Router Virus

anonymouse

Hi Guys,

Not great on the technical side of things but I seem to have got a malware virus on my laptop that I can't get rid of it is a'flash update virus' that seems to take over and ask me to download the update if I try to access google.com facebook or youtube. I have researched the issue and ran various malware programs as suggested and the virus is still there. Some of the reports I have read on the virus is that it could be a router virus and they suggest resetting the router back to factory settings. Now I can do that but what happens next? Will I need to contact my Internet provider to get it all set up again?

Your time is appreciated!

My personal experience with Thai adsl is that the provided routers usually work without having to input user details. However, to make sure, just open your router before you do anything and copy the username and other details. To open your router settings, open your web browser and type this address: 192.168.1.1. Username and password is usually: admin, admin .

Are you sure that it's a virus? The sites you listed all use flash so it could be a legitimate update. Which web browser do you use? Google has flash built-in but IE and Firefox need Flash installed by the user.