Age gap in a relationship, how comfortable are you?

Somsrisonphimai

most of my mates have talked to my wife on skype when they ring for a chat, and when shes gone and im talking to them they ALL say you lucky bast££d

but saying that they are all men, but my family havnt got a problem either both men and women,

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't think I would want a massive age gap, Mrs T is 6 years younger than me, which Is fine. However, maybe I should have a 20 year old Mia Noi, to make me fit in laugh.png

In your dreams Mr.Toad

Mrs rat is 14 years younger, she keeps me young at heart too.
  • Like 1

One for the Brits
Listen With Mother

Are You sitting comfortably?
Then I shall begin

I have been sitting and sat upon comfortably for nearly 30 years

Anyway all over the world it is economics. If it was not so f**ing difficult for talented women to make profitable careers..........

In my Utopia she earns the $$ while I polish the gold chamber pots

ps What would Thailand have made of Larry The Lamb?

Age is a number, we all "age" differently with age. Relationships belong to two people, nobody else, their decision.

Some want love, some want security, some want a life they never had before.

In a nut shell, folk should mind their own business................coffee1.gif

A romantic grease monkey... Who knew :lol:

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know chaps, I wasn't going to say anything, BUT, my late mums husband was 20 years younger (he died). My UK wife was 17 years younger, I can honestly say that for most of our years together it was great. But, as we know, nothing lasts forever, just grasp happiness while you can, you only live once, nooooooo second chance........smile.png

• Like 1

Somsrisonphimai ... I like the stuff you write, but I always have this nagging doubt.

You are Thai correct?

Living in Thailand?

A Thai Woman?

It's just that you always talk about Thailand in the 3rd person.

"it seemed the Thai society has accepted" ... wouldn't you naturally write along the lines of the first person in the style of 'our society'.

That said ... MissFarmGirl seems to be fine with me.

Our age differerence is known to our friends.

For those who are curious as to that number ... buy me a beer and heck, I'll throw in the winning Lotto numbers for next week ... laugh.png

Should I post a video of myself speak Thai, so it would be the end of your suspicious about my nationality? And what are you proposed me using the pronoun?

she knows what a pronoun is...crikey....I dun even know that.

as for age....I could not look at myself in the mirror if she was less than half my age.

I have 2 couple friends, all very normal run of the mill social circles...no deviant behaviour.....first one is 40/75...second one is 25/54....... one of them is older than her dad.

When I was in Pattaya a while back, I saw a lot of couple that the men were between 20-40 years older than the women. I said to myself, is there something wrong with this picture? How could a man, who is in his retirement age, possibly have anything in common with a young girl, who has just turned 21? But then again, people cannot help who they love.

Set that aside, it seemed the Thai society has accepted a large age gap in a relationship between younger Thai woman and older foreign man. I was wondered in your country, does the society accept the relationship as it does in Thailand? Do you and your Thai wife/girlfriend feel comfortable with the relationship in your country as you feel in Thailand? Or how comfortable are you with your relationship in Thailand?

There's 11 years difference between myself and my GF. It's never been a problem when I visit Thailand or when we've traveled to Japan together but due to the fact she looks younger than what she is I find there's more stares from strangers here in Sydney whenever she visits.

Personally I think people in the west are a lot moe judgemental than those in Asia.
  • Like 1

Age is just a number.  Check out your biological age or your soul age or http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_old_fashioned_are_you_1

Age is a number, I am an old guy, but whilst writing this I have rock music on LOUD. I go out and sing rock songs, Clapton and many more. I even lift weights. All this because whats between my ears doesn't want me to be my years,........'aint I lucky...........smile.png 

Age is just a number.  Check out your biological age or your soul age or http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_old_fashioned_are_you_1

Age is a number, I am an old guy, but whilst writing this I have rock music on LOUD. I go out and sing rock songs, Clapton and many more. I even lift weights. All this because whats between my ears doesn't want me to be my years,........'aint I lucky...........smile.png

Clapton dates you a bit, grand-dad.
Try KangKeng or Cowboy for a bit more respect.

i didnt know John Wayne was a singer,, bloody hell

Learned that Thai folk only like farang stuff they know, sooooo thats what I do. Not long ago a phone company was playing "My Way" as their connection tone, sooooooo, sang My Way, went down well, they knew it. thumbsup.gif

Yet to try "Lola", the Kinks, great song but................laugh.png

I dated younger women in the West.  One night I overheard two men talking about my fiancée.  One said to the other "I wonder what it costs him to keep that."  I didn't know if it was an insult or a compliment.  

15 year age diff between me and the wife,, approx 12 years age diff with my UK wife beforehand,
regarding my thai wife I couldn't have asked for a better wife, they say opposites attract, certainly regarding my current wife it rings true,,,
only problem was with the UK one,, too fiery like myself,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to admit, that I feel very uncomfortable being married to a my wife that she is 26 years younger than me.

It is a mistake I did in the past, but I have to live with it.

I should have chosen a young girl with a difference of at least 40 years between us.

Anyway, I have to live and regret my mistake.sad.png

So i hope you are not 50 then, the knock on the door by the junta may come soon

Let's not beat around the bush.  It's lust that attracts older guys to a 20 year old rather than somebody their own age.  After all, why would you settle for stretchmarks and menopause when you could have pert and trim and barely-used.  Maybe later genuine emotions develop but the attraction that makes you seek out that initial contact with somebody half your age is based on lust and a specific desire to achieve the highest calibre of mate that you are able to.  Which is fair enough, as long as you don't try and dress it up as something more pure.

People who think that 20-something Thai girls prefer a 60 year old to somebody their own age are deluded.  That's not to say they can't be happy together.  I'm talking about first impressions.

To answer the OP more specifically, it's less accepted in the UK and Europe.  There's a stigma associated with it.  People in the UK are very prudish and self-righteous, they love to brand somebody a pervert.  Generally speaking.

• Like 2

I'm on my third attempt. My first wife, American, was older than me.  The marriage lasted 10 years.  The second, also American, was quite a bit younger than me.  The marriage lasted 13 years.  My current wife, Thai, split the difference between the other two.  We've been together almost six years now and counting.

I've only heard comments concerning age differences with my second wife.  People would come to the door, see her, and ask if her father was home.  

• Like 2

Let's not beat around the bush.  It's lust that attracts older guys to a 20 year old rather than somebody their own age.  After all, why would you settle for stretchmarks and menopause when you could have pert and trim and barely-used.  Maybe later genuine emotions develop but the attraction that makes you seek out that initial contact with somebody half your age is based on lust and a specific desire to achieve the highest calibre of mate that you are able to.  Which is fair enough, as long as you don't try and dress it up as something more pure.

People who think that 20-something Thai girls prefer a 60 year old to somebody their own age are deluded.  That's not to say they can't be happy together.  I'm talking about first impressions.

To answer the OP more specifically, it's less accepted in the UK and Europe.  There's a stigma associated with it.  People in the UK are very prudish and self-righteous, they love to brand somebody a pervert.  Generally speaking.

It may not be lust.  It may be a medical reason.  I have heard that young women act the same as ED medication for some older men and the women only providing a medical service. 

Edited by thailiketoo

Let's not beat around the bush.  It's lust that attracts older guys to a 20 year old rather than somebody their own age.  After all, why would you settle for stretchmarks and menopause when you could have pert and trim and barely-used.

I suspect most 60 year old western women have seen a lot less use than many 20 year old Thai girls.
'Age' and 'use' are not the same word.

Also, good luck trying to find that 20 year old Thai girl without stretch marks. Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

I would be very worried if a 60yo wanted a 20yo

To the Op.. What is the acceptable age difference between a married Thai man and his Mia noi?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do Thai woman have the male version of a 'Mia Noi'?

What would his name be?