The Box - The End

somchai69

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to deal with the following message when having signed up for a Chaos account: Error occurred please activate your account first? Get this every time I try and log in, and there are no other options on the page, I am using Google Chrome, but the same thing happens with Fire Fox. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how to deal with the following message when having signed up for a Chaos account: Error occurred please activate your account first? Get this every time I try and log in, and there are no other options on the page, I am using Google Chrome, but the same thing happens with Fire Fox. Thanks in advance!

If I recall the process correctly you should have received an email with an activation link. Check your spam folder.

It's possible their server is struggling, it took me several attempts to send out invites yesterday.

I got the link pasted the invite code in and it accepted me, but when I went to log in just go an error occurred.

I'd give it a day or so to calm down a bit, then if you still can't log in email support.

EDIT I can't get in either, just drops back to the login page.

I am willing to bet that the closure of donations is because all "donators" will get an invite - so they closed it quick as they can before anyone specifically donated to get the invite to the next incarnation. Have to say that I am not that bothered anymore, largely smaller files, fast download but a bugger to keep ratio (for me in BKK anyway) and there are UK alternatives now for a small fee.

TD satisfies most of my needs and it is easy to keep ratio.

I would happily pay a dollar a download if the industry got its act sorted, put up an "official" torrent (or DD) site and stopped their rip off prices (i.e. as per apple TV)

This hopefully may be a rerun so to speak of the ''death '' of ''The Box'' followed by its subsequent resurrection as zxcv.fm.

We can but live in hope that the dead zxcv.fm will pick up its bed and walk with a name change..

Been a member for 7 years it was indeed a great site

Are we supposed to believe they are really shutting down? Or are they just going to pop up again with a selected subset of members and a new website address?

We can but hope! biggrin.png

(My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for an email! smile.png )

I have several TorrentDay invites, if anyone still need one.

PM me with a working address.

Also, TheEmpire.bz is great for shows from Australia, Canada, Ireland, etc. I have several invites for that as well, so PM me with a working address if you would like one.

My daily "Neighbours" fix.

Edit:

Bugger! Shouldn't have admitted that. :(

Edited by JetsetBkk

It will be interesting to see if all those sites that were born of the thebox team, i.e. empiretv and theshow and thegeeks, etc will also close like ZXCV (the "box" replacement). I noticed theshow has also closed down its "donation" system like ZXCV did before announcing their closure (on Aug 1st.

TheEmpire also stopped taking donations about 6 days ago. They've provided no explanation at to why and not responded to questions in the forums asking whether it's a technical problem or PayPal doesn't like them. It does seem rather suspicious.

Hopefully they are merely dissociating themselves - and their bank account - from TheBox Mark II's. I certainly hope that is the case.

I have several TorrentDay invites, if anyone still need one.

PM me with a working address.

Also, TheEmpire.bz is great for shows from Australia, Canada, Ireland, etc. I have several invites for that as well, so PM me with a working address if you would like one.

My daily "Neighbours" fix.

Edit:

Bugger! Shouldn't have admitted that. :(

The neighbours episodes are available on Torrent Day

Of course I have never actually down loaded an episode.... Honestly :)

I still have 2 invites available if needed

sent from my Internet aware non fruity mobile device

There is a darksite (TOR) version of PBay for those savvy enough to use the darknet.

There are plenty of clearnet (i.e. WWW) sites that host links to streaming sites. Watch stream, or if too slow (most are fine from Thailand though) use something like FDM (Free Download Manager) or IDM (Internet Download Manager). Why pay for a VPN or Usenet.

With luck TV Chaos will be opening their doors to no-invite members again soon, they posted this announcement yesterday:-

Important Changes To TVC - LL - Yesterday, 15:42

Attention- this post has been edited to reflect further developements!

Hello everybody

Due to the recent events we have been deluged by requests to join us. Because of the additional strain on the server that a mass migration would cause we temporarily closed the doors, but this is not ideal with so many people looking for a new home.

We have hummed and aaahd about what to do and how best to do it and have finally come up with a plan.....

As a temporary measure we will be switching off the bonus point system, effective immediately. We realise that this will be unpopular with many people, but it is the single biggest drain on the server with constant queries of user, torrent and snatches clogging up the system. Once the system has been turned off we will be opening our doors to the public again.

To ensure that no-one loses out we will be automatically exchanging all current points for upload credit, using the highest exchange rate, regardless of the amount of points saved.

To offset this we will also be drastically relaxing the h&r system. No minimum seed times will be required (although any member persistantly hitting and running will still receive a warning). We will also be reducing the cut off point for low ratio and of course will be on hand to help any member who finds themself in trouble.

In a nutshell this means that the site will now function on a ratio only basis; i.e. you should aim to keep your ratio above 1:1 to remain in good standing.

We realise that this is a dramatic change and will take some time to get used to, but if we are to open the doors and welcome our new friends then it is the only option that we have at the current time. As I said it is a temporary measure and we hope to be able to reinstate the bonus system at some point in the future.

Thank you all for your understanding and support

TVChaos Staff

EDIT It does appear that no-invite signup is again available :)

• Like 1

People... Those wanting invites to Torrentday......

Torrentday have a link to what appears to be a sister site that works in the same way as Torrentday with pretty much the same progs and I BELIEVE it is free to join....

torrenting.com

If the name is removed, PM me and I will give the link to you :)

As with all these sites, respect the rules and read the rules :)

The Box still going today, with torrents uploaded 2-Aug? Home pages still says closings 1-Aug?

Still running this morning, lot of old stuff on there with a sprinkling of newer stuff, including yesterdays "Songs of praise" for those feeling the need for something uplifting.

The Box still going today, with torrents uploaded 2-Aug? Home pages still says closings 1-Aug?

Still running this morning, lot of old stuff on there with a sprinkling of newer stuff, including yesterdays "Songs of praise" for those feeling the need for something uplifting.

Amazing! 28 seeders, too. w00t.gif

I doubt they have current plans to close theempire.bz or thegeeks.bz since they were encouraging users to sign up for those as thebox.bz winds down. If they were planning to migrate british shows to the empire, they would allow them on there before announcing the closure. They just seem to be abandoning the British market for now. Apparently Hannibal will still do some F1 that originates from Ireland on TheEmpire.bz.

I have to say that I rarely used it again starting about 2 months after they discarded 60% of the users and moved to zxcv.fm -- just because I could find better encodes typically available on one of my other trackers (I prefer high quality x264 encodes, and DVD images of the original discs) and I actually thought I would probably forget to log in within the required time and it would be pruned. By going completely closed -- they lacked the ability to rejuvenate the board by adding new members to replace old inactive ones -- so the end was always going to come (donations likely would eventually dry up anyway since people would think they have donated already).

I managed to get myself banned one day after the official shutdown by repeating a rumour of why they shut it down (which was denied - and I removed it because sevenof9/smpj08 sounded sincere in her denial -- even if she has a vulgar way of expressing it). In one way I find the shutdown/banning to be quite liberating -- I am now free from repercussions from zxcv.fm's virtual stalker/bully (same moderator) -- so I am not afraid of uploading content that I downloaded elsewhere or having to watch what I say on other boards for fear of offending them. I have never run into that sort of virtual stalker mentality before from anyone that I have run into before -- someone who follows members around the internet trying to find something to get upset about -- so it feels good to be free of it.

It was sort of hypocritical of the moderator there -- in a criminal mafia sort of way -- where what they stole was theirs and would get upset if you uploaded it elsewhere. I would not upload the recent encodes from there anyways to other boards just because they tend to be of lower quality than I could get elsewhere anyway.... but I do have a number of DVD images that I feel are worth sharing elsewhere.

Even though I have been banned I am still continuing to seed stuff that I was in seeding (downloaded to my seedbox to quickly get stuff I already downloaded on my seedbox) -- since the seeding is the only right I have left.... plus it will give me an idea when that box for the tracker finally gets the plug pulled.

I have two excellent sites I belong to however I cant offer either invites or the addresses as they are both private entities. However with the demise of zxcv.fm originally ''The Box,'' I took advantage of the current T.V.Chaos sign up.

My verdict, an excellent offering of material much like the box used to offer.thumbsup.gif

Edited by siampolee

I have two excellent sites I belong to however I cant offer either invites or the addresses as they are both private entities. However with the demise of zxcv.fm originally ''The Box,'' I took advantage of the current T.V.Chaos sign up.

My verdict, an excellent offering of material much like the box used to offer.thumbsup.gif

I switched to TVChaos after the demise of the Box in its original format. Yes there is plenty of good stuff there but with some restrictions.

Plenty of old tv series that I had forgotten about that pass an hour or two in the evenings, Bullman, Boon, Taggart and many others.

The main problem for me with TVChaos only is the lack of other really good stuff that is available on the likes of torrentday or torrenting. Such as the new season of Hell on Wheels and the likes of The Following, The 100 and loads of other good stuff.

At last I too found a good site where I can d/l V8 supercars. Racing at its best and better than F1 could hope to be.

• Like 1

Very useful thread. Just come back from 5 weeks in the UK, where of course there was no need for me to d/l from the box. So was shocked when I hit the zxcv.fm landing page yesterday to find it had gone (seems there was no email to members about its demise, unless the spam filter removed it for me!).

After a few minutes of panic, came here for info and have already managed to get a sign up on TVchaos, and so my Corrie fix has been supplied :)

If anyone has an invite to TD, it would be very much appreciated wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

• Like 1

I believe the notification was on the homepage at the top as a notice..... which would not have triggered a PM notification. I had not thought of that - there are probably quite a lot of people that don't log in daily and may have missed the notification.

It's been mentioned before but no harm in repeating for those still looking for download sites. http://eztv.it/

Good site with fast downloads and no ratio system.

Has lots of stuff including Discovery and History channels and yes the new series of Hell on Wheels.

Great drama I'm following at the moment "Murder in the First" which is now on episode 9

Several download links for the programs - I use the Magnet link which seems to be the simplest.

smile.png