Who's this elite card for?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Love these hi-so replies. I lost that much on the weekend. I wouldn't think about it too much. Lol. Rich people unlike some of the fake posters here do not like losing money. That's why they don't buy elite card.....

Anyway my question has been answered. Who is the Elite card for? Obviously it is for people who have 500k but don't have 10 million as shown several times on this thread. The kind of "Elite" members Thailand hopes to attract. Lolololol

I wss right. No wealthy person would ever buy this card.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Having 500K available doesn't mean you are rich by any means you gibbon

biggrin.png Love the gibbon bit....................thumbsup.gif

(I actually answered this wind-up from him-from-another-place and am regretting it now)

• Like 2

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love these hi-so replies. I lost that much on the weekend. I wouldn't think about it too much. Lol. Rich people unlike some of the fake posters here do not like losing money. That's why they don't buy elite card.....

Anyway my question has been answered. Who is the Elite card for? Obviously it is for people who have 500k but don't have 10 million as shown several times on this thread. The kind of "Elite" members Thailand hopes to attract. Lolololol

Having 500K available doesn't mean you are rich by any means you gibbon

Couldn't agree more.

500k v 10m, how is one exclusive to the other?

I can afford mortgage repayments on my 500k house but certainly can't to do so on a 10m house.

To think the 2 are mutually exclusive is crazy.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The elite card has nothing to do with investment. If you feel so strongly about investing, put up your 10 million and get on with it.

I don't understand your fascination and trying to link the two??

Because they are both available to unmarried under 50s with no intention to work here and both have a defining characteristic about being exclusively about monetary levels, one as a cost, one as a inward investment.

Seems obvious..

It's the same people here who slag off the people who bought an elite card who also back home slate people who can afford luxery cars and wrist watches etc. Jealousy simple as that. They just cannot comprehend someone spending more money than they have, anything above this threshold is 'a waste' and pointless and STUPID, right?

Got it all the time in Indonesia over apartments, people saying "how can you spend $1800 on a serviced apartment? My apartment is only $300 and I live just fine, roofs over my head is all I need, you must be stupid?"

W4ankers (all of then happen to be teachers funnily enough)

Here is another wanna be super star.

He is comparing an overpriced serviced apartment that he used to pay, like the other guy comparing luxury cars.... which incidentally has nothing to do with this thread except to boost the insecurities of certain posters by saying how much money they have.

Yes, you are all so rich..... yet can not afford a partly 10 million baht for an investment visa?

ROFL

This 500k elite visa is for the guys who don't wanna leave cheap sex, but don't have any other means to stay in Thailand. It's like leasing a car instead of buying. In another 5 years, you are going to lease another.

Do rich people like above posters lease cars?

Bring it on guys! I love a good laugh!

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

The one deal breaker for me when dealing with SCB was that they insisted on settling in THB as opposed to USD. Currency loss at their rate at time of conversion on ฿10MM just doesn't make sense. Haven't looked further since.

I'm due to pick up my ABTC when I return back to Canada for an annual visit. My HK friends with ABTC get fast track and 90 days stamped into their UK passports upon arrival at swampy. Will be interesting to see if I get the same as a Canadian. If so, Elite just lost what I feel to be a great advantage.

Be aware that the days of waltzing through on an ABTC and automatically getting 90 days have been over for quite a long time now.

I enter the country on a very regular basis on an ABTC for business and in the past 12 months have been quizzed quite a few times about the length of my stay( it is never more than 7-10 days and is for business) and on 3 occasions have had a 30 day stamp put into my passport rather than the 90.

It is not a concern for me but dont presume that you will automatically get 90 days even with the ABTC. The Thais have been one of the most vocal countries in the past 2 years complaining about abuse of the ABTC scheme and the tightening of who can qualify to get one in Australia now stems from that.

Edited by hagler

Yes, you are all so rich..... yet can not afford a partly 10 million baht for an investment visa?

ROFL

It's not about being able to afford it or not- it's about whether it represents value for money for what you get in return. 500k for a 5 year visa is a much more attractive proposition. But not everyone thinks the same- some people actively look to invest money, others don't.

It's the same people here who slag off the people who bought an elite card who also back home slate people who can afford luxery cars and wrist watches etc. Jealousy simple as that. They just cannot comprehend someone spending more money than they have, anything above this threshold is 'a waste' and pointless and STUPID, right?

Got it all the time in Indonesia over apartments, people saying "how can you spend $1800 on a serviced apartment? My apartment is only $300 and I live just fine, roofs over my head is all I need, you must be stupid?"

He is comparing an overpriced serviced apartment that he used to pay, like the other guy comparing luxury cars.... which incidentally has nothing to do with this thread except to boost the insecurities of certain posters by saying how much money they have.

ROFL

This 500k elite visa is for the guys who don't wanna leave cheap sex, but don't have any other means to stay in Thailand. It's like leasing a car instead of buying. In another 5 years, you are going to lease another.

But wait I didn't finish.. My response to these $300 apartment teachers is that my company reimburses me the full cost as it's part of my "package", so what does it matter?

And $1800 for a serviced apartment in Jakarta is overpriced, or for RICH people LOLLLL???! $1800 will get you something distinctly average. I had only just turned 27 at the time so I'm not going to complain, it was ample for me, but certainly not luxury.

Here you are again slagging people off because of something they've bought. It's not like I was boasting to anyone about where I lived.. Someone asks where, I say where, the response is 'that must be expensive?' And my answer is not really. Their question: so how much is it, how many rooms etc? I give them the details of the services provided, facilities, furnishings etc Nd it's $1800. Then all of a sudden the insults start to come out of these pathetic little shits mouths, much like yourself sir. How they only pay this and only pay that, their Casio was only $5 and their sandals (that are falling to bits) are fake leather and only $10. Who gives a shit?! I'm happy for them, but it's the personal and UNPROVOKED insults from people like you that get on my nerves. Immediately you are on the defensive, immediately whatever it is someone has bought is 'overpriced' and they are an 'idiot' for buying it. You are pathetic, but I'm happy for you as long as you keep your crap about your miserable life to yourself and don't blame others for enjoying the fruits of their hard earned labour

Oh.... I see. You didn't finish! There is more to this story! It changes as I suits you and now the company was paying for it.

Hey smarty pants.... I am not laughing at anyone who is stoopid enough to drop 500k on a visa. I am laughing at posters like you who pretend to be internet rich and bash newbies who don't have 500k for elite card like this is the only way to live in Thailand long term.

What a bunch of crapola.

However, someone mentioned that 10mil investment visa is no more. In this case yes, 500k elite visa actually becomes relevant.

ROFL

You're laughing, but I think it's funnier you have come to live in asia and are still living hand to mouth.

That 10 million baht (let's say 9.5m after buying the elite card) would be better spent as a 25% deposit on a sort after apartment in west london, with a balance to pay stamp duty and completely do the place over to make it a great letting (tax deductible). After interest on the loan and even paying off some capital you'd still be making 20% profit a month. Then wait it out for the property prices to rise and you've got a great little number. Better than putting all that money in a politically unstable 3rd world country like Thailand earning 2.5% a year and then potentially wiping that out with any adjustments in exchange!! Not to mention if shit hits the fan with the army and you have to evacuate, how you going to get that money out of the country? Not worth the risk, is it? I wouldn't expect a whelk like you to understand any of that though

Edited by Grindting
  • Like 2

The one deal breaker for me when dealing with SCB was that they insisted on settling in THB as opposed to USD. Currency loss at their rate at time of conversion on ฿10MM just doesn't make sense. Haven't looked further since.

I'm due to pick up my ABTC when I return back to Canada for an annual visit. My HK friends with ABTC get fast track and 90 days stamped into their UK passports upon arrival at swampy. Will be interesting to see if I get the same as a Canadian. If so, Elite just lost what I feel to be a great advantage.

Be aware that the days of waltzing through on an ABTC and automatically getting 90 days have been over for quite a long time now.

I enter the country on a very regular basis on an ABTC for business and in the past 12 months have been quizzed quite a few times about the length of my stay( it is never more than 7-10 days and is for business) and on 3 occasions have had a 30 day stamp put into my passport rather than the 90.

It is not a concern for me but dont presume that you will automatically get 90 days even with the ABTC. The Thais have been one of the most vocal countries in the past 2 years complaining about abuse of the ABTC scheme and the tightening of who can qualify to get one in Australia now stems from that.

Is that the APEC card for 3 years ??

Unsurprised that there have been complaints.. These have been being offered around bars in Sukhumvit for 9k baht up to 15k for a 3 year card, 90 day entries.. They base you out of hong kong was the sales pitch, that way you could be any nationality..

Proper scam system being done there so no wonder these are being looked at hard.

Is that the APEC card for 3 years ??

Correct

Why is this such a debated topic. Many posts have erroneous information stated as fact. The OP must understand that just because we are currently living under a military dictatorship many of us still have free will and the ability to make informed choices. Throwing rocks at people's choices comes off as sour grapes IMHO.

I don't have the card but I do appreciate having it available as an option.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken the going price for a Thai Elite card is 2 million bhat now...

And horstky speaking it's people's own choice what and how they want to spend money ( that's my believe ...)

Not sure if everyone contributing here is familiar with the subject matter.

post-35874-0-58339700-1406791691_thumb.j

The OP maybe considers it a "poor man's option" but recent and ongoing events with Thai Immigration has probably piqued a lot of interest in the lowest echelon. For those that continue to view the whole thing as another dodgy Thaksin invention, do try and keep up.

I don't follow the OP's contention that if one can afford 500k baht, then one can afford 10 million. There's a whole lot of people out there that may have high net worth and oceans of liquidity but still don't have a pot to p!ss in.

My god, would someone please give this nitwit OP a big hug and tell 'em it's alright to scrape by? Not everyone has to be able to afford this Elite card, it would make it much less fun to own one (I'm sure those who have purchased said card are enjoying the obvious jealous and bitter rants from douchebags like the OP).

Now, get on with it buddy, the kids in your classroom are waiting for ya! tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

• Like 2

I have only been a TV member for a short time and have never seen anyone pushing the elite card as you suggest. I might not bee reading the correct sections of TV so I would like it pointed out where I can see the postings you are referring to.

I have been back and forward to Thailand for over a decade and first applied to retire here in 2010 and received permission to stay within three months after depositing the necessary 800,00.00 baht. I moved and settled here permanently in 2013. Every year prior to moving here and since then I have obtained the yearly extension and a multiple re-entry visa and have never had a problem reporting every 90 days.

I was ignorant of the elite Card until I saw a few referrals to it over the past month but I have never seen any of the so called Hi So's you are referring to pushing their barrow on this matter. I have never seen the need for an Elite Card for myself but then I am only an average Joe Blow and maybe this card is beneficial for younger persons who are unable to retire here but are fortunate enough to have substantial assets to start a business or invest here.

I planned my retirement and although not rich, I am living very comfortably in North East Thailand. I have retained funds in my home country, Australia, and receive a little interest each month that pays some of my monthly accounts. I was one of those rich bastards that you seem to loath so much but lost most of my money when the share market collapsed in the GFC but with what I still have you might think I am a Hi So.

You accuse others of being bitter whilst you are crying in your milk about life as it exists for you. I think you should understand the old saying, if the cap fits, wear it because from what I read of your post, you are the bitter one and obviously jealous of what others have been able to obtain. If you have come to Thailand to live and retire and are now living hand to mouth then you have only yourself to blame, please do not blame others for your failures.

I will never tell you or anyone else what I have in assets but even though I had problems in the GFC I survived and have been able to put aside enough to own everything I have, have no debts whatsoever and live a very comfortably in this wonderful country. Sure, there are many things that I think the Thais could be a bit lenient on for us Farangs but as I elected to retire here I find no difficulty in abiding by their rules, some of which do leave a little bit to desire, but that is life and I am getting on with it.

May I suggest you do the same and stop being bitter against successful people. I can tell you if I had ten million baht there is not way I would invest it in Thailand at 2.75% interest, as through negotiations I can get around 4.5% in Australia. But before you go off, I definitely do not have that amount. There may well be people on here like you say but to each his own and if you can see through them then there is no need for you to display you envy and distaste of them.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 2

ROFL

But wait I didn't finish.. My response to these $300 apartment teachers is that my company reimburses me the full cost as it's part of my "package", so what does it matter?

And $1800 for a serviced apartment in Jakarta is overpriced, or for RICH people LOLLLL???! $1800 will get you something distinctly average. I had only just turned 27 at the time so I'm not going to complain, it was ample for me, but certainly not luxury.

Here you are again slagging people off because of something they've bought. It's not like I was boasting to anyone about where I lived.. Someone asks where, I say where, the response is 'that must be expensive?' And my answer is not really. Their question: so how much is it, how many rooms etc? I give them the details of the services provided, facilities, furnishings etc Nd it's $1800. Then all of a sudden the insults start to come out of these pathetic little shits mouths, much like yourself sir. How they only pay this and only pay that, their Casio was only $5 and their sandals (that are falling to bits) are fake leather and only $10. Who gives a shit?! I'm happy for them, but it's the personal and UNPROVOKED insults from people like you that get on my nerves. Immediately you are on the defensive, immediately whatever it is someone has bought is 'overpriced' and they are an 'idiot' for buying it. You are pathetic, but I'm happy for you as long as you keep your crap about your miserable life to yourself and don't blame others for enjoying the fruits of their hard earned labour

Don't worry Grindting - I have known some wealthy, very generous genuine people.

I have also known some "rich" people, you know the sort who happily big note themselves in a bar or restaurant, maybe flash a few pics of a Porsche or Ferrari and an (ex) trophy wife and then mysteriously disappear when check bin time comes around. I think the poster fits the second description rather than the first.

• Like 1

For a poor guy like me, this thread is like slipping in unobserved to a hedge fund board meeting and listening in. It's thrilling hearing all of these high rollers talk, and areal education. Thank you all.

• Like 1

ROFL

You're laughing, but I think it's funnier you have come to live in asia and are still living hand to mouth.

That 10 million baht (let's say 9.5m after buying the elite card) would be better spent as a 25% deposit on a sort after apartment in west london, with a balance to pay stamp duty and completely do the place over to make it a great letting (tax deductible). After interest on the loan and even paying off some capital you'd still be making 20% profit a month. Then wait it out for the property prices to rise and you've got a great little number. Better than putting all that money in a politically unstable 3rd world country like Thailand earning 2.5% a year and then potentially wiping that out with any adjustments in exchange!! Not to mention if shit hits the fan with the army and you have to evacuate, how you going to get that money out of the country? Not worth the risk, is it? I wouldn't expect a whelk like you to understand any of that though

Says Scrooge McDuck in his friendless life in the money bin. Nothing like being the richest corpse in the graveyard.

ROFL

Says Scrooge McDuck in his friendless life in the money bin. Nothing like being the richest corpse in the graveyard.

Seriously, who on these boards ever noted themselves as rich, Least of all I? You're ridiculous.

It depend on individual situation. If you are over 50 then retirement visa is a good option and not expensive. Ed visa does not cost 50 000 but around 25000 and you will also learn a language if you attend the classes. Need not go out of country every 90 days, the school will do the job every 3 months. So 500 000 Baht is the price of 20 years Ed visa. But Elite Card is good for those who want to invest in the country without problems. I heard that those having Elite Card can also own land in Thailand. That is a huge advantage for those who are into this business or they want to buy a land, make a hours for himself without having to buy the house in Thai girls name (total loss) or create a dummy company and pay 13000 a year for accounting (you never know when the government will question these companies what they have been doing all these years).

So situation is dominant for the person to choose the Elite card, Ed visa, Retirement visa or tourist visa.

Nice smug you-just-can't afford-it post! Well, gee. Let's see. I could definitely afford it. I've already done my saving thank you very much. But I consider the EC a foolish way to spend money, find that I simply don't want it, actually don't need it, DEFINITELY won't be intimidated by some orgiastic & xenophobic foreign law enforcement apparatus into buying it, and think it's a shame that anybody else should be. But you're right about one thing - many will be going home (or elsewhere), taking their incomes & assets with them, or waving off from Thailand to begin with, and I realize that you in your smug little comfort zone will be happy about that. I'm not so sure that a number of thais in a number of tourist- and foreigner-oriented occupations will be quite as happy about it as you are. But no need to concern ourselves with them, right?