rehashing of the main posting bashes, 1.  The word Farang, 2.  Old Farang men in Thailand.  3.  Thai education does not teach critical thinking.  4.  Corruption and general knowledge of Thais and Americans.  You know the usual click baiting nonsense. 

Edited by thailiketoo

I keep waiting for someone to post an honest answer about why they start the topics. You said, "Just curious about it." Do you really expect anyone to believe that?

I have started a few topics in the last week or so. One about a refrigerator question another about a medicine question and so on. I really wanted an answer. No hidden agenda or tying to belittle someone. I think the majority of posts on Thai Visa are legitimate questions or comments and not rehashing of the main posting bashes, 1. The word Farang, 2. Old Farang men in Thailand. 3. Thai education does not teach critical thinking. 4. Corruption and general knowledge of Thais and Americans. You know the usual click baiting nonsense.
So we should not talk about it anymore? Just because the topic does not suit you, it does not mean other people should not discuss it. You do not need to respond if you feel the topic is nonsense. It is just as simple as that. Edited by Somsrisonphimai
  • Like 1

I keep waiting for someone to post an honest answer about why they start the topics. You said, "Just curious about it." Do you really expect anyone to believe that?

I have started a few topics in the last week or so. One about a refrigerator question another about a medicine question and so on. I really wanted an answer. No hidden agenda or tying to belittle someone. I think the majority of posts on Thai Visa are legitimate questions or comments and not rehashing of the main posting bashes, 1. The word Farang, 2. Old Farang men in Thailand. 3. Thai education does not teach critical thinking. 4. Corruption and general knowledge of Thais and Americans. You know the usual click baiting nonsense.
So we should not talk about it anymore? Just because the topic does not suit you, it does not mean other people should not discuss it. You do not need to respond if you feel the topic is nonsense. It is just as simple as that.

I thought I provided an honest answer when I said "poking a stick in the hornet's nest", because even though I'm sucked in, these kind of posts achieve nothing other than giving people a lot of angst. The same subject has come up a few times before and you will see the responses clearly split into two camps, the oldies haters and the oldies, so really, what's the point?

Edited by giddyup

I can speak regarding nurses - I know of 2 intelligent Thai women (1 with a masters from Thailand that's fully recognized here, who tried for 2 years and failed the language test) who cannot even get to first base to apply for a nursing job in my country - Australia - because they cannot achieve a good enough level of English. The second one I spoke to this morning at work - the moment she opened her mouth I knew she was Thai. She was in the hospital I work at in her capacity of a student, and it has taken her 5 years of blood, sweat and tears to try to meet the high standard required in English proficiency - she gets tripped up on written English. Oh, and at $300 AUD per test fee, they can try as many times as they wish. The language schools here who charge like wounded bulls to teach English are making serious bank as a result.

@Somsrisonphimai, although I'm a newbie here I'm dismayed to see how some others questioned your motives as if you had an agenda. You seem genuine enough to me. Sure you later admitted you raised the issues knowing you would tread on a few toes. It worked. But at least we saw some glimpses from a woman's perspective, although you are not in the big age difference category yourself. Mmm, can anyone with a 20-something GF/wife get her to tell it like it is?

So we should not talk about it anymore? Just because the topic does not suit you, it does not mean other people should not discuss it. You do not need to respond if you feel the topic is nonsense. It is just as simple as that.

Not at all.  I think the topic is nothing more than click bait and should be pinned along with a Farang definition topic. 

That is what one does with a topic that is raised at least once a month isn't it?  Pin it?  No malice intended. 

@Somsrisonphimai, although I'm a newbie here I'm dismayed to see how some others questioned your motives as if you had an agenda. You seem genuine enough to me. Sure you later admitted you raised the issues knowing you would tread on a few toes. It worked. But at least we saw some glimpses from a woman's perspective, although you are not in the big age difference category yourself. Mmm, can anyone with a 20-something GF/wife get her to tell it like it is?

So, you believe the OP started the topic because she was, "curious?"

Almost impossible for Thais (with two Thai parents) to work as anything beyond minimum wage.
None of them can read, write or speak English well enough to be employed in any profession (apart from the oldest profession).

Is the 70 year old man who packs up and learns to live and love in Thailand brighter, more interesting and more capable than the average man who sits in front of the TV at home in the West and drinks beer? Yes and by a long shot. 

What a stupid thing to say.

Who are you to say that the typical alternative to a 70 year old making a spectacle of himself walking hand-in-hand down the street with a prostitute is sitting at home watching TV and drinking beer?

There are veritable armies of 70 year olds in the West enjoying their lives with partners they've been married to for 30+ years. Partners with whom they've shared ups and downs, tragedy and triumph and who know and love them purely, completely and utterly for who they are rather than for a combination of his wallet and the fact his last medical check up says he's on his last legs. Living on defined benefit pensions in mortgage-free houses and lots of disposable income from stock dividends, rental properties . . .

I'd take that ANY DAY over some floosie jockeying for a mention on my last will and testament. 

Heaven forbid anyone ask a question that requires an honest answer. She asked how comfortable old men are with their age gap relationships.

Going by all the vintage toys being thrown out of Georgian and Victorian-era perambulators, it's obvious that a lot of old men aren't as comfortable as they pretend to be.

laugh.png 

Edited by Cypress Hill

Almost impossible for Thais (with two Thai parents) to work as anything beyond minimum wage.
None of them can read, write or speak English well enough to be employed in any profession (apart from the oldest profession).

Thailand Education Council estimated that the number of new students enrolled in bachelors programs between 2007 and 2016 will be approximately 500,000 each year, resulting in between 300,000 to 400,000 new graduates per annum.

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=2435

I dunno... lots of people in the diaspora with good jobs and excellent English.