Ms Yingluck and Pheu Thai members face indictment from the EC

Lite Beer

As I have pointed out on many times . Thailand is a member of Interpol so the Thai's could easily have them (the Shin's) arrested and extradited back.

Very true but if we go back to when Abbisit was in power Thaksin was less trouble out of the country to the Democrats than in it.

Thaksin would have been grandstanding with 1,000's prostrating themselves at his feet. I hope in the near future the media is a Shinawatra free zone.

Thaksin is right up there with Mugabe and Gadaffi on human rights issues alone, a horrible odious ,power hungry little man.

I doubt they want it to to be a Shinawatra free zone. If they finally get rid of him who can they hide behind when the corruption, cronyism etc continues unabated, much as it has done since before he even dreamed of entering politics. For all his wrongs, he is a convenient scapegoat for the countries problems which were around long before him and in all probability will be around long into the future.

Convenient scapegoat, maybe to a point but certainly the master of corruption and cronyism, that you cannot deny.

I dont deny he is corrupt and partakes in cronyism, but he is one of the large majority of politicians, police, armed forces, civil servants, private sector etc. I don't see how persecuting only one person and party for it is going to solve the ills of the country. Until the police, courts and independent agencies can be relied upon to provide clear and quick (relatively) evidence and appropriate sentencing to all persons involved regardless of affiliations, nothing is going to change. At the moment other than the aggressive following up of anything related to PTP, the approach seems to be a bottom up approach, when in my view it should be a top down one across all spectrum's. Unfortunately those tasked with carrying out these tasks should be the first ones to be reviewed. When there is questions about the credibility (rightly or wrongly) of those carrying out the tasks, the whole mess would be easier to sought out.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was less trouble out of the country to the Democrats than in it.

Thaksin would have been grandstanding with 1,000's prostrating themselves at his feet. I hope in the near future the media is a Shinawatra free zone.

Thaksin is right up there with Mugabe and Gadaffi on human rights issues alone, a horrible odious ,power hungry little man.

I doubt they want it to to be a Shinawatra free zone. If they finally get rid of him who can they hide behind when the corruption, cronyism etc continues unabated, much as it has done since before he even dreamed of entering politics. For all his wrongs, he is a convenient scapegoat for the countries problems which were around long before him and in all probability will be around long into the future.

Convenient scapegoat, maybe to a point but certainly the master of corruption and cronyism, that you cannot deny.

I dont deny he is corrupt and partakes in cronyism, but he is one of the large majority of politicians, police, armed forces, civil servants, private sector etc. I don't see how persecuting only one person and party for it is going to solve the ills of the country. Until the police, courts and independent agencies can be relied upon to provide clear and quick (relatively) evidence and appropriate sentencing to all persons involved regardless of affiliations, nothing is going to change. At the moment other than the aggressive following up of anything related to PTP, the approach seems to be a bottom up approach, when in my view it should be a top down one across all spectrum's. Unfortunately those tasked with carrying out these tasks should be the first ones to be reviewed. When there is questions about the credibility (rightly or wrongly) of those carrying out the tasks, the whole mess would be easier to sought out.

Of course he should be persecuted, he was the PM - being PM didn't mean he could / should join it the corruption, cronyism, eradication of those in his way, the persecution in court of any comment against himself which he deemed a threat - as PM he should have been endeavouring to stamp this type of practice out rather than fuelling it and refining it into an art form..

• Like 1

Of course he should be persecuted, he was the PM - being PM didn't mean he could / should join it the corruption, cronyism, eradication of those in his way, the persecution in court of any comment against himself which he deemed a threat - as PM he should have been endeavouring to stamp this type of practice out rather than fuelling it and refining it into an art form..

I am not saying he should not be prosecuted, he should be as should YS through appropriate channels, only that all corrupt persons should be, not just ones with the same surname. The coup should be about making Thailand better, not just eradicating one family and their affiliates, whilst all other corrupt persons go about their business.

Give it a break will you, the army has only begun cleaning up for the past 2 months after that awful mess of the last 3 years.

For heavens sake pull your thought together and give them a chance (even if you do not like military control) Think only 2 months --I have to repeat that as it is not getting through.

The last 3 years and NO headway. Cancer is normally very difficult when diagnosed. with some it can take an age to clear up--so there is hope for Thailand. Remember before Yinglucks first year was up she asked the population for more time to sort out the problems, 2 years later she added to them. so give the army that time eh??

I am prepared to give them time, but they should not need as much time as other Governments. After all they have no opposition and can do anything they want and are answerable to no one. It is obvious it should be quicker and easier for them to do anything than it is for a civilian Government.

The last 3 years no head way, no argument there, and the previous 2 years before that?, and the previous year under military rule before that?, and the 17 other times under military rule? How did they go on with curing these issues? these problems are age old not new. What gives you confidence this time is going to be any different to the countless others?

• Like 1

Does anyone know if YL is like her brother and has insurance in the form of a passport(s) issued elsewhere ?

If she ' forgets ' to come back will NCPO pursue her with more vigor than was displayed over her brother ?

If substantive criminal charges exist and Interpol are asked to issue a Red Notice that's not necessarily an end to it as Interpol member countries are not obliged to enforce the Red Notice, or any other for that matter, and the only sanctions that can be used is for the organisation to warn them or to suspend / cancel their membership.

If YL finds herself in a friendly country with no Thai, or other passport, and a Red Notice issued she can be allowed to live there but cannot travel.

I'm sure her caddy will be able to pass on lots of useful advice.

. . . then, its very duplicitous of foreign countries, like Great Britain to "harbour" the Thai political criminal, while their 'allies and friends in democracy' criticise Thailand and cut off diplomatic relations.

Isn't it?

And that is just the tip of the iceberg, Wait till you find out out what her brother and the BOT did to the baht, and you might not be surprised that China will be in the mix on that too. I been doing some digging and can't find a good reason for the value of the baht rate what do they export to bring in investments to increase baht's value? surely it isn't rice, rubber, or gold. Oh wait it is the pirated DVD's and other goods? Nah they get that from China. Think about it It might be wise to shy away from holding baht maybe home currency stashed in a safe might be prudent in light of up coming events. You wouldn't want to be caught with your pants down.

Please do tell how to manipulate the currency. Many free floating currency countries like Japan will benefit from your wisdom.

Does anyone know if YL is like her brother and has insurance in the form of a passport(s) issued elsewhere ?

If she ' forgets ' to come back will NCPO pursue her with more vigor than was displayed over her brother ?

If substantive criminal charges exist and Interpol are asked to issue a Red Notice that's not necessarily an end to it as Interpol member countries are not obliged to enforce the Red Notice, or any other for that matter, and the only sanctions that can be used is for the organisation to warn them or to suspend / cancel their membership.

If YL finds herself in a friendly country with no Thai, or other passport, and a Red Notice issued she can be allowed to live there but cannot travel.

I'm sure her caddy will be able to pass on lots of useful advice.

. . . then, its very duplicitous of foreign countries, like Great Britain to "harbour" the Thai political criminal, while their 'allies and friends in democracy' criticise Thailand and cut off diplomatic relations.

Isn't it?

I don't know is she's reached Britain yet but as long as her passport and visa are in order and Thailand hasn't requested extradition where's the problem ?

It will be all so different if her passport was to be revoked and a Red Notice issued putting the onus on Britain, or wherever, to decide if they will harbour her.

When her brother was in Britain and a fugitive from Thai law his documentation was in order as it took the Democrat govt around a year to cancel his passport but he had already put other measures in place. I do believe he was told to leave Britain.

I really find it hard to comprehend how many Thaivisa members cannot see through what is happening, blindly believing the Junta's rhetoric. May I suggest some of you start looking at history, asking questions and thinking for yourselves. The information is out there, you just need to leave your bar stools for an hour or two and put the work in.

wai.gif

How arrogant of you.

You don't believe what the military say but blindly accepted that the PTP always told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Do you not remember that the finance minister of the PTP openly admitted that he lied to parliament, the Thai people and the world over the state of the countries finances, that the commerce minister lied about G2G rice deals, or even the fairy princess Yingluck and other ministers lied continuously about paying the farmers?

Then you accuse many people of believeing the militaries "rhetoric". A military that in less than 3 months has achieved more that the previous "government" did in more than 3 years.

I also object to you saying some of us "need to get off our bar stools and put the work in". Most of the posters don't sit on bar stools but live their own lives.

Here here, well said. Mr Yim, i think it better you actually retire to a bar stool, and think over your rhetoric.

With a name like that are you trying to throw us off, and your really from the UK eh .

• Like 2

Give it a break will you, the army has only begun cleaning up for the past 2 months after that awful mess of the last 3 years.

For heavens sake pull your thought together and give them a chance (even if you do not like military control) Think only 2 months --I have to repeat that as it is not getting through.

The last 3 years and NO headway. Cancer is normally very difficult when diagnosed. with some it can take an age to clear up--so there is hope for Thailand. Remember before Yinglucks first year was up she asked the population for more time to sort out the problems, 2 years later she added to them. so give the army that time eh??

I am prepared to give them time, but they should not need as much time as other Governments. After all they have no opposition and can do anything they want and are answerable to no one. It is obvious it should be quicker and easier for them to do anything than it is for a civilian Government.

The last 3 years no head way, no argument there, and the previous 2 years before that?, and the previous year under military rule before that?, and the 17 other times under military rule? How did they go on with curing these issues? these problems are age old not new. What gives you confidence this time is going to be any different to the countless others?

Fairly easy just have a more positive attitude. As for the time it takes to do every thing quickly you are expecting even miracles there. They have opposition so they have to be careful---guess who.

OK give them time say one and a half years, half the time of the last lot who you say did sweet fizz all, I think that's fair but the army said less, lets see.

I will be with hundreds to bash if this turns out to be the opposite to what I hope. ease off a bit and stop hitting the wife and kicking the dog please.cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I really find it hard to comprehend how many Thaivisa members cannot see through what is happening, blindly believing the Junta's rhetoric. May I suggest some of you start looking at history, asking questions and thinking for yourselves. The information is out there, you just need to leave your bar stools for an hour or two and put the work in.

wai.gif

How arrogant of you.

You don't believe what the military say but blindly accepted that the PTP always told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Do you not remember that the finance minister of the PTP openly admitted that he lied to parliament, the Thai people and the world over the state of the countries finances, that the commerce minister lied about G2G rice deals, or even the fairy princess Yingluck and other ministers lied continuously about paying the farmers?

Then you accuse many people of believeing the militaries "rhetoric". A military that in less than 3 months has achieved more that the previous "government" did in more than 3 years.

I also object to you saying some of us "need to get off our bar stools and put the work in". Most of the posters don't sit on bar stools but live their own lives.

Here here, well said. Mr Yim, i think it better you actually retire to a bar stool, and think over your rhetoric.

With a name like that are you trying to throw us off, and your really from the UK eh .

How dare you insult us Britscheesy.gif

Fairly easy just have a more positive attitude. As for the time it takes to do every thing quickly you are expecting even miracles there. They have opposition so they have to be careful---guess who.

OK give them time say one and a half years, half the time of the last lot who you say did sweet fizz all, I think that's fair but the army said less, lets see.

I will be with hundreds to bash if this turns out to be the opposite to what I hope. ease off a bit and stop hitting the wife and kicking the dog please.cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Okay Ginjag, I will try and be more positive towards the wonderful leaders, and you try and be more questioning and more skeptical on things that are said and maybe or maybe not done.We may meet somewhere in the middle

• Like 2

wai.gif

How arrogant of you.

I didn't read the post as being pro PTP? There are many issues to which most are not privy OR open to discussion given the prevailing climate. You should reserve judgment before calling other's 'arrogant'. You're coming over all sheep-like. It's not your country, you have no say, so don't get so excited wink.png

• Like 1

I am not saying he should not be prosecuted, he should be as should YS through appropriate channels, only that all corrupt persons should be, not just ones with the same surname. The coup should be about making Thailand better, not just eradicating one family and their affiliates, whilst all other corrupt persons go about their business.

No argument on that point but let's start at the top.

• Like 1

Okay Ginjag, I will try and be more positive towards the wonderful leaders, and you try and be more questioning and more skeptical on things that are said and maybe or maybe not done.We may meet somewhere in the middle

Good thinking Batman,thumbsup.gif I am aware of a few things being done that are maybe to some not good prioritizing and have posted that in the past.

Again It was the Governing from before that I bashed, this is my stance and always has been, history was a minute ago hopefully when some media get the message and some organizations stop the unnecessary bad reporting and give the army the chance then the army may lift the hard line on the media, not forgetting it seems the only ones that have felt the stick have only themselves to blame in many ways. I do not think this is affecting the Thai in the street. Cheers.

Good thinking Batman,thumbsup.gif I am aware of a few things being done that are maybe to some not good prioritizing and have posted that in the past.

Again It was the Governing from before that I bashed, this is my stance and always has been, history was a minute ago hopefully when some media get the message and some organizations stop the unnecessary bad reporting and give the army the chance then the army may lift the hard line on the media, not forgetting it seems the only ones that have felt the stick have only themselves to blame in many ways. I do not think this is affecting the Thai in the street. Cheers.

Ginjag, all Governments, organizations etc are subject to reporting, some in praise, much negative. Why should the NCPO get a free pass when no one else does? Why should they be exempt from negative reporting? I don't see how stifling reporting is going to help them in the long run, and in this day and age you simply cannot suppress it.

Negative reporting on previous Governments was always there, some was probably true, some was probably rubbish, what would the reaction of been if they had banned all negative reporting by media outlets with the threats which are currently there? There would have been uproar, what makes it okay now?

The NCPO put themselves in this position rightly or wrongly, and as such should take the rough with the smooth when it comes to reporting in the media, if they are doing as good a job as people claim, there really cannot be much negative to report. For armed forces of a country, they sure do have thin skins, i dread to think what General Prayuth will be like if he becomes PM and the reporting is actually allowed, it won't be everyone bowing at his feet like in the army, he should get used to it and take the good and bad on the chin with a stiff upper lip:).I believe gagging the media just breeds distrust not harmony.

"... they have no opposition (they do - but perhaps not entirely visible) and can do anything they want (they 'can do' but 'may not') and are answerable to no one (except the Thais, and the world, eventually) ..."

Yes, the EC are the cleanest of clean.

What a complete shower, now they show their true colors now their nemesis are out of the way.

They will be a few more that will have the open fist up their backs controlling them making sure as many indictments as possible will be made ensuring that Yingluck et all will not be be returning,for the time being anyway.

Of course, in your red-tinted view, NONE of the indictments are warranted.

Bitter, much?

Bitter: Always, Sober: eh...not so much ;)

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So will the EC prosecute Suthep for making a farce of the same election by ordering people to prevent access to the polling booths?

Well we can live in hope.

Excellent question along with what ever happened to the trials for Suthrep and Abhisit for the 2010 murders? All of a sudden no media is reporting on this matter. How about Abhisit and the NACC charges which have been under "investigation" the past several years?

Also, I understand how one can be "charged" but how could they ever be convicted for election campaigning when the vote was null and void and therefore technically "never occurred"?

Ginjag, all Governments, organizations etc are subject to reporting, some in praise, much negative. Why should the NCPO get a free pass when no one else does? Why should they be exempt from negative reporting? I don't see how stifling reporting is going to help them in the long run, and in this day and age you simply cannot suppress it.

Negative reporting on previous Governments was always there, some was probably true, some was probably rubbish, what would the reaction of been if they had banned all negative reporting by media outlets with the threats which are currently there? There would have been uproar, what makes it okay now?

The NCPO put themselves in this position rightly or wrongly, and as such should take the rough with the smooth when it comes to reporting in the media, if they are doing as good a job as people claim, there really cannot be much negative to report. For armed forces of a country, they sure do have thin skins, i dread to think what General Prayuth will be like if he becomes PM and the reporting is actually allowed, it won't be everyone bowing at his feet like in the army, he should get used to it and take the good and bad on the chin with a stiff upper lip:).I believe gagging the media just breeds distrust not harmony.

To my mind there was a bit of over reaction, but we as commoners have no idea of the dangers out there, and what harm could come, But he made the bold decision to do this, Hope fully it was for the better, but we naturally think its negative-I agree, but this is the part that I spoke about to you -a few things I objected to.

The media are not completely gagged though, he wanted all negative reporting stopped until they get the dung sorted. If he oversteps eventually all persons are accountable, although some do slip under the lino.

I wish for the return of more press freedom. But it did quell the red army propaganda TV etc that was out of order, as well as any other anti clean-up brigade.thumbsup.gif

So will the EC prosecute Suthep for making a farce of the same election by ordering people to prevent access to the polling booths?

Well we can live in hope.

Excellent question along with what ever happened to the trials for Suthrep and Abhisit for the 2010 murders? All of a sudden no media is reporting on this matter. How about Abhisit and the NACC charges which have been under "investigation" the past several years?

Also, I understand how one can be "charged" but how could they ever be convicted for election campaigning when the vote was null and void and therefore technically "never occurred"?

Oh get off your lazy backside and check yesterday's threads where both Suthep & Abhisit appeared in court for a hearing on the trumped up 2010 charges.

The PTP mob are being charged for using (wasting) public money in their campaigning. That cannot be (historically) rewritten as never having occurred.

The EC must consider they are on firm ground to proceed with this number of Indictments, unfortunately in Thailand, some seem to think that they can do what they like , especially when it comes to money that is not there's for the taking, whether all these people are guilty remains to be seen, however , it is a poor reflection of the type of person leading the country up to the coup and one can only hope that those that are guilty are drummed out of politics forever and that Western governments who highly criticised the coup, take notice of this trial, US and Australia in particular. bah.gif

I personally think that the "firm ground" that the EC have "considered" they're on is related to the fact that there is a military junta in power at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure the stance of the US and Australia on the abrogation of citizens rights as a result of a military coup will change as a result of a hostile Election Commission's allegations of misuse of state funds whilst "electioneering" - NOT.

Sorry "fab4" , I'm having problems finding out what freedoms Thai citizens have lost since the coup, could you please elaborate on these freedoms?? smile.pngwai.gif

• Like 1

Does anyone here actually believe Yingluck will return to BKK to face indictment? I seriously doubt she will. Some think the junta let her leave knowing she wouldn't return. Then they won't have to deal with all the international and domestic controversy around her arrest, prosecution and imprisonment.

Edited by HerbalEd

To my mind there was a bit of over reaction, but we as commoners have no idea of the dangers out there, and what harm could come, But he made the bold decision to do this, Hope fully it was for the better, but we naturally think its negative-I agree, but this is the part that I spoke about to you -a few things I objected to.

The media are not completely gagged though, he wanted all negative reporting stopped until they get the dung sorted. If he oversteps eventually all persons are accountable, although some do slip under the lino.

I wish for the return of more press freedom. But it did quell the red army propaganda TV etc that was out of order, as well as any other anti clean-up brigade.thumbsup.gif

Herein lies one of the problems, they can never be held accountable, no one in the NCPO can, as it is written into the constitution that anything they say and do is deemed legal, and amnesty would be granted under clause 48. The military is never accountable to anything or anyone in Thailand, despite long suffering from the same problems as the rest of society.

Personally. As the election has been ruled null and void then the offences are as well. Certainly a warning about future conduct is needed but as far as I'm aware the null and void ruling ensured Abhisit etc of being able to run in the next election as they didn't actually boycott the February election due to nullification!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Personally. As the election has been ruled null and void then the offences are as well. Certainly a warning about future conduct is needed but as far as I'm aware the null and void ruling ensured Abhisit etc of being able to run in the next election as they didn't actually boycott the February election due to nullification!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The offences, once committed (allegedly), cannot be whitewashed from having happened despite the election being nullified.

By the same token, the charges against the monk & others of disrupting the election cannot be nullified.

• Like 1