Getting Fed Up Of Thailand

robes

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You built the country??? YOU BUILT THE COUNTRY???!!!!

So we know who to blame for the poor drainage in Bangkok; the termite and cockroach infestations in almost every building over 30.

Yeah, great job, grandpa.

A perfect example, of someone who should read properly before posting.

I'm still trying to look at where he posted that "he built the country", get back to me when you can find it as well.

Go easy on him Toady, the boy has special needs. biggrin.png

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good post, I make you 100% wrong in my experience. Combination of pension and savings only has to be 800,000 baht. That's not much.

I know a lot of guys after being here 10 years and reading the majority of questions about visas. Seems to me the old guys are here legally and all the visa runners are young men not able to qualify for a retirement extension.

Why would anyone care? The old guys fill an economic niche in Thailand. The only people I've seen jealous of these gentlemen are on ThaiVisa. Immigration has made the retirement visa process easier every year. It only takes me 20 minutes and 1900 and I'm good for another 12 months. Mark my words.

Trust me, with the baby boomers booming Thailand will only see more and more retired folk. Just a matter of time when countries will realize it is less expensive to run nursing homes in Thailand than in the West and those will be paid for by Western governmental money.

You're right, 800K ain't much at all but why are there so many of those service companies that will lend so-called "retirees" the 800k to make their bank accounts qualify for the retirement extension? Do you really think immigration doesn't KNOW about these services? See how many penniless but visa-legal pensioners crawl out of the woodwork crying like pussies when those facilities are routed.

I don't think there are that many when compared with legal retirement extensions. I would think it would make little difference if they were cracked down on. If a man wants to take out a personal loan for a few baht and deposit it in a Thai bank for three months who would know anyway?

I have lived here 4 years now and I am starting to look for another place. I am simply feed up with the trouble of doing business here, visa, work-permit etc. and of course also now having to report to the police, when we go and visit friends and family here. It is just too much and I have become really sick of it.

Our company here could e.g. grow and easily hire 2-3 skilled foreigners, but since we need hire 4 Thai-employees to get one work-permit, then it is simply not worth staying here. And we can not find the skilled local staff, so it is impossible to grow the business here. It is simply stupid and frustrating as well. Can not find local staff, but need them to be able to hire skilled foreign staff.

Will visit both Cambodia and Philippines during the next couple of weeks and then decide where to move. One thing is for sure... I am out of here. I was hoping for better conditions for foreigners here, but have seen nothing else that more and more restrictions. It seems as Thailand is only a place for older people with their pensions to spend.

A shame really...

Very big pensions in some cases

Get yourself a Cambodian passport, only 500,000 us dollars, peanuts realy

I don't really need a passport, since I already have one.

I just need a place to have a business, where I do not need to hire 4 local staff, when I want to hire a foreigner who can do the job. Besides that would be nice to be able to own 100% of the business, I invest 100% in and not only 49%. Have until now stayed here for personal reasons and because I hoped things would change to the better. Since this does not seem to be the case, then luckily I have other options.

There are actually countries out there, who actually value foreign investment and skills and who will not make things as complicated as possible for me. The current situation here does not attract or value foreign investors and entrepreneurs. It might take some time for Thailand to see that, but when they do it might also hurt the people living on their pensions here.

Forget Laos then!! You think Thailand is complicated?!

Another one who can't read properly.

Where did ATF say that he built the country?

I used the word "you" in reference to the plural sense since, the way ATF was talking, his demographic - namely "senior expats" - built the country.

I hope that clarifies the matter for those whom, perhaps owing to advancing years, may be less agile of mind.

Obviously, one man didn't build the country, did he?

You guys aren't going to win any mental dexterity prizes, are you?

My feelings, I'm very happy with the recent changes.

The idiots who pretend that they have something to offer Thailand will move on.

And what is it that you offer to Thailand, besides calling people you don't like idiots?

Since I have worked for my current company (Thai owned) I have helped them to increase their exports by over 600% and expand their workforce from 100 to over 400 workers.

Next year as a result of our expansion, we open our new factory, which covers 160,000 square meters.

Over to you.

You are being a bit conservative to, you have failed to mention everything from the income tax you pay through to all the on the job assistance, guidance, experience and training to people that would of missed out having had you not been here.

Also I am aware of the charities you have been involved with but I understand you desire to remain silent about some of the good deeds you've done in recent years.

Don't expect a douche to understand what you are talking about.

• Like 1

I used the word "you" in reference to the plural sense since, the way ATF was talking, his demographic - namely "senior expats" - built the country.

I hope that clarifies the matter for those whom, perhaps owing to advancing years, may be less agile of mind.

Advancing years, precisely what age would that be?

Talking of prizes, you still haven't answered the initial question, and have just used the usual insults such as "being old" to cover up your intellectual deficiencies and social inadequacies - so there's still no prize for you at his point, but wouldn't be surprised if you eventually manage to win a Darwinsmile.png

Edited by mrtoad

Look I don't know what you expect or want from Thailand. Maybe you could elaborate? Nevertheless I sincerely believe Thailand and the people living here are not up to your high standards. When I came here there were no expressways, subways, skytrains or Starbucks for you to Pontificate in.

I am proud of the contribution I made to Thailand and am proud to accepted as a Thai. Something you couldn't imagine in your wildest dreams.

Time to run back to Nanny state. SIMPLES.

But Thailand is the nanny state. Regular police stop and checks. Curfews. Even having television controlled and switched off at a certain time and replaced with a government test card. Kafka-esque bureaucratic nightmares. Jail for criticising certain people. History books re-called and re-written.

RC,

It's simple. If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen then .......

Of course it's much easier to create a thread and moan.

When I don't like something I withdraw myself from it...... Some &lt;deleted&gt; want to moan about this and that.

Sad and pathetic

Again learn to read.

ATF did not state anywhere that he had any part of building this country.

Obviously you think that you are the only person who is ever correct and if anyone does not agree with you, they are wrong.

Seriously, if you are any indication of the trailer trash that is now turning up on the streets of Thailand, it is no wonder that the rules of immigration are being enforced.

Once people like you have been deported, Thailand's IQ level will increase rapidly. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Oh my god, he's upset about having to carry ID. The Sky is falling.

Not all that simple for a tourist on a beach, trekking or adventure holiday to do.

They won't have a Thai D/L, and their passport could easily get lost, damaged or stolen.

Farang should be microchipped as they enter the country, then they could just be scanned and tracked. An electronic shock mode would also be benificial :P

• Like 1

Look I don't know what you expect or want from Thailand. Maybe you could elaborate?

ATF, I think he wants a Visa, but doesn't qualify laugh.png

The clown has marijuana leaves in his avatar. Probably wears the Khaosan clown suit to Immigration and still wonders why he doesn't qualify.

Probably got the braided hair as well

• Like 1

I would suggest getting a Soapie and you will feel much better in the morning... promisethumbsup.gif

He's probably a soap dodger

why be so damn abusive and negitive toward this guy ? idiots bah.gif

A bloke who is abusive towards the police, hates Thailand and then post's the injustice of it all. Actually, it's a load of BS.

If you're fed up of it, then just go home, no need to announce it to the world.

Stupid is, as stupid does.

^Same old bag of scrotes on every thread attempting to disrupt/sidetrack the thread or bully members.

Er no, sane people trying to put some balance on the "Hate Thailand Brigade", who seem to think the world owes them a living. The people who act like an ass, then find that Thailand is not the place for them. The OP, great guy - abuses the police, gets a slap and then moans about it. You think that's acceptable? Not in any country really.

• Like 2

^Same old bag of scrotes on every thread attempting to disrupt/sidetrack the thread or bully members.

Mad Mary uuh? Just about sums it up.

What most of you can't get your stupid heads around is that older people are respected in Thailand. Younger people are not. Live with it.

I would suggest getting a Soapie and you will feel much better in the morning... promisethumbsup.gif

Are retards being cloned now? Dirty Cash? Oh I'm not advertising my illegal activities. Nob!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Look I don't know what you expect or want from Thailand. Maybe you could elaborate? Nevertheless I sincerely believe Thailand and the people living here are not up to your high standards. When I came here there were no expressways, subways, skytrains or Starbucks for you to Pontificate in.

I am proud of the contribution I made to Thailand and am proud to accepted as a Thai. Something you couldn't imagine in your wildest dreams.

Right, I have no desire whatsoever to be Thai. I'm a British subject and happy to remain so. I qualify for my visa to remain here perfectly legally.

The Thai people have been great to me so I've no beef with them whatsoever.

Any "issues" if one can call them that lie in listening to the delusions of fools who have the arrogance and conceit to genuinely maintain that they made some kind of critical, fundamental contribution to Thailand's development.

If that's the case, why then do so many of you bitch, complain and lament on the shortcomings of Thai society, "Thainess" and their morals? . . . I could go on but you get the drift, yes?

Surely the invaluable contributions of these pillars of architecture, construction engineers, judicial luminaries and university lecturers would have left a more indelible mark?

As for your being accepted as a Thai, come again??!!

Really? Please elaborate on HOW - exactly - you're accepted as a Thai.

Do you have PR? Citizenship?

Tell us about the MEANINGFUL contribution you've made to Thailand that ostensibly entitles you to claim to be accepted as a Thailaugh.png

Please tell us that you're attributing your lofty, more-Thai-than-thou status to more than the support of a string of bargirls, their extended deadbeat families and the establishments at which they work.

I've read a lot of your posts and to say that you come over as a particularly boorish ignoramus is an understatement but I had no idea of the depth and scale of your delusions.

• Like 1

So you support the op's actions with the officials. That last word of your post falls closer to you.

Surely the invaluable contributions of these pillars of architecture, construction engineers, judicial luminaries and university lecturers would have left a more indelible mark?

As for your being accepted as a Thai, come again??!!

Really? Please elaborate on HOW - exactly - you're accepted as a Thai.

My contributions are in the constructions I have completed. Sorry I didn't get a plaque I just got the cash.

Since I have lived over half my life in this Country speak Thai better than most Thais that haven't a University education, can cook just about any Thai dish better than a Thai and play golf and other activities with senior members of the establishment and entertainment industry. Bugger Off!

• Like 1

Retiring in Thailand is far better than trying to work, i wont even ask if you have a work permitwhistling.gif

Overall the enforced rules need to be applied,we have terrorism on the southern border,world wide crazy muslims, non thai criminaLS, overstayers,ed visa scammers,do i need to continue????

The whole system has not been adhered to, and non thais think its so easy to flaunt the LAW.

All the corruption haters, welcome to the Junta

Well, take your pick. It does sound like any other country

If you swore at a police officer I have absolutely no sympathy. And as for speaking "fluently" I have been here nearly 20 years and every person I have ever met who has told me that has been a lier. People I know who have master's degrees in Thai language from London and have lived here for decades and speak and read and write Thai still do not regard their skills as "fluent". You might be good or OK but I doubt whether you are fluent, my friend.

• Like 1