NCPO reprimands muslim leader for pro-Gaza rally in Bangkok

webfact

Junta Reprimands Muslim Leader For Pro-Gaza Rally in Bangkok
By Khaosod English

14065365501406536756l.jpg
Satienparp Suksamran met with military officers at the Army Club in Bangkok to acknowledge that his anti-Israel protest was a violation of the junta’s ban on public gatherings, 27 July 2014.

BANGKOK – Thailand’s military junta has summoned a Shiite imam for violating the ban on public protests by organizing a pro-Palestine rally in Bangkok last Friday.

Satienparp Suksamran, chairman of Al Quids International Federation of Thailand, led a demonstration in front of Israel Embassy in Bangkok on 25 July to protest Israel's ongoing assault in the Gaza Strip. Israel launched amilitary offensive against Hamas militants in Gaza earlier this month, so far killing more than 1,000 Palestinians, the majority of whom were civilians.

Yesterday, Mr. Satienparp met with military officers at Army Club in Bangkok to acknowledge that his protest was a violation of the junta’s ban on public gatherings, which was imposed shortly after the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) staged a coup against the previous government on 22 May.

The press was not allowed to observe the meeting, but Mr. Satienparp told reporters afterwards that he explained to the officers that the protest was solely about the humanitarian situation in Gaza.

"Similar protests have been held in other countries," the Shiite cleric said. "The protest has no connection with Thai politics."

Nevertheless, the Al Quids Federation in Thailand has agreed not to stage any further protests, Mr. Satienparp said.

The NCPO has strictly enforced the ban on public gatherings on all anti-coup demonstrations, but has less frequently interfered with rallies around other causes. In the past month, an anti-America protest, pro-death penalty rally, and a previous anti-Israel demonstration were all been permitted without interference from authorities.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1406536550&section=00

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-07-29

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...........one would think it a noble protest...against.........the eradication of a people.... termed....genocide.......

...and according to this hidden piece of research.....based on a lie.....

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/03/01/new-genome-study-destroys-zionist-claims-to-palestine/

...but I guess they are just enforcing the law equally....even though, true...it has nothing to do with Thai politics...

Can only imagine how the rest of the Muslims will view this,to them Thailand just declared war on Allah.The muslim terrorists in the south or (insurgents) as they are called will bring the fight to bangkok now......

The NCPO should have let him see this answer.

One woman opened her mouth and asked the question. w00t.gif Talk about being shot down in flames.thumbsup.gif

If you open your mouth to push your barrow be prepared to have it filled very accurately and with facts.clap2.gif

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/heritage-foundation-panelist-radical-islam

• Like 2

I see the guy NCOP called in is Shitte, they only comprise 1% of the Thai Muslim community

Regardless of your feelings for the man, he is in fact Shiite whistling.gif

You mean he follows the Shiite version of Islam? He is a man, nationality Thai and Shiite religion.

know you like to be precise.

This Al Quids should be nipped in the bud before it becomes an Al Qaida.

I wouldn't worry about that. It is controlled and financed by the Iranian embassy.

Can only imagine how the rest of the Muslims will view this,to them Thailand just declared war on Allah.The muslim terrorists in the south or (insurgents) as they are called will bring the fight to bangkok now......

You should read up a bit or talk to someone about Muslims in Thailand. All of the above is 100% wrong.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 2

I see the guy NCOP called in is Shitte, they only comprise 1% of the Thai Muslim community

Regardless of your feelings for the man, he is in fact Shiite whistling.gif

I have no "feelings for the man", just pointing out he represents (if indeed he does) a tiny minority of Thai Muslims.

The NCPO should have let him see this answer.

One woman opened her mouth and asked the question. w00t.gif Talk about being shot down in flames.thumbsup.gif

If you open your mouth to push your barrow be prepared to have it filled very accurately and with facts.clap2.gif

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/heritage-foundation-panelist-radical-islam

She was not 'shot down in flames'. The response was populist misinformation

This individual is the same as the terrorists waging Jihad in Southern Thailand.

They should have arrested him !

I predict soon more and more of his friends will be coming up to Northern areas of Thailand...

I'm from Vegas and I'll bet on it !

Erase the cancer of Thailand before it gets worse...

" Israel launched a military offensive against Hamas militants in Gaza earlier this month, so far killing more than 1,000 Palestinians, the majority of whom were civilians."

So much for impartiality. giggle.gif

I just watch the news like anyone else. Is Joan wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5Q7yuaXjM#t=57

Edited by thailiketoo

Reprimand.

The Junta has told the "Al Quids International Federation of Thailand" that what they did was illegal (no doubt the Israeli ambassador reminded them), they are taking no further action this time, (sure to get protests from the Israeli Ambassador).

This individual is the same as the terrorists waging Jihad in Southern Thailand.

They should have arrested him !

I predict soon more and more of his friends will be coming up to Northern areas of Thailand...

I'm from Vegas and I'll bet on it !

This post shows no understanding about Muslims in Thailand or about this group or about the South. This man is from Bangkok. He has no connection with, or feelings for, the southerners. The people in the South are not waging jihad.

If you bet on it, then, unlike this man, you are subject to arrest.

Amazing really. This small Shiite clan protesting about the Gaza onslaught. Why do I find it amazing? Isis is summarily executing every Shiite they come across (they've also made history by ethnically cleansing every single Christian in Mosul), 2000 Shiites killed in Pakistan and so on, yet they - nor anybody else - want to protest about this. 170,000 Palestinians slaughtered by Assad, half a million tortured... Protests? Nope.

• Like 2

Yeah, sure, Mexico should invade California and Texas. You expect them to be tranquilo?

Israel was created by the United Nations.

Soon after Israel was attacked by numerous neighboring countries.

If the Arabs had won there would be no Israel.

But they lost.

Time for the losers to grow up, face facts and move on.

Like Mexico.

Look at the lands in the world controlled by majority Arab populations and/or majority Muslim populations.

Then look at TINY Israel.

What's this obsession with denying Jews this one TINY country?

But that the Arabs attack first doesn't justify to steal land from Arab farmers and murder civilians. Jewish and Arabs are equal crazy in this conflict and the regular poor people die.......

According to OP the Imam said: " the protest was solely about the humanitarian situation in Gaza." Further he added: "The protest has no connection with Thai politics."

For a respected and intelligent Leader it is an act of duplicity, selective memory and/or a complete unwillingness to acknowledge the fact that his spiritual charges just killed and maimed a number of Thai kids in the South.

Actually they are doing this on a perpetual basis.

If the Imam is beyond the politics - he shouldn't have led the demonstration. That is duplicity on a grand scale.

Shame to him and to the Thai rulers for letting it happen.

Yeah, sure, Mexico should invade California and Texas. You expect them to be tranquilo?

Israel was created by the United Nations.

Soon after Israel was attacked by numerous neighboring countries.

If the Arabs had won there would be no Israel.

But they lost.

Time for the losers to grow up, face facts and move on.

Like Mexico.

Look at the lands in the world controlled by majority Arab populations and/or majority Muslim populations.

Then look at TINY Israel.

What's this obsession with denying Jews this one TINY country?

You're the first person I've seen quote Mexico, it's an argument I use with Americans to try to get the point across. Kudos to you!

The news article is indeed massively biased. It implied that Israel was not provoked into military action. Indeed they were ... with thousands of rocket attacks and tunnels of terror going directly into Israel with intentions of mass murder of Israeli civilians. Any country would be completely justified in defending against that kind of aggression.

From the embassy of Israel.

Israel comes in peace to the Muslims of Thailand:

The Ambassador of Israel H.E. Mr. Simon Roded met representatives of Thai Muslim community at the Embassy of Israel. In the meeting, the Ambassador emphasized that Israel has no dispute with Muslims as such. Israel holds high regards and respects for the Thai Muslims.
Israel is defending its citizens from indiscriminate and intentional attacks carried out by terrorist organizations from Gaza, mainly Hamas. By targeting Israeli civilians and using Palestinian civilians as human shields, Hamas is committing a double war crime.

attachicon.gifP1010953_4 Web.jpg

http://embassies.gov.il/bangkok-en/NewsAndEvents/Pages/The-Ambassador-of-Israel-Meets-Thai-Muslim-Group.aspx

You are certainly correct that it is massively biased. However the chief bias lies in the media's refusal to indite the fact that both sides cling to religious dogmas developed thousands of years ago by people literally too ignorant to keep their food and feces separated. Dogmas that all but insist that the creator of the universe wishes the creation of ethnically and religiously pure communities at any cost. Dogmas that celebrate (!) the successful and almost successful genocides undertaken by men like Moses and Muhammad.

Attempting to deal with this as if the players were rational people is overly optimistic.