Confusion regd HouseMap and other photos for ext of O Visa

Hi

I and my husband who is a Thai National are going tomorrow to the Immigration Office for my visa extension. I hold a Non Immigrant O Visa.

We do have quite a few documents like -

Marriage Certificate

Birth Certificate

Photo 4*6 size

Husband's house registration and his ID Card

Passport photocopy

Well the major concern is people have been mentioning the requirement for a house map, pictures of us taken together in the house to show as a proof that we are living together etc..

Could someone please clear this confusion as we dont have those but can carry the soft copy at least..

Immigration wants a simple hand drawn map to find your house in case they want to visit.

They also want a few photo' of you and your husband together inside the house, included 1 in the bedroom and outside the house, including 1 in which bth you two and the house number is visible.

Printing them is normally fine.

Don't forget you have to submit everything in two fold if not applying in BKK.

• Like 2

Richa012,

U need 1-2 snaps of your husband outside of your house maybe with the house no,net showing if u can. Another one inside the house with him maybe next to the computer or while dining with him.

As for the map, the immigration people at maisai where I'd do my extensions were nice enough to ask directions to my house from their immigration office and hand drew the map there and then for me. Very touching !!! I keep a photocopy of the map and use it all the time for my marriage yearly extensions.

Incidentally since your husband is a Thai national, it would be easy for you to get a Thai passport based on marriage with him and that would save you the hassle of taking yearly visas every year. The laws for adopting Thai nationality for a lady who is married to a Thai man is easier than a foreign man married to a Thai lady.

And if your country allows dual nationality then you save the hassle of taking visas every time you fly to your country. Just something that came to my mind in your case and I thought I would like to share it with you.
  • Like 1

I have gotten this renewal 5 times now and they definitely want the map and pics. I pull up google maps and make sure it shows my street - then I put a red X where my house is. Also they want a pic of you and your family 1) outside the house with the house number visible, 2) in the bedroom and 3) in the living room.

• Like 1

I did a nice google map print off and marked everthing down and this was thrown back in my face. My wife then drew a map which was only good if you knew the town we lived in and they accepted it. Funnily enough though when they wanted to come for the 1st house visit they had to call to find the place as the was no compass points on the map to help them.

• Like 1

okay,

So i took all the documents and the pictures in the living room, bed room, kitchen and even in front of the house number.

What i got back was a Two month visa, thankfully.

The immigration officer asked us to translate our marriage certificate and other documents such as my birth certificate etc to Thai, get it attested from my embassy(indian) and then get it attested from the Foreign Ministry. Heh.!

We went to the Foreign ministry after the immigration, to get them translated, at the legal help desk, the lady suggested us to go to the Indian Embassy first, get it attested there and then get it translated, come to the foreign ministry for i dont remember what and then go to the local district office which is at soi 60,sukhumvit for us where we will get our thai marriage certificate.

this is so confusing but i had a blank look when the officer was speaking to my husband - should learn thai soon.

But thank you all for so much help.

Richa012,

U need 1-2 snaps of your husband outside of your house maybe with the house no,net showing if u can. Another one inside the house with him maybe next to the computer or while dining with him.

As for the map, the immigration people at maisai where I'd do my extensions were nice enough to ask directions to my house from their immigration office and hand drew the map there and then for me. Very touching !!! I keep a photocopy of the map and use it all the time for my marriage yearly extensions.

Incidentally since your husband is a Thai national, it would be easy for you to get a Thai passport based on marriage with him and that would save you the hassle of taking yearly visas every year. The laws for adopting Thai nationality for a lady who is married to a Thai man is easier than a foreign man married to a Thai lady.

And if your country allows dual nationality then you save the hassle of taking visas every time you fly to your country. Just something that came to my mind in your case and I thought I would like to share it with you.

Hi,

I didnt know for obtaining a Thai Passport it would be just as easy, is it?

I conferred with my husband about the same that you mentioned,

He says for that I need to speak Thai. is it?

because going every year to the Immigration office doesnt seem much of a great deal.

Also my husband and i think some of his immediate family also have a dual citizenship.

Would love your response, Sir.

okay,

So i took all the documents and the pictures in the living room, bed room, kitchen and even in front of the house number.

What i got back was a Two month visa, thankfully.

The immigration officer asked us to translate our marriage certificate and other documents such as my birth certificate etc to Thai, get it attested from my embassy(indian) and then get it attested from the Foreign Ministry. Heh.!

We went to the Foreign ministry after the immigration, to get them translated, at the legal help desk, the lady suggested us to go to the Indian Embassy first, get it attested there and then get it translated, come to the foreign ministry for i dont remember what and then go to the local district office which is at soi 60,sukhumvit for us where we will get our thai marriage certificate.

this is so confusing but i had a blank look when the officer was speaking to my husband - should learn thai soon.

But thank you all for so much help.

What you are needing to do is register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe or Khet. They will then issue a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry that you will need at immigration to get a one year extension of stay.

Marriage certificate first needs to be certified at the embassy. A self certification will be accepted by doing a statement that it is true and correct.

The you need have the marriage certificate and certification translated to Thai and then the translation certified by the MFA.

Then go to the district office and register your marriage. They will update the house book and issue the Kor Ror 22.